Heroes Two (1974)

Guest june

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gravedigger666

Does this include full approx.9 mins sequence where Chen Kuan Tai,Fu ShengΧ Kuan Chun display Hung fist with english commentary?

Does this include full approx.9 mins sequence where Chen Kuan Tai,Fu ShengΧ Kuan Chun display Hung fist with english commentary?

It better have this! I have this on my Dutch Warner Brothers VHS original of "Heroes Two." Good stuff.

gravedigger666
It better have this! I have this on my Dutch Warner Brothers VHS original of "Heroes Two." Good stuff.

Is your original rental tape?Warner did not release all their stuff on sell-thru tapes and it was not easy to get hold of those for rent-only items+costed quite lot.

Back then in dutch money 125NLG from "heroic ones" was out of my reach.

I have four riders and men from the monastery.Nice big cases:)

"Crane!!!!! Tiger Claw!!!!!" as yelled out by the protagonists during the finale.

When is 'The Master' coming? I'm sure 'Heroes Two' won't be the only movie that Chen Kwan Tai contributes to, over at MB's ;).

Speaking of Warner's stuff, Betamaxs are floating around Ebay (seen 'King Boxer' before), whilst my Mum picked up 'Shaolin Challenges Ninja' months ago for me. I believe this was my first Shaw English film (got the IVL DVD) and I forgot that the nunchaku scene would have been taken out by the BBFC :(...

Last I talked to the home office a few days ago, the following is on there:

New Hi Def remaster of the film, 16:9 enhanced (I've seen it, and it blows away the HK disc)

New retranslated subtitles (includes onscreen text as well, even during dub)

Original Mono soundtracks (Original English dub and original Mandarin)

5.1 English dub remaster

Original English international trailer

Original HK trailer

Original HK and English lobby cards/posters (maybe more coming)

Original Three Styles of the Hung Fist with English dub (includes option to watch it at the start of the film as it was in theaters)

New Three Styles of the Hung Fist with new English dub and Cantonese sound track

New interview with Chen Kuan Tai on his background and the film itself

And there's a few more things that may be on there as well, including my commentary, but it has to all be okayed by Celestial. The Master comes out a couple of months later.

New Hi Def remaster of the film, 16:9 enhanced (I've seen it, and it blows away the HK disc)

5.1 English dub remaster

Original HK trailer

Original Three Styles of the Hung Fist with English dub (includes option to watch it at the start of the film as it was in theaters)

New Three Styles of the Hung Fist with new English dub and Cantonese sound track

This sounds exciting!!!!!

And there's a few more things that may be on there as well, including my commentary, but it has to all be okayed by Celestial. The Master comes out a couple of months later

And this sounds terrifying.

And this sounds terrifying.

To be honest, it's been a FAR easier thing to deal with them than it was when I was helping Image on their discs. I don't know if it was that they didn't like Image or Image just didn't know how to talk to them, but they've been much more open with myself and Media Blasters on these releases. Since I've been much closer to the deal in this case, I've had a little more say so in how things have been handled as well. Half the stuff you see in the extras would have never made it onto the Image discs. It only leads me to believe Image didn't really have a handle on how to deal with Celestial overall.

thats good man. I wasnt even planning on getting this release, but i might now

Do you know if this will hit stores like Best Buy/Circuit City?

I think it's a good bet you'll see it there. FYE too. The idea I had with this release, and all of the ones from Media Blasters, is to make enough improvements on the HK disc that fans feel like they have to buy it. And I guess it's working! :) And as I've said, if you want to see more releases, Shaw Brothers or otherwise, we've got to support these early ones.

I think it's a good bet you'll see it there. FYE too. The idea I had with this release, and all of the ones from Media Blasters, is to make enough improvements on the HK disc that fans feel like they have to buy it. And I guess it's working! :) And as I've said, if you want to see more releases, Shaw Brothers or otherwise, we've got to support these early ones.

