Is there any word on whether Golden Harvest has any plans to remaster ...

The Dragon

... More titles like the job done on Hapkido? On DVD?

I'm aware of the VCD's that are making rounds, however, I was wondering about the classics, like...

Lady Whirlwind

The Opium Trail, aka Deadly China Doll

The One Armed Boxer

The Skyhawk

There are more, but I'd love to start with something like these...:D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are handled by Fortune Star i think, goodness knows when we will see a remastered dvd, even a non remastered would be nice, i know some have been released in Japan but no English subs.( One Armed Boxer has an English dub but is expensive and its still the old cut version)

Mark, any idea of when that film will be released? It's one of the titles I'm really waiting on. I know the Japanese remaster is out there, but it's like almost $50.:(

There is an amazing dvd of one-armed boxer out there. I bet the redsun boot is good, too. Seek it out. There's no joy in Joy Sales. Booo!!!

nah, the Redsun bootleg is crap now, as it's the very old 4:3 non-remastered Megastar DVD stolen 1:1 (including 5.1 Crap Audio - though not as horrible-sounding as the new Japanese DVD).

I have a DVD that is widescreen, has chinese & english dub. The picture is great, too, better than anything put out by rarescope or fusian films. The subs are great, too, better than what you usually see in that "Legendary Collection" that is anything but. I assumed it was a Redsun DVD because it's a cool movie, as opposed to the stuff that Joy Sales usually puts out. It could have been media asia DVD. I can't remember.

i have both Japanese DVDs, that's why i know what he has stolen. thank Megastar for the subs, not the Thief ;). and the Picture Quality is not "great" by today's standard (how can it, being a 4:3 Letterboxed PAL-NTSC Interlaced Transfer?). It was okay when released in 2001, but now the new Japanese Remastered DVD is the new Standard.

The recent JPN dvd has no subs. This picture would certainly be better thatn the other release, but the old dvd got the job done. Its better than any VCD I have by a mile. I would love to pick up the new JPN dvd, only to add subs to it & throw it on a torrent for free.

Someone needs to step it up on these GH releases. That old man Chow was no better than Shaw withholding what the viewers want.

These are must haves.:(

Guest Markgway
Mark, any idea of when that film will be released? It's one of the titles I'm really waiting on. I know the Japanese remaster is out there, but it's like almost $50.:(

Your guess is as good as mine.

I don't know what Joy Sales are playing at.

Archived