Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

1 hour ago, spannick said:

Queen's High and Dreaming the Reality will be out the same day i was told, and shamrock also said there'll be a realiable shop which ships internationally for mediabooks. I will keep on track.

I'm sure it'll be D&T mail-order from Austria. I had a bad experience with them & won't ever go back to them. Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice, well you know.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

I'm sure it'll be D&T mail-order from Austria. I had a bad experience with them & won't ever go back to them. Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice, well you know.

What happened?for me dragon and tiger always been great and big thumbs up they never charged pre orderds before had items in stock

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Did you try Groovesland or Dvdparadies ? I used each of them several times and I never had any problem.

I tried once dtm because a lot of people here said that they were reliable, and I never was able to order anything. I was blocked at the payment step. I sent them a message, they asked me what I wanted to buy and after I answered them, I never heard back from them again.

As I was already reluctant to buy from them because they don't use paypal, I decided not to try again.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

What happened?for me dragon and tiger always been great and big thumbs up they never charged pre orderds before had items in stock

I might've been the 1 exception out of hundreds of orders they fulfilled for international customers but it just soured me on them. I won't go into details here but if you had good experience with them in the past & then by all means continue using their service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShawAngela said:

Did you try Groovesland or Dvdparadies ? I used each of them several times and I never had any problem.

I tried once dtm because a lot of people here said that they were reliable, and I never was able to order anything. I was blocked at the payment step. I sent them a message, they asked me what I wanted to buy and after I answered them, I never heard back from them again.

As I was already reluctant to buy from them because they don't use paypal, I decided not to try again.

Yes I have used both of those others you mentioned & never had any problems with either. I recommend them myself as alternatives to D&T.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

never heard of those companies.I usually use amazon.de but if movie is "unrated" they have limited stock and sells out fast so have relied on d&t.

On 12/19/2023 at 8:47 AM, Yihetuan said:

Eastern Cult is also releasing Shogun Assassin on blu ray in April. Will be English friendly and in keepcase format but other details TBD.

Screenshot_2023-12-19 Henker des Shogun Blu-ray.png

henker-des-shogun-vorab.jpg

Shogun Assassin is getting a second alternate cover B.

UPDATE 2 (from December 22nd): We have just found out exclusively that a second cover variant will also appear in the Keep Case. The release will also take place on April 26, 2024. The bonus material will include the German trailer. Image encoding in 1080p, AVC and German sound in Dolby Digital 2.0 format were also confirmed.

4059251623366.jpg

On 12/21/2023 at 10:31 PM, ShawAngela said:

I ordered the Taoism Drunkard DVD at Groovesland once. Said would be shipped within 2 weeks. Never got it and had to ask PayPal for refund. 

Edited by pachito23
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Super Cop 2 is getting a blu ray release from Phoenix in March. Confirmed to have English subs.

Mega_Cop_Galerie.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be an upscale of the German dvd

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saltysam said:

Wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be an upscale of the German dvd

I had exactly that thought too. I'll definitely wait for the first reviews (see "Wing Chun").

• Like 1

Saying Cynthia Luster (Yukari Oshima) and Jackie Chan are in Supercop 2 is like saying Jackie Chan is in Enter the Dragon.

They're seconds-long cameos lol

• Haha 2

this was quoted on Shamrock's facebook page

"So friends we wish you. Wishing you friends and families a happy and blessed holiday.
Maybe you'll see yourself in 2024 on one or the other film exchange.
This year, due to extensive restorations and newly designed artworks, we did not manage all the releases we wanted to bring.
But in 2024 something is coming your way:
Angel Terminators
Angel Terminators 2 - best of Lady kickboxers
Angel Terminators 3 - Mission of Justice (Gueststar Gary Daniels)
Iron Angels 1-4
The little fatty is killing it
Skinny Tiger
Two threshing machines
Bronze Warrior
Red Force The Begining
Blood Sisters dreaming the reality
Hard boiled 2 just Heros
Hard boiled 3 last blood
City cops
Tigerkralle 1-3
Morturay-hall of death
Grizzly
New york 1991
Screaming death of the cannibals
Karate tiger 2
And much more"
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

16 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Iron Angels is auto-buy from me (there is a 4th one?)

thats known as princess madam everywhere else but is known as iron angels 4 in Germany

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spannick said:

"The little fatty is killing it" from the list is Sammo Hung "Filthy Guy".

That would be awesome since I only got an out of sync custom with French subs  in ok quality. Never heard of Angel Terminators 3. 

I can‘t wait for those Iron Angels movies. 

Btw, are you spannick from ofdb ?

4 hours ago, pachito23 said:

That would be awesome since I only got an out of sync custom with French subs  in ok quality. Never heard of Angel Terminators 3. 

I can‘t wait for those Iron Angels movies. 

Btw, are you spannick from ofdb ?

angel terminators 3 is the german name for Mission of Justice which is the movie's actual name Yukari Oshima and Moon Lee star in it

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 8:26 AM, Knetan said:

I remember the german ems dvds were of excellent quality and 5.1 actually sounded great. Those were not English friendly though. Whether the above is upscaled or HD I don't know. Is the company known for quality releases?

Not really. Most upscaled versions. Some releases are good (Born Hero 2/ Tiger on The Beat) some really bad DVD master upscales (A better Tomorrow 2 or Once a Thief) But they did fine with Johnnie To TV movie production Iron Butterfly. First in a 3- part series but I doubt they'll do part 2 and 3. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 8:26 AM, Knetan said:

I remember the german ems dvds were of excellent quality and 5.1 actually sounded great. Those were not English friendly though. Whether the above is upscaled or HD I don't know. Is the company known for quality releases?

The ems DVD versions were really great. Later ems put out the Blu Ray versions. They are slightly (!) better than the DVDs but in comparison really close to dvd quality. If I remember correct. The site Blu Ray Disc Germany stated that this release by 375 Media IS a re-release of those oop Ems Blu Rays. I'll definitely compare both BR's next year.

• Like 2

thundered mantis
2 hours ago, spannick said:

1) against rascals with kung fu (german re-edit)    https://www.ofdb.de/film/34916,Zwei-Dreschflegel-schlagen-alles-kurz-und-klein/

Oh man! Great release for me! Do you know if it will be real HD or an upscale? I have refrained from buying Shaolin Handlock precisely fearing it would be an upscale. Can you tell? Thank you

7 minutes ago, thundered mantis said:

Oh man! Great release for me! Do you know if it will be real HD or an upscale? I have refrained from buying Shaolin Handlock precisely fearing it would be an upscale. Can you tell? Thank you

German 35mm 2K Scan, but be aware it's only about 60 Mins of original Movie, the remainder is from Fearlesss Hyena / Jackie Chan stuff.

• Buddha Bless You 1