Heroes Two (1974)

Guest june

Wow, I can't wait until April. I just preordered my copy from deepdiscountdvd. April needs to hurry up and come. I'm already starting to show signs of going crazzzzzzzzy. :D

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update everyone!

English 5.1 is a bit odd. As much as they're detested, Why not for the Mandarin too?

The IVL artwork is actually the closest to the original poster and ironically, it's "horrible":p. I actually like both covers (the original poster carries the fierceness of the two leading warriors in the Anti-Qing movement, whilst Media Blaster's shows the Kung Fu element of it).

Cover art looks pretty cool! The theme itself is excellent (the 'Burning Shaolin Temple' SB logo). However (a post by Chen Lung wouldn't be complete without this), Fu Sheng is rather 'in the background' - both he and Chen carry the film equally (bit difficult to distinguish Chen's hand with Fu Sheng's clothes - they're in the way somehow:confused:). Agreed about the 'Walt Disney's Enhanced Edition' tag:cool:. The capture of Chen isn't my favourite, even though the pose is fine.

Anyway, nit-picking over - will definitely be getting it anyway :D! Well done Linn (and Mike+) on the other contents! But... must it be April :(?! If it allows more time for better or more content, then by all means. I'm sure what you've currently got can't be matched anyway.

Killer Meteor

Regarding original poster artwork, I'm in two minds about that. Some are indeed lovely - Dragon Swamp is on my wall in a frame - but some are every bit as dreadful as the worst of Photoshop - Two Champions Of Shaolin is a grusome collage of cut out stills

The French artwork for the DVDs is pretty damn good

It's no wonder these films never get the proper treatment... You guys pussyfoot, and nitpick over everything, Damn!... The poster art isn't to your liking, more/less special features/interviews, original trailers/no original trailers; the audio in 5.1 isn't your thing, give us mono, Cantonese/Mandarin, either/both you do/don't want! Listening to