The Transporter 3 (2008)

AlbertV

It is official that Jason Statham will reprise his role of ex-Special Forces member turned courier Frank Martin in Transporter 3.

Olivier Megaton, who worked as 2nd Unit Director of Hitman (the live action version of the video game that starred Tim Olyphant), will be directing this time around. The film will shoot for approximately 4 months in France and Russia.

Francois Berleand will return as Inspector Tarconi, Frank's only friend in the series, and Prison Break's Robert Knepper has joined the cast as well, possibly as the villain.

Shooting begins in March I think.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

ROBERT KNEPPER.... LOL.... it's only funny if your Danish!

I liked the first one, It had that cool, casual southern euro vibe, nice car action ala TAXI by the french car stunt team, and Corey's choreo. A nice mix!

The second was kinda lame!

Righteous Master

The first film in this series was pretty sweet. I never saw the second part though. I heard from a few of my friends that it was not that great.

I guess that I am somewhat surprized that they are making a part three. I am sure that Jason is happy though.

I think with the film coming back to France and now being shot in Russia, I smell redemption after Part 2's not too great glory.

Thought the first a very entertaining above average Hollywood action flick. The second was ridiculously over the top and nearly unwatchable. I have no reason to believe a 3rd installment will be any improvmenet. But I guess there is no way it could be worse than the 2nd. Unless they just re-release "Ultraviolet" as "Transporter 3". ;)

it could've been worse if i'd seen it was going to be directed by uwe boll eek.. i like jason statham though and i liked the first one alright second one was just a bit too much..

Cool...but i am guessing that it can only be better than part 2. I thought part 2 was a little over the top and a little weak in execution. I would guess that this time around the fight choreography might take on more of a "Bourne Identity" look to it since that is the current Hollywood standard.

doug maverick

part 2 was a total and complete rip off of man on fire starring denzel washington and dakota fanning directed by tony scott

TheGrimReaper

I also hope that the third part would be better than the second... And there is "Crank 2" on the way too :) As for Uwe Boll - no comment... Just have a look at his creation on the IMDB... Total disaster...

Here's the banner that was shown at Cannes

transporter3banner-small.jpg

Rumors are that Knepper may be playing that of a "rival" transporter.

Corey Yuen is in fact the martial arts choreographer again. Got the official word from our good ol' buddy "Big" Mike Leeder.

SamuraiDana

They could just save us all the trouble and combine the two sequels, CRANK and TRANSPORTER. Call it CRANKPORTER or TRANSCRANKER. Transporter Frank Martin gets possessed by the ghost of hitman Chev Chelios, who's out for revenge. He fights off the possession from time to time, giving Statham the chance to play both parts in the course of the movie. Why subject us to two completely ridiculous movies when one will do? I'd pay for a combo sequel. (Although I should get a free screening, since it was my idea after all.:P)

Lionsgate has acquired U.S. and Canadian distribution rights to the upcoming EuropaCorp-produced third "Transporter" movie.

Jason Statham returns as iconic action hero Frank Martin, and is joined by Robert Knepper ("Prison Break") and returning cast member Francois Berleand.

The project wrapped principal photography in early May and is currently in post-production.

The studio has set a Thanksgiving release for the film on November 26th 2008.

Thanks for the link...

The teaser looks better than Part 2 alone!!! I can't wait for this one to come out.

doug maverick
They could just save us all the trouble and combine the two sequels, CRANK and TRANSPORTER. Call it CRANKPORTER or TRANSCRANKER. Transporter Frank Martin gets possessed by the ghost of hitman Chev Chelios, who's out for revenge. He fights off the possession from time to time, giving Statham the chance to play both parts in the course of the movie. Why subject us to two completely ridiculous movies when one will do? I'd pay for a combo sequel. (Although I should get a free screening, since it was my idea after all.:P)

from what i just saw in the trailer. thats exactly what they did.

Drunken Monk

I'm hoping Corey Yuen stays well away from silly choreography and over the top wire work. I recently watched "Dead or Alive" and if he does anything with the third Transporter even remotely similar to what he did with that I will be pretty disappointed.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Which films made you a fan of Tony's stuff?

They should bring in Tony Leung Siu Hung, to do the action.... I miss him.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Well I think his ac record in HK movies speaks for it self, but he also showed that he could make westerners look good in NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER 3 and KING OF THE KICKBOXERS! Those might not have been "oscar worthy" movies in and of themselves, but Tony's choreo was ****ing awesome! So I would have liked to see him doing the action for this, but that was not to be, I guess!

What made me a fan?? I have no idea, he was just one of those "under the radar guys" that kept popping up, the more HK movies I watched! And when I checked his credits, I discovered that he had been the ac for tons of flicks that I enjoyed! Didn't even know he was Bruce Leung's brother till like 3 years ago or something! But he can do old school choreo, new school choreo, and gunplay stuff too! So I think he is criminally underrated!

doug maverick
Tom Yum Goong skank at 9 sec in.. then Crank ripoff.. one can only hope

what do you mean tom yum goong Skank?

Archived