Royal Tramp collection

GwaiLoMoFo

Picked up the new 2 disc set from Dragon Dynasty this week. I hadnt seen either of them but I figured both films for under $20 was a good deal. Ive only watched the first one so far, and I enjoyed it very much. The comedy was enjoyable and not too overdone. The last Chow film I tried to watch was "Fist Of Fury". Which I turned off about 30min into because it was unbearably stupid. The action was great, but coulda used more of it. I love the style of wire-fu used here and in films like "The Swordsman 2", "Dragon Inn" $ "Fire Dragon". Ripping trees out the ground, exploding torsos, ect.. Enjoyable stuff, 7/10.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Righteous Master

Can't decide if I should buy this 2 disc set or not. I really enjoyed KFH, but not sure about this one.

Can't decide if I should buy this 2 disc set or not. I really enjoyed KFH, but not sure about this one.

If you enjoy Chow's style of humor, and like new wave style Wuxia its worth checking out. At least you get 2 films for under $20 (w/extras and looking and sounding great). At least worth a rent.

If you enjoy Chow's style of humor, and like new wave style Wuxia its worth checking out. At least you get 2 films for under $20 (w/extras and looking and sounding great). At least worth a rent.

Yep. I tryed finding it at my local wal mart, but they were out of stock.

i enjoyed them both...I did enjoy 2 more than 1 maybe because Brigitte Lin had more of a presence in 2.

i enjoyed them both...I did enjoy 2 more than 1 maybe because Brigitte Lin had more of a presence in 2.

Same here, just watched 2 last night and liked it more than part 1. Part two moved along faster, had more action, and I found the comedy was toned down a bit (good thing imo).

Archived