George Lucas Bringing 3D Star Wars: The Clone Wars to Theaters

daisho2004

If you didn't get to watch the Animated series that was on Cartoon Network you really don't know what you missed. It was a Great series that filled in the Gaps on the Star Wars series. Now George Lucas is doing it again but now its in 3D. I for one can't wait to see this series. Here is the link below with some cool pic's and the entire Article.

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

And the trailer:http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats gonna be awesome! I love the Clone Wars. My favorite episode is the one where Anakin fights that Sith chick.

Righteous Master

I do not get the Cartoon Network with my DTV package, so I have not watched any of the CW series. I might go and see this in the theatres though. Is this going to be a widescale release or just in select theatres?

I believe it is going to be a Widescale Release, but you really should check out the CN series it was really good.

To answer your question yes George Lucas is involved in the new Indiana Jones movie. As far as other movies and stuff I don't think so, but he does have a lot of say with all Star Wars Clone War Cartoons. In my opinion there is still so much to be done with the Star War movies so many paths to go.

Can't wait! I do feel it'll kill the feeling of exclusiveness of the 6 films. Because now we have this "canon" 3D flick. But I'm still pretty hyped. I really didn't enjoy the animation in the Clone Wars animated series at all. But in 3D it'll definitely feel more dynamic.

BY THE WAY, if you guys didn't know Spike TV'll be showing all 6 films of the trilogy over this weekend 24 hours, non-stop! They paid 80 mil for them. I was suprised they even got the rights. I could've sworn that TBS or TNT could beat that.

Hey Sifu I agree since its a 3D movie it will definitely enhance the movie more. And I enjoyed the Clone Wars Cartoon series it was better than some of the movies more violent, and better storyline.

Sifu, true it is just a cartoon but to me it explained a lot more of Anakins transformation into the Dark Side than the movies did, and the Action was a lot better than some of the movies.

the Action was a lot better than some of the movies.

But you can't compare the two. You can put stuff in animation that you can't put on film without spending a billion dollars on the budget! But I see your point.

Has everyone seen the extended trailer to this new movie it looks totally awesome. Can't wait to see it on the Big Screen.

I wonder sometimes, does George Lucas have OCD? Everything he does is Star Wars, and keeps it that way. I wonder even if he'll ever do an original movie ever again. He's old, he needs to get the ball rolling again, he's starting to look like a one trick pony.

Sifu that is a good question but that Man has more money off every Star Wars product that comes out, so he probably figures why bother.

OK I just got back from seeing this movie with my 5yr. old Son and we both loved it. I like how they story jumped right into the action it starts out right after the 2nd. movie and doesn't disappoint this movie focuses on Jabba the Hut and that his Baby Hut was Kidnapped. Its important to rescue his Son in order to go through parts of the Galaxy that he controls. I'll be looking forward to this series on TV in the next few months. I thought this CGI movie was better than some of the real ones.

Common Sense Review: This was Written & Posted on the Road Runner Main Page:

In STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS -- which is set between the films Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith -- Jedi knights Anakin Skywalker (voiced by Matt Lanter ) and Obi-Wan Kenobi (James Arnold Taylor) are once again plunged into the thick of things, helping Republic troops seize a planet back from the robot army led by separatist Count Dooku ( Christopher Lee ). In the middle of the fray, viewers learn that Anakin's been assigned a new student by Master Yoda ( Tom Kane ) -- plucky young Jedi Ahsoka Tano (Ashley Eckstein), whose skills are matched only by her impetuousness. When word comes that intergalactic gangster Jabba the Hutt's son has been kidnapped, Anakin and Ahsoka are dispatched to rescue the infant, partially in hopes that a placated Jabba will give free passage to Republic ships as they try to stop the separatists. But the separatists have their own agenda, and Dooku's assassin Asajj Ventress (Nika Futterman) is on the hunt for Anakin and his new student. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is aimed at kids, but the film's biggest flaw -- the constant repetition of lines, themes, concepts, and information in the script -- suggests that the people who made it don't have a terribly high opinion of their target audience. The movie's computer animation also sometimes looks shabby and shoddy compared to other computer-animated films -- hair is stiff and unyielding, and skin textures look mottled and flat. The character of Ahsoka feels fairly generic -- she's plucky and spirited, sassy and yet eager to learn from her elders -- and is clearly being set up as a new lead character for future animated tales set in the Star Wars universe. The film unfortunately has more in common with the heavy, clumsy paces of the "new" Star Wars trilogy than the more graceful, spirited ones of the three original films from the '70s and '80s. There are plots and conspiracies and stratagems, usually over-explained by characters appearing in a holographic communication with our heroes and villains; watching The Clone Wars feels like listening in to several tedious phone conversations, interrupted by fight scenes. Yes, the action is non-stop, but as The Clone Wars takes place between two movies viewers already know the outcome of, it's hard to shake the fact that the entire film feels like money-making filler, an attempt to wring more story -- and money -- out of a long-established franchise. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, the Star Wars films were actually both fun and well-written: Star Wars: A New Hope , Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back , and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

Archived