Lone Wolf & Cub TV Series Vol.1 (Tokyo Shock)

GwaiLoMoFo

chanbara: I have the entire collection all 3 season but the quality isn't really that good at all. But each episode his skills were different, I really have to watch them again to give you an accurate answer.

Ok, no prob. I'm not sure where I read this (might have been on this board) but someone said that season 3 had much better sword fighting and that it completely made up for seasons 1 and 2 in that regard. Or something like that. It sounded a bit dubious to me, but I've been curious about it since I read that.

I will say that I do like some things about the TV series. It's faithfulness to the manga in both story and the look of the characters (unlike the 1993 movie version for example). It's only when Kinnosuke-san unsheated his sword that I really started to cringe. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chanbara: True his Sword Fighting skills weren't top notch but the action in the movies and the storylines were awesome I own the entire manga collection haven't even had a chance to read any of them yet. But what I did like was his relationship with his Son Daigoro and how the TV Series really focused on that. Overall putting his Skill level a side this is a great series. I would love to see this get a full remake today.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Does anybody know exactly how many of this TV series was actually made did they finish season #1 at least?

That's weird... I thought I answered this question already. Did a few posts disappear from this thread?

Yes, Media Blasters released the complete first season. It can be bought as a bunch of two disc sets (6 maybe?), or as two boxed sets (Media Blasters rereleased these with the season split in half, on two multi-disc sets). Three seasons of the LONE WOLF AND CUB TV series were made (1973-1976). The second two are available (with English subtitles) from our usual fan-friendly buddies, but not from official distributors.

BTW, I thought people reading this thread might be interested in this :wink: : http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17569

Archived