Can anyone identify these two movies?

mickfarm

1.) (I believe this one is Marco Polo/4 Assassins, but I may be wrong.)

Classic revenge story where, after defeated, 4 guys have to train in order to go back and win. The key was, they each trained in a quasi-Karate Kid kind of way. 1 simply churned this grain grinder device by himself until he was very strong. 2 learned to twist rocks in half. 3 fought bamboo (which cut him at first) until he could no longer be cut. I'm not sure what the 4th guy did. Anyone know this one?

2.) Someone is running guns, I believe. But, either way, your main two characters can't stand each other. I believe one was more of a roque while the other was more noble. But, the final scene, they are beside a train fighting a whole army of people just the two of them. Much of the fight they are in ankle deep water which splashes around with cool effect during the fight scene. And, at last as they've won, the two leads clasp hands in congratulations . . . but both fall down dead. Anyone know this one?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

The last one is ANONYMOUS HEROES, Shaw movie with Ti Lung and David Chiang! Blanking on the first one though!

Thanks for the second one. But, I looked up a trailer to 4 Assassins on Youtube .. and I really don't think that is the one I'm describing for the first one that I didn't know. So, does anyone know the name of the movie I'm describing?

i also am looking for the first movie. but i thought it was only 3 men. the first was strong he broke bolders and at the end of the movie collapsed a archway killling some of the army they were fighting. the second was, like you said, unable to be cut but he had one weak spot it was his belly about where his belt buckle would be. he died by being shot with arrows in his weak spot which made him weak and then more arrows got him. the third was my fav because his training was to have iron staped to his legs and was made to jump out of holes. then has was put in holes filled with water. so if anyone knows this move please let me know.

thanks

ironfistedmonk

Marco Polo has the 4 guys training, one breaks rocks, one grinds stuff, one bends bamboo and the other learns light skills jumping in and out of the holes full of waste.

Thanks for the description. That is definitely it. The 4th guy jumped in and out of the holes! Great. But, is Marco Polo available on US DVD's? I believe we're Region 1?

Archived