ShaolinChamber = dead???? (WARNING: high res pics)

tarim69

What happaned to Shaolin Chamber??

I was looking for photos for some watercolors I was planning on doing and can find the page anymore :(

Anyone know where else I can find some really good HQ pics from Shaw Bros classics?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Righteous Master

Yeah, you used to be able to view the lobby cards and some SB MA films for free. Now with the new site update nothing is free anymore.

I believe they are one and the same.

Shaolin Chamber was a completely different site, run by a guy named Ray somewhere in California.

I sent Reloaded a email asking about their pay content and got a email back that theyre still working on getting the site up and running and getting the site fully functional.

Just a FYI and thanks for ther referal to the site.

What are you looking for? I've collected some great pics from this forum over the years, always willing to help out a fellow artist, if I don't have it someone else may.

venomchamber

I thought mahsingyi may have been a driving force behind them both?

SBR appeared at the same time SC was being neglected with no further updates before finally being closed.

What's more, both sites offer almost the exact same contents including photoshoped wallpapers, the same alternate DVD covers and the same faux lobby cards made from images lifted from back issues of Southern Screen and Celestial's still photos. Even the News And Updates blog is in the same format. The only differences I see are the German language option and the dropping of hkflix as a sponsor, presumably due to their support of Red Sun.

If they're not run by the same person/people, then they had a field day swiping and posting everything Shaw-related the SC has on their site!

gravedigger666

I do not have problem with pay-content.I`m happy to pay from stuff I luv,pirate collectors should burn in hell.Shaolin Chamber had fuckload of great trailers thanks a lot to them I discovered nice items.

oldeschool17
I do not have problem with pay-content.I`m happy to pay from stuff I luv,pirate collectors should burn in hell.Shaolin Chamber had fuckload of great trailers thanks a lot to them I discovered nice items.

You do realize that some of that content that shaw bros reloaded has are contributions from various forum members right? I would like to know if they are even authorized to sell that content from Celestial. Im gonna say no since their owner wont respond when I call him out on it.

gravedigger666
You do realize that some of that content that shaw bros reloaded has are contributions from various forum members right? I would like to know if they are even authorized to sell that content from Celestial. Im gonna say no since their owner wont respond when I call him out on it.

Of course profits to copyright owners should be made.If not it is as bad as supporting bootlegging.

gravedigger666

I am extremely puritist when it comes to things like that,been raised from childhood never take anything for free.That also makes me never seeing "to kill a mastermind"I understand some movies you guys trade are forever gone from legal market so in theory it is nobodys loss if copies are flooding around.

In theory only,multiple downloads from k-f movies might scare companies away from more obscure titles .Mainstream always survive from piracy but kung-fu movies not.Lack of customers,even young asians do not often like shaw bros movies because look too dated.

and in the end,don`t you enjoy seeing meters of original k-f movies in shelf instead of dvdrs?I am still bit novice into kung-fu movies maybe 170 dvds but I am proud of my collection already.

Thanks for the offer Tosh.

Right now Im looking for a good HQ pic of this....

http://www.cinereporter.fr/imgs/medias/film_photos/grande/FG3866.jpg

As well as the Tiger Killer shots that used to be on Chamber. I knew I should have saved them dammit.

Shaw Bros films are full of beautiful imigary so the inspiration from them could be endless. The imagery would also lend itself well to watercolor and pastels IMHO.

TibetanWhiteCrane

On the Celestial pictures website, they have some nice screens for all the movies, 4 for each I think, in decent quality.

"On the Celestial pictures website, they have some nice screens for all the movies, 4 for each I think, in decent quality."

thanks ...didnt know about that ...great pics..much respect for posting !!

Thanks for that info WhiteCran.

Man,Im looking for higher res if possible but thanks for the effort.

edit:Actually I blew that up a bit using Irfanview and it looks pretty good. Maybe my g/f will duplicate the pose or something and I can get the hands from her.

newonearmedswordsman04byx5.th.jpg

Thanks to all who responded

Archived