I hope they have their Canadian/Quebec distribution set up. There are legal entanglements that have kept many releases off our shelves for long periods of time. Image releases were delayed for months, but now they're coming over okay. There is a godd market for these movies here. In Montreal, there are stores that specialize just in the rentals of Asian films. Our Fantasia film fest is widely known. This is a market that should not be overlooked

Excellent. Id rather buy it from places like that than wait for hkflix

I thought the HK disc looked INCREDIBLE when I first saw the movie (before knowing about all the technical problems), if only I watched this disc first :D.

;)

5.1 English dub remaster

Curiously, why isn't there one for Mandarin?

;)

Gotta love that verrryy borrrring monnnnnnologue narration that comes with it.

Celestial did Mandarin/English versions. Unless there's a new Cantonese one?

including my commentary, but it has to all be okayed by Celestial.

There'll be consequences if it isn't:cool:.

I know I can be a bit bitchy at times, but are the film-based extras all 24p? It's just that if it's not (60i NTSC instead), it'll play havoc on many displays.

Righteous Master

This all sound way too good to be true. I had already planned on buying this film, but now I am very excited about this release. Thanks for all the info Linn.

5.1 English dub remaster

Original HK trailer

And there's a few more things that may be on there as well, including my commentary, but it has to all be okayed by Celestial. The Master comes out a couple of months later.

DROOLING.............

The Amazing Psycho Per
In Montreal, there are stores that specialize just in the rentals of Asian films

Hey HAZ, your from Montreal too!:cool: Appart from Marché clandestin, what other stores are you refering too?

Hey HAZ, your from Montreal too!:cool: Appart from Marché clandestin, what other stores are you refering too?

Well, I keep my spots clost to the vest, but I'll let you know of a few ;) The Movieland on St. Catherine has a couple hundred Asian DVD releases. Sukubus in Verdun was amazing. Their new location was a little out of the way & I think they're going to move again. Then there's 2 movie rental spots in Chinatown that have films & TVB dramas. There are also a couple on the south shore & a couple in Ville St laurent. Marche Clandestin is good, but their HK film selection is thin compared to movieland & sukubus.

Morgoth Bauglir

Dammit. I had no plans of rebuying Heroes Two, but it looks like I'm gonna have to fork over the money if it has a commentary and all those extras.

Dammit. I had no plans of rebuying Heroes Two, but it looks like I'm gonna have to fork over the money if it has a commentary and all those extras.

That's right, Morgoth.:D The money you were saving for Legend of The Drunken Master Ultimate, Criterion Edition,:rolleyes: will now have to go to Heroes Two. :P

I thought the HK disc looked INCREDIBLE when I first saw the movie (before knowing about all the technical problems), if only I watched this disc first :D.

I know exactly what you mean. What's funny is, I hadn't seen the film in quite a while prior to get a copy of the video portion of this new release to do the commentary by. So over a night or two I watched it two times to get a feel for the film. Then I didn't watch it for a week or so, the next time I did was to compare the HK disc and the HD transfer, and I was really shocked. The HK disc looked like a bootleg! I never noticed a whole lot of the PAL to NTSC problems, etc without watching on a computer, which is completely different from an actual TV experience. It was like there was a deep haze over the HK disc. BTW, the Three Styles is Mandarin, just in a rush when I typed that today. As for why there's not a 5.1 Mandarin track, it's largely because they knew the original 5.1 tracks were so screwed up on the HK discs.

There'll be consequences if it isn't

LOL, I'll remember that when everyone is picking it apart in a few weeks! :) The story of the commentary is pretty nutty. As anyone who knows me is aware, I don't do commentaries mainly because I've always had problems pop up that were such a hassle, I've joked quite a few times I'm cursed. Well, the curse was in FULL effect for this one. I had more than a few people, including my wife, ask why I didn't just give up on doing it. It was EASILY one of the most irritating experiences I've had in a long time.

Archived