Lone Wolf & Cub TV Series Vol.1 (Tokyo Shock)

GwaiLoMoFo

GLMF: No my Brother you are way off this series really got much more into his life, and what happened to him and the relationship between him & Diagoro was such a great bond way different then the movies. But if Wakayama would've made this series forget about it! It Would've been totally AWESOME!

Like I said I was lucky to see the entire 3 seasons, but the quality of the films was from good to fair but still watchable.

GREAT SERIES!!! I just hope they complete all 3 seasons. :monkey02

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No my Brother you are way off this series really got much more into his life, and what happened to him and the relationship between him & Diagoro was such a great bond way different then the movies.

I was just refering to the first TS disc, as thats all Ive seen (so far). I know its a bit early to pass judgment after 4 episodes. That was just my impression with the series thus far. But already I can see what you mean by the depth the series goes into with the relationship between father & son.

daisho2004

OK back to this topic again has anyone heard any news regarding this series? Did they stop & just quit? That would be no surprise coming from MB! That is why I was hoping AnimEigo got the rights to this series!

I thought they just released a new dvd last month. I think they're at 6 dvds, up to episode 26. They also have put out the first 3 dvd's as a six disc set for 20 bucks.

OK I see they released this series in a box set Lone Wolf and Cub TV Collection 1 does anyone know if that was the entire 1st. season or not?

• Administrator
OK I see they released this series in a box set Lone Wolf and Cub TV Collection 1 does anyone know if that was the entire 1st. season or not?

No. That set is only 6 of the 12 discs released so far by Media Blasters.

OK I emailed and got a reply from John Sirabella over @ Media Blasters and its not looking good! Here is what he had to say:

We did release several volumes but I do not believe there will be any further, but right now no plans...

Now we have to hope that someone else picks up this series to finish it. I know one of the fansubbers starting subtitling this series. I'm not sure but I think it was CK aka Cannibal King over @ kurotokagi.com if no one else picks this series back up I hope he finishes whats left...I told you MB Sucks!

Yes that is what we said from the beginning, that was the same problem they had with Zatoichi TV Series... What a Shame LW&C is probably one of the Greatest Samurai TV Series ever made IMO...:cry:

Sadly my gut feeling was right after buying 1st volume..it was great but I wanted to be sure whole series will be released before investing more:neutral:

I assume then TS did not purchase rights for every episode because instead of releasing new volumes they are re-releasing old vols in bargain pack...it would be great value for money but I do not see any point for investing into serie which is not fnished:nerd:

Sucks. I really wish they finished this. Does anyone have the e-mail for the head of Media Blasters? I have a few questions regarding their future.

oh noo!!

I was hoping and waiting for more of the series to get released before spend my money on it..

now with just a part of the series out on DVD i guess i will not buy anything of this series.. :sad:

Any Lone Wolf and Cub is good for me, but I agree I would like the entire series and Media Blasters has done a great job with the releases so far. Here's hoping they release the rest!!

I had wrote to MB a while back and there is no plain for them to continue the rest of this series. So unfortunately us fans are stuck without one of the greatest Japanese TV series being finished! Tokyo Shock/MB did the same thing with the Zatoichi series instead of putting out the entire 1st. season they only put out a few episodes.

I had wrote to MB a while back and there is no plain for them to continue the rest of this series. So unfortunately us fans are stuck without one of the greatest Japanese TV series being finished! Tokyo Shock/MB did the same thing with the Zatoichi series instead of putting out the entire 1st. season they only put out a few episodes.

No really a fan of the TV series myself (the 6 original movies and, to a slightly lesser extent, the 1989 TV movie are LWC to me), but that's too bad. Must be due to poor sales. I've always heard the swordplay got much better in season 3 (it'd almost have to since Kinnosuke Yorozuya was embarassingly bad in season 1), so I was hoping to see that.

It is not strange there is poor sales since most fans know they abandoned the Zatoichi series... And it is also, in my opinion, just stupid to release a tv-series on regular dvd´s.. releasing boxsets with a full season is the only way to go..

chanbara: Nakamura did an Excellent job, at times watching his Sword Fighting skills I was like OK not bad but at other times I was amazed at the skill he had. But the problem is everyone is use to seeing Wakayama Tomisaburo as Ogami Itto so you get spoiled seeing anyone else portray him.

chanbara: Nakamura did an Excellent job, at times watching his Sword Fighting skills I was like OK not bad but at other times I was amazed at the skill he had. But the problem is everyone is use to seeing Wakayama Tomisaburo as Ogami Itto so you get spoiled seeing anyone else portray him.

Are you refering to his skills in season 1 or does he somehow get better later on? Because in season 1 (which is the only season I've seen) his "skills" are terrible and it's NOT because I'm comparing him to Wakayama, who's skills were peerless. I'm saying they were terrible from a purely martial arts stand point. He looks like a complete amateur. His stances are terrible and he's often off balance. And he holds and handles the sword like he's trying to swat flies or hit a baseball. Terrible. Funny thing is he was actually decent earlier on his career. It's clear he had little or no Kenjutsu training, but when he played Musashi in the 1960s for example he pulled off the sword fighting quite well. But when he changed his name to Yorozuya, it was like he forgot everything he was taught by the fight choreographers he had worked with. I've seen him in a number of movies and TV shows he did after LWC and it's the same. Hideki Takahashi on the other hand who played Ogami in the 1989 TV movie where Wakayama played Retsudo, does a fantastic job in the sword fights and is one of the few actors around who could've faught the great Wakayama and not looked like he was completely out of his league. Shinichi "Sonny" Chiba is someone else who would've been up to the task and was when he faught him in "Samurai Reincarnation" for example.

By the way, Tokyo Shock/MB actually released the full first Zatoichi season/series (Zatoichi Monogatari). It's the 3 remaining seasons/series (Shin Zatoichi) that they didn't get too. But I've been told that Merlin at Samurai DVD is going to tackle those soon. :bigsmile:

chanbara: I have the entire collection all 3 season but the quality isn't really that good at all. But each episode his skills were different, I really have to watch them again to give you an accurate answer.

Archived