Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Shaolin handlock btw was also from a german 2k 35mm scan, if you mean this title here:

but you should always be aware that German prints were mostly cut and a lesser quality second movie version (with subpar quality inserts) is then included as bonus feature.

https://www.ofdb.de/film/14124,Shaolin-Handlock/

Edited by spannick
  • Like 2

Yihetuan

FilmArt is releasing the Bruce The Super Hero on blu ray supposedly from a 4K master sometime this year. Details TBD. Maybe @spannick has further info?

bruce-lee---der-tiger-hetzt-sie-alle-4k-remastered.jpg

• Like 4

spannick
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

FilmArt is releasing the Bruce The Super Hero on blu ray supposedly from a 4K master sometime this year. Details TBD. Maybe @spannick has further info?

i am not in contact with Filmart, so no idea about anything else than what the labels says online.

• Like 1

thundered mantis
On 12/28/2023 at 12:50 PM, spannick said:

Shaolin handlock btw was also from a german 2k 35mm scan, if you mean this title here:

but you should always be aware that German prints were mostly cut and a lesser quality second movie version (with subpar quality inserts) is then included as bonus feature.

https://www.ofdb.de/film/14124,Shaolin-Handlock/

Thank you so much. I'm grabbing it then. I had doubts 'cause the "from new 2k scan" phrase was also used in the release of The Sword and it ended up being an upscale of the old DVD with a layer of fake grain added to it, but if this one is genuine it's a winner for me. Very nice action in this one. 

• Like 1

Yihetuan

Anolis Entertainment is releasing Shatter aka Call Him Mr Shatter on blu ray. English friendly of course. Release date TBA.

der-toedliche-schatten-des-mr.-shatter.jpg

• Like 2

ShawAngela
4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Anolis Entertainment is releasing Shatter aka Call Him Mr Shatter on blu ray. English friendly of course. Release date TBA.

der-toedliche-schatten-des-mr.-shatter.jpg

Shout already released a blu ray of this. Is it an improvement in comparison to Shout?

pachito23
On 1/2/2024 at 7:06 PM, spannick said:

i am not in contact with Filmart, so no idea about anything else than what the labels says online.

I sent a message to them asking about more details. Let‘s wait and see. 

Cinestrange released Yoshihiro Nishimura's splatter gorefest comedy, Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl on uncut blu ray. The Funimation Region A release has long been OOP and going for crazy money on the used market. So this might be a chance to pick this up instead as it's English friendly.

vampire-girl-frankenstein-girl-amaray-1.jpeg

vampire-girl-frankenstein-girl-amaray-2.jpeg

vampire-girl-frankenstein-girl-amaray-hinten.jpeg

vampire-girl-frankenstein-girl-amaray-sleeve2.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/21/2023 at 2:58 AM, spannick said:

Queen's High planned Artworks

queenshigh_1.jpg

queenshigh_2.jpg

queenshigh_3.jpg

queenshigh_4.jpg

queenshigh_5.jpg

Shamrock released the artwork but disappointed it's not any featuring the wedding dress cover. @spannick do you know if any of the other planned covers will debut later?

queens-high---red-force-the-beginning-2k-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a-neu.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

pachito23
5 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Shamrock released the artwork but disappointed it's not any featuring the wedding dress cover. @spannick do you know if any of the other planned covers will debut later?

queens-high---red-force-the-beginning-2k-remastered-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a-neu.jpg

https://collectors-junkies.com/red-force-the-beginning-im-blu-ray-mediabook-ab-2024/
Here they talk about probably five different covers. However no release date nor preordering yet. 

• Like 2

Shamrock is putting out Ninja in the Dragon's Den in a mediabook edition with a longer cut included as a bonus. Full technical specs & release date TBD but it's currently listed as English friendly as were the previous blu ray releases in Germany.

ninja-kommando-vorab.jpg

• Like 8

Starting this month, Shamrock will partner with retrogold63 to sell their mediabooks, blu rays, & dvds. The site has dual language option and the prices are shown in dollars. Sounds good right? That's what I thought until I saw their shipping fees.:BL-Sad:

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 19-33-00 (1) Facebook.png

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 19-28-18 Versand und Reklamation.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1

ChillyChong

Retrogold said in fb pre-orders for Queen`s High and Dreaming the Reality will be active in 2 weeks. Hopefully that is case, am more interested of girls with guns than traditional kung fu flicks atm and feels time goes forward really slow when waiting those to be released.

On 1/20/2024 at 4:31 AM, Yihetuan said:

Starting this month, Shamrock will partner with retrogold63 to sell their mediabooks, blu rays, & dvds. The site has dual language option and the prices are shown in dollars. Sounds good right? That's what I thought until I saw their shipping fees.:BL-Sad:

Yes, these are the official (and very hefty) fees charged by DHL for international, insured packages here in Germany. As far as I can tell, there are cheaper options in some cases. A small, insured package to the US costs 25 Euro if using Hermes instead. I'm not entirely sure, commercial sellers might still be able to send products as large or maxi letters. But they unfortunately changed this rule for private customers a while ago. This means that you are only allowed to send documents as international letters now.

• Sad 1

On 1/20/2024 at 10:53 PM, ChillyChong said:

Retrogold said in fb pre-orders for Queen`s High and Dreaming the Reality will be active in 2 weeks. Hopefully that is case, am more interested of girls with guns than traditional kung fu flicks atm and feels time goes forward really slow when waiting those to be released.

Here's the cover art for Dreaming the Reality mediabook. retrogold63 says more cover variants will be available in the coming weeks.

screenshot-navigator-bs.gmx.com-2024.01.22-13_04_09.png

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

I just did a mock order at RetroGold and for The Deby Collector and The Debt Collectors mediabooks, the shipping and handling ended up being $23, nowhere near the $50 they claimed in their above statement.

For the two mediabooks and shipping, the order came to $77. Not terrible, but not cheap.

• Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

I just did a mock order at RetroGold and for The Deby Collector and The Debt Collectors mediabooks, the shipping and handling ended up being $23, nowhere near the $50 they claimed in their above statement.

For the two mediabooks and shipping, the order came to $77. Not terrible, but not cheap.

That's a relief. :BL-OK:

TG Visiongate is releasing The Tournament on blu ray. Will be English friendly and will include a bonus film, Infernal Street which will also be English friendly. The expected release date is May 3rd.

der-todestritt-der-gelben-katze-2k-remastered-limited-edition-de.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

ironfistedmonk

Whats that German title translate to?  It seems half the kung fu films ever made are called Der todensomething der gelben something 

• Haha 3

pachito23
2 minutes ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Whats that German title translate to?  It seems half the kung fu films ever made are called Der todensomething der gelben something 

The Deadly Kick of the Yellow Cat...

• Like 1

ShawAngela
15 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

TG Visiongate is releasing The Tournament on blu ray. Will be English friendly and will include a bonus film, Infernal Street which will also be English friendly. The expected release date is May 3rd.

der-todestritt-der-gelben-katze-2k-remastered-limited-edition-de.jpg

Youhouhouhouhouh! Angela's face is a little bit damaged, here... But that's sooooo goooood news!! And Infernal Street too! Yu Tien Lung on blu ray! Youhouhouhouhouh again!! :bs_martialgreeting::yociexp66:

30 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Youhouhouhouhouh! Angela's face is a little bit damaged, here... But that's sooooo goooood news!! And Infernal Street too! Yu Tien Lung on blu ray! Youhouhouhouhouh again!! :bs_martialgreeting::yociexp66:

The Tournament is supposed to be from a new 2K remaster but no mention if the bonus film will be HD.

• Like 2

Very likely The Tournament will get a Eureka release.Is Infernal Street i guess will be the old german dvd transfer.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 1