Heroes Two (1974)

Guest june

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well then that makes me feel a little better:p

Yeah, I felt pretty good about it, too. Especially when I was spelling out Heroes Two and explaining that it wasn't a sequel to Jet Li's Hero.

Also, i'm thinking this may turn into an online, in-store order thing when it's released.

Yeah, I felt pretty good about it, too. Especially when I was spelling out Heroes Two and explaining that it wasn't a sequel to Jet Li's Hero.

Also, i'm thinking this may turn into an online, in-store order thing when it's released.

Don't you just love those clueless sales associates:D

Judging by the date deep discount dvd is going by. It's probably going to be the 15 since media blasters just shipped the dvds out this week.

Morgoth Bauglir

That's a good one. What a dumbass.

i wonder what the protocol is for situations like this. What i mean is, lets say bestbuy receives the shipment say tomorrow. Will they put it on the shelves tomorrow or wait next tuesday? Anybody have any inside scoop on that?

I know they're not supposed to put movies on shelves before the actual release date set by the studio. I had some movies taken away from me before because they were mistakenly put on the shelf. These were not majors either. The Anchor Bay releases of HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD and RATS. I had asked about another AB title that was supposed to have come out. The employee looked it up on the computer and found that it wasn't to be released for a few more days and that they would be fined something like $30,000 for selling the discs before there official release. Management confirmed this for me, too. This has happened on a number of times. I also managed to get away with it a number of times as well.

oldeschool17
I know they're not supposed to put movies on shelves before the actual release date set by the studio. I had some movies taken away from me before because they were mistakenly put on the shelf. These were not majors either. The Anchor Bay releases of HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD and RATS. I had asked about another AB title that was supposed to have come out. The employee looked it up on the computer and found that it wasn't to be released for a few more days and that they would be fined something like $30,000 for selling the discs before there official release. Management confirmed this for me, too. This has happened on a number of times. I also managed to get away with it a number of times as well.

Interesting, so we could possibly have this on the shelves before the weekend is up, cause technically, the release date was suppose to be this tuesday. I wonder where their distribution center is.

Interesting, so we could possibly have this on the shelves before the weekend is up, cause technically, the release date was suppose to be this tuesday. I wonder where their distribution center is.

Well, as far as smaller releases, they don't always get them out on time and often not on shelves until two weeks or more after they have come out.

Not sure how they judge when to order shipments of discs. The Image discs for instance didn't come out in BB when they were released, at least not at the store nearest me.

oldeschool17
Not sure how they judge when to order shipments of discs. The Image discs for instance didn't come out in BB when they were released, at least not at the store nearest me.

I cant vouch on date of release(never gone on the day of) but i would say between 3-5 days after that its shown up at the best buys that i go to.

I cant vouch on date of release(never gone on the day of) but i would say between 3-5 days after that its shown up at the best buys that i go to.

That's about right. Around 2 weeks I've seen in some cases for ones I was looking out for. Some I've seen on the day of.

That's a good one. What a dumbass.

All together now,.." We Are The World... We Are The Children...!"

LMAOROTF!!:D

well it hasn,t arrived in ONTARIO yet. i asked about it on tuesday and was told it hadn,t arrived with the rest of the movies and to check back on thursday(today). i checked numourous outlets today and still no word. just have to wait. maybe next week.

when i asked about it at the local bestbuy they thought it was the second season of some tv show called heroes. i actually had to convince them it was TWO not II .

OUCH! Where's the love??

I'm sure all those clueless dumbasses are feeling oh-so-inferior realizing they don't know an obscure Chinese movie from three decades ago....

Geez, you boys sound like a pack of ruthless Manchus beating up the poor little village idiot.

Just remember, in our movies, that idiot learns kung fu and kicks ... everyone's ... ass! :eek:

Morgoth Bauglir

If I don't have that DVD in my hands by next Tuesday I'm gonna put my elbow through someone's chest.

lol

you got a point teako

Haha...

Seriously though, Linn waited YEARS to finally get a commentary on disc.

I'm sure we'all can wait a few extra days / week or so. Tis not the end of the world....

If I don't have that DVD in my hands by next Tuesday I'm gonna put my elbow through someone's chest.

Hey! I'll BBFC you! Put it to good use - through your local US store or website warehouse, nick 16 or so copies and I'll kowtow :).

I was kinda hoping CD-WOW might have it (even requested), but nothing and what's more, their 'dispatch' process was quite ropey a little while ago. I reckon I'll head to PlayUSA for mine unless someone here gets sick of it ;).

Haha...

Seriously though, Linn waited YEARS to finally get a commentary on disc.

I'm sure we'all can wait a few extra days / week or so. Tis not the end of the world....

Introduction of actual styles (in this case, the animals), the history of Hung (Hei Goon) Fist, Fong Sai Yuk, the Chings, etc: A rather perfect movie to commentate to, even if it's a tad sloppy in combat. Still love it (was my 2nd Shaw back in 2004) and I look forward to the improved quality as well!

'The Master' is a fictitious film and a little later on for Shaws (if you know what I mean), but I'm sure it would have worthy info in it :). Very slim chance of a commentary by Linn?

Morgoth Bauglir

I just called Suncoast and they said they got it in. In a couple of hours from now, I'm either gonna be really happy or really pissed off.

I was at F.Y.E and was told it was there, but still in the box from the shipment rec'd last night!! I almost asked them to go in the back and open the box please so I can get it...but was told to call later and verify when it was unloaded. They only had 2 in stock...kind of ironic for Heroe's Two actually!!

Archived