Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

On 11/29/2023 at 2:56 AM, spannick said:

both ANGEL TERMINATORS will have English Subs and original English Dub Versions included.

Nice covers. Ralph Krause?

Angel_Terminators_Galerie.jpg

Angel_Terminators_II_Galerie.jpg

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Turbine Films is releasing Bernardo Bertolucci's The Last Emperor in a 4K UHD + 3 blu ray mediabook in 3 covers and available as a set in December. Will have English audio & subtitles.

LE1.1.jpg

LE1.jpg

LE2.1.jpg

LE2.jpg

LE3.1.jpg

LE3.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

TVP milking the New One Armed Swordsman with a special limited edition hard box edition due out December 8. This will be the uncut final version which fixed the frame cuts of the previous edition and will be English friendly like the previous blu rays.

schwert-des-gelben-tigers-hartbox-br.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lastninja said:

Are there any advantages in comparison to the Mediabook release from Shock Entertainment?

rotepythonmediabooks.jpg.2ac795d9e5d3daf2465b65e27c681719.jpg

Someone in the comments said they're not upgrading because they have the Shock Ent version and the FilmArt is not an upgrade over it. Take that with a grain of salt though.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 2:58 AM, Yihetuan said:

Superb covers, I love them, they are much better than the Spectrum ones!

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 7:58 PM, Yihetuan said:

Day 1 Purchases as well as Iron Angels 1 and 4 and maybe 2 and 3 when they arrive in 2024 if Eureka or 88 release these in the future sometime I would still buy to support I am hoping Killer Angels will be picked up by some label in the future as well and they are and the Iron Angels and probably others are planned to be region free

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, lastninja said:

Are there any advantages in comparison to the Mediabook release from Shock Entertainment?

rotepythonmediabooks.jpg.2ac795d9e5d3daf2465b65e27c681719.jpg

According to FB it will have remastered audio and english subtitles.

• Like 2

Capelight is going to release a standard 4K UHD keepcase version of Limbo in case the mediabook was too pricey.

UPDATE: In keeping with today's offer, Capelight Pictures announced that there are only 337 copies of the 4K media book left in stock. Since sales have begun, the single 4K UHD is now going into production as a standard edition. The release in the keep case will take place in January 2024.

On 12/1/2023 at 1:30 PM, ShawAngela said:

I just saw on Facebook that FilmArt will release The Battle Wizard soon.

Final tech specs are now available and the original audio was listed as Mandarin but it's Cantonese like previous releases.

UPDATE (from December 6th): All details about the release, which will take place on February 23rd, 2024, are now available. The Blu-ray can also be pre-ordered now.

The remastered new edition of the Shaw cult hit with Danny Lee! - With revised German original cinema dubbing! - Uncut version! - Limited to 1000 copies - A FILM ART production distributed by Media Target

Technical data Blu-Ray: Aspect ratio: 2.35:1 1080p FULL HD Languages: German, Cantonese DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO Running time: 76 min. (UNCUT) Subtitles: German, English Extras: - German video version - German cinema trailer - Original trailer - Promo trailer - Image gallery - Artbook with the German cinema notice - Reversible cover

blut-der-roten-python-media-target.jpeg

• Like 4

Cinestrange Extreme is releasing Urotsukidohi - Legend of the Overfiend in a blu ray mediabook edition. English friendly.

Keep your eyes open. We'll announce a release date as soon as we can be sure we can stick to it! The media book will contain three versions. An Ultimate Cut (Cinestrange long version) with a running length of approx. 129 minutes, a 35mm version (sampled from a Russian cinema reel) and the international HD version. For the first time in German and with over 200 minutes of bonus material, including an interview with Toshio Maeda, the soundtrack digitized from the LPs, picture galleries, promo videos, a picture-in-picture comparison of different versions, trailers, teasers and much more. Language(s): German, Japanese - Subtitles: German, English. Image format: 1.33:1 (16:9). The booklet text comes from Christoph N. Kellerbach and will contain 64 pages of pure reading pleasure. Please share this post with your friends who would also be looking forward to this masterpiece of anime horror.

Even more interesting for me is in their "coming soon" section they have Ng See-yuen's The Bloody Fists being restored for a future blu ray release.

Screenshot_2023-12-06 Coming Soon - Cinestrange Extreme.png

• Like 4

Did anyone buy The Killer from the same label? I remember members here saying it's just the old HKR custom being re-released under the guise of a legit label. Now the same with Hard Boiled.

It's hilarious because if you follow the link provided BbA films, it leads you to this.

https://www.facebook.com/p/Blumen-By-Alice-100054418182154/

Screenshot_2023-12-07 (20+) Dragon Video DV - John Woos - The Killer erscheint am 8 12 2023 Facebook.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Did anyone buy The Killer from the same label? I remember members here saying it's just the old HKR custom being re-released under the guise of a legit label. Now the same with Hard Boiled.

It's hilarious because if you follow the link provided BbA films, it leads you to this.

https://www.facebook.com/p/Blumen-By-Alice-100054418182154/

Screenshot_2023-12-07 (20+) Dragon Video DV - John Woos - The Killer erscheint am 8 12 2023 Facebook.png

My copy was dispatched by Amazon yesterday. Will get back after receipt.  

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 3:36 AM, Yihetuan said:

Screenshot_2023-12-04 Das Blut der roten Python Blu-ray.png

On the jpc site, Mandarin isn't listed, only German and Cantonese language, and no subtitles are mentioned... I don't remember if the Mediabooks had English subtitles and Mandarin language, does anyone know?

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

On the jpc site, Mandarin isn't listed, only German and Cantonese language, and no subtitles are mentioned... I don't remember if the Mediabooks had English subtitles and Mandarin language, does anyone know?

You missed my post right below that where FilmArt themselves say it will be Cantonese and have English subtitles. It's not a mediabook but FilmArt's DVD case they use for the blu rays in this Shaw Series. I don't like it either and wish they just used a standard amaray or keepcase.

UPDATE (from December 6th): All details about the release, which will take place on February 23rd, 2024, are now available. The Blu-ray can also be pre-ordered now.

The remastered new edition of the Shaw cult hit with Danny Lee! - With revised German original cinema dubbing! - Uncut version! - Limited to 1000 copies - A FILM ART production distributed by Media Target

Technical data Blu-Ray: Aspect ratio: 2.35:1 1080p FULL HD Languages: German, Cantonese DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO Running time: 76 min. (UNCUT) Subtitles: German, English Extras: - German video version - German cinema trailer - Original trailer - Promo trailer - Image gallery - Artbook with the German cinema notice - Reversible cover

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Just checked my Blu-ray from the Shock Entertainment Mediabook:

Languages: German, Mandarin

Subtitles: German

• Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, lastninja said:

Just checked my Blu-ray from the Shock Entertainment Mediabook:

Languages: German, Mandarin

Subtitles: German

Unfortunately, that's why the comments said it's not an upgrade over the Shock media book. Probably because the audio track. FilmArt has done this already with Ten Tigers from Kwangtung, The Avenging Eagle & now Battle Wizard?!:BL-Why:  Sorry @ShawAngela I misread your post & thought you were talking about the FilmArt Blu ray & not the Shock Entertainment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Unfortunately, that's why the comments said it's not an upgrade over the Shock media book. Probably because the audio track. FilmArt has done this already with Ten Tigers from Kwangtung, The Avenging Eagle & now Battle Wizard?!:BL-Why:  Sorry @ShawAngela I misread your post & thought you were talking about the FilmArt Blu ray & not the Shock Entertainment.

Yes, I talked about the FilmArt bluray. Though you posted that they mention that there will be English subtitles, the site where I saw the bluray says doesn't mention any subtitles : no English, nor no German. They really should be careful about the informations they give to the buyers, and I can't understand why they still mention Mandarin language when there is only Cantonese language. I can't either believe that they aren't able to make the difference between Cantonese and Mandarin just by ear, there are so different languages!

10 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Yes, I talked about the FilmArt bluray. Though you posted that they mention that there will be English subtitles, the site where I saw the bluray says doesn't mention any subtitles : no English, nor no German. They really should be careful about the informations they give to the buyers, and I can't understand why they still mention Mandarin language when there is only Cantonese language. I can't either believe that they aren't able to make the difference between Cantonese and Mandarin just by ear, there are so different languages!

I agree language and subtitle information given by label should be 100% accurate. personally I do not care canto or mandarin as long as there is  chinese audiotrack. Seems forthcoming releases of Avenging Eagle and Flag of Iron are  in standard BR cases and imo cover sleeves has more pleasing colours(never liked that default brown they use) so will wait later release of Battle Wizard. It is fun movie but not necessary upgrade so want it with case&cover which do not annoy me.

Edited by ChillyChong