How about some 80's action flicks?

The Amazing Psycho Per

The Amazing Psycho Per

Hi guys! Lately I've been in the mood for some 80's moderns fighting flicks. You know the ones, whith fast and hard hitting kickboxing, in the time where being a stuntmen was, well, let's just say a really hard job. The ones I have seen so far are the folowing:

Eastern condors

Millionaire's express

Project A

Dragons forever

Twinkle, twinkle lucky stars

Wheels on meals

Police story series

Armour of god series

Miracles

In the line of duty 4

Righting wrongs

Tiger Cage 2

What would you guys suggest to get my fix of 80's (or 90's)modern movies?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burning Ambition

License to Steal

I was in the mood for some "Girls with gun" & Female action - so I have put the following on the side to re-watch this week:

Beauty Investigator

A Book of Heroes

Avenging Quartet

Final Run

Angel Mission

Midnight Angels

Iron Angels

Angel on Fire 3

In The Line of Duty 1-5

Fatal Target

The Godfather's Daughter Mafia Blues

Hard to Kill

Dreaming the Reality

Kickboxer's Tears

A Punch to Revenge

Deadend of Besiegers

Magic Warriors

Twelve Animals

Kung Fu Wonderchild

Magic of Spell

TibetanWhiteCrane

ROYAL WARRIORS with Michelle Yeoh, awesome action.... and just ignore Michael Wong!

TIGER CAGE..... always watchable!

RED WOLF.... decent mid 90's Yuen Woo Ping actioner!

OUTLAW BROTHERS.... good fights, bad clothes!

The Amazing Psycho Per

Thanks guys!

Yes Madam! Was already on his way with Iceman cometh...

As for Royal warriors and Tiger cage, I've seen them already and they left me rather unimpress... Royal warriors = very little fights, Tiger cage = even less.

I must admit A book of heroes (seen part of the last fight, looks fantastic), She shoots straight, Angel terminators 1 and 2 ( Hard to find though, espacially part 2), Iron angels and Outlaw brothers had already picked my curiosity... I'll probably try to check these out. Anything else?

gravedigger666
Iron angels

I don`t know how highly sequel is rated among fans of genre but it is better,loads of quality action.Naked Killer is another worthy purchase.

8gZlAux75TU

You should also try " License to Steal" - almost the same cast as "She Shoot Straight" - Joyce Godenzi & Agnes Aurelio, with Billy Chow, Yuen Biao, Ngai Sing & Chui Jing-Yat joining the cast. Sammo Hung is the producer for both movies & had a cameo in both.

As for Royal warriors and Tiger cage, I've seen them already and they left me rather unimpress... Royal warriors = very little fights, Tiger cage = even less.

The first tiger cage is actually the weakest one in terms of action, the others are a lot more fun

The other entries in the In the Line of Duty series (other than 4 I mean) I think are pretty decent as well, I haven't seen them in a while

What about Righting Wrongs aka Above the Law? This was the first HK movie proper I bought, and it certainly does not disappoint. Some of Yuen Baio and Cynthia Rothrock's best fight scenes. Rothrock v Karen Shepard and Baio v Melvin Wong especially. The direction and editing are top notch, the stories ok too. And watch out for the final stunt!

Few of my favs:

Tiger Cage 2 (#1 is OK, #3 is terrible)

Angry Ranger

Death Games

Heart Of Killer

Legend Of The Wolf

Pantyhose Heroes

Skinny Tiger, Fatty Dragon

Paper Marriage

Carry On Pickpocket

Anything from the 80's with Sammo's name in it is gold in the action department.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Lol, love the way you highlited in the action department...

Carry on pickpocket, Paper marriage and Pantyhose heroes have been drawing my attention lately... How's the action in terms of quantity? Comparable to the lucky stars series, more, more and better, less?

Been a while since I watched them..... "Pantyhose Hero" is not for the easily offended. But has the most action if I remember right, and of high (brutal) quality. "Carry On Pickpocket" is the best "movie" of the three, with slightly less action but also hight quality. "Paper Marriage" is the weakest all around, but still worth a look. All three have the signature Sammo final 20-30min of furious quality action that make them worthwhile. I likes these better than the "Lucky Star" series. Then again Im not the biggest "Lucky Stars" fan.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Thanks!

Then again Im not the biggest "Lucky Stars" fan.

Can't blame you... The comedy part in those movies is pretty obnoxious. How many joke of 5 retarted men trying to grope women can one take???

Archived