Six Directions of Boxing (1977)

piomode

I haven't been to the ezboard in awhile, glad to see it has been moved and not gone away. Also glad to see I'm not the only one requesting film identifications :D

-----

The movie is probably from around 1977-82. The main character, from what I recall, is a tough or angry looking fellow, maybe someone like Beardy or John Liu. He is wearing traditional chinese (peasant?) clothing. After 3/4 way thru the film, his character is met on the road by 2 unsavory types who want to kill him. The main guy kills these two using mostly hand work, few kicks if any, using his hand to strike like a snake (no closed fists). You even get to hear the silly snake noises as he positions for a strike. I believe he kills the first guy by jumping on his shoulders and double-striking his temples.

There may be a Japanese invasion theme, but I cannot recall correctly. I saw the last part of this film about 15 yrs ago on the kung fu theater, and my memory of exact details is dubious.

Does any of this sound familiar? Thanks for any help!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one film that comes to my mind is 'six directions of boxing', starring David Chiang. There's a fight scene where Lung Tien Hsiang is ambushed by 2 police officers (kung fu style) and he ends up using the snake style to kill the 2.

Here is a fight scene from another movie with the actor im talking about.

suMzj5vj7eQ

Thanks for the replies.

I believe the Monk Sante has picked the right film, even from my lame description, amazing!. Following is a clip from 6 directions of boxing. This is almost certainly the right guy, setting, etc

LXe6cJS0MOQ

Thanks Monk!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

The real title of this David Chiang outing is:

Or I should say the martial arts style depicted in this film.

Liu He Ba Fa.

51GKFB5PDZL.jpg

Liu He Ba Fa is an internal Chinese martial art. It is the last of the internal arts to be know in the west.

First there was Tai Chi Chuan then Hsing Yi Chuan and then Ba Qua Chaun.

The complete name of Liu He Ba Fa is Xin Yi Liu He Ba Fa San Pan Shi Er Shi, that is, Mind Intention Six Harmonies Eight Methods Three Stances Twelve Postures.

The most important aspect of this system is one's mind and intention. In other words, one's intention should be sharply focused on each movement, and the movements are led by one's mind and intention. Intention, rather than physical force, is used. As a result, at the connecting points of different postures, although physical strength appears to be momentarily disconnected, one's intention connects the postures and make them a seamless whole.

So I suppose that David Chiang's character used said martial art in his movie.

GD Y-Y

Archived