Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

TibetanWhiteCrane
All praise the Germans - the only country still carrying the torch for old school goodness!

They really are..... Deutchland uber alles!

OpiumKungFuCracker
Which one(s) Ope? I litterally JUST ordered D7T from german Amazon.

DTshop or something like that.. Amazon German, gonna take a look, thanks!!!!

Guest Markgway
DUEL OF THE 7 TIGERS...once bit if eye-stabbing (1s) is cut in the Cinema Print (it's ALSO missing in the UK Releases!), but it was seen in a flashback later so that was reconstructed in the long Combo-Edit where it belongs, too.

That scene was cut by the BBFC for video; they also cut a leg break.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Watching my newly aqcuired D7T right now.... this is probably the best this movie is ever gonna look!

Me so happy.....

Love the artwork too, though the big picture from Secret Rivals 2 on the back is a tad curious....

Btw is there a thread on here listing all the german releases with english dub?

not yet, soon. will have the same specs as FLK. as he likes to steal official DVDs, so others can steal his subs. and his Quality was even below any VHS Tape, embarassing. only the Mandarin Audio will be a different source, as FLK sounds like a 32kbit youtube video.

TibetanWhiteCrane
not yet, soon. will have the same specs as FLK. as he likes to steal official DVDs, so others can steal his subs. and his Quality was even below any VHS Tape, embarassing. only the Mandarin Audio will be a different source, as FLK sounds like a 32kbit youtube video.

OUCH:bigsmile::crossedlips:

So original audio will be included, as opposed to 7 TIGERS which only had an English dub. Good news indeed! When is this coming out???

hi---i was wondering if anyone can confirm that the german TVP release of THE CHINESE BOXER has the english dub. some sites say it does and others say it does not. anyone here actually buy the disc and knows for sure. thanks:tongue:

• Administrator

DUEL OF THE 7 TIGERS- German DVD

Are these two releases uncut? Also, what are language options?

The main version of the film is missing a bunch of dialogue scenes and bits of a couple of action scenes.

D7T has the original English dub. Dont know if it's uncut tho, haven't watched it yet. Picture quality is excellent.

It does look fantastic. The scene where Cliff Lok's character is being trained in Hung Gar fist by Chiu Chi-Ling is a prime example of the full and masterful use of the widescreen image!

The nut cracking scene in this clip is cut from the German release. :squigglemouth:

Shit! I really like that scene.

I noticed that too, but it was only somewhat superflous dialogue....

It actually is part of a plot string that pays off at the climax though. Plus, I always thought it was a cool bit to show each of them demonstrating their skills in a neat way.

DUEL OF THE 7 TIGERS is the German Cinema Print (81 mins, Dialogue missing). in the Bonus Section is a special Combi-Version, which includes insert in 1.78 with German Subs (optional). i prefer the shorter cut, gets faster to the action without missing anything of importance.

once bit if eye-stabbing (1s) is cut in the Cinema Print (it's ALSO missing in the UK Releases!), but it was seen in a flashback later so that was reconstructed in the long Combo-Edit where it belongs, too.

I didn't read Spannick's post until after discovering this feature quite by accident.

I watched the film, which I loved finally seeing in widescreen. But there are some really abrupt edits- one right in the middle of a conversation, and another cutting out an important bit where a character refuses to help. But the plethora of kung fu styles and generous amount of excellent action made up for it. I can't remember which (other than the "walnut scene"), if any, of these scenes were missing in the other versions that I've seen.

After the film I was checking out the extras. The one that says something like "RECONSTRUCTION" is the version that Spannick mentioned. It a version of the film that has all of the cut scenes reinserted back into the film! Though these are not quite as wide and have imbedded German subs, this would be the better way to see the film. Yeah, the "walnut scene" is back! :nerd: One problem though- Part of the Hung Gar training scene that I mentioned is put back in, but they replaced the whole scene with the less letterboxed version- not just the bit that was missing. So the beautiful framing for the first half of the scene is ruined if you watch it this way.

• Administrator
yeah that was done for not to interrupt the shot in the uncut Version. anyway, it's all there, one way or another ;)

next: DARKEST SWORD.

Right on. Personally I would have preferred a tiny interruption, but I'd still rate this release of DUEL OF THE 7 TIGERS very highly. Sure, the inclusion of the original Chinese soundtrack and subs would've been cool, but I'm thrilled with this edition none-the-less. I'd rate it an "A-"! :nerd:

• Administrator
Chinese Language was available, but nobody to make subs for it, especially in the given time.

Next time let me know. My buddy is amazing at creating subtitles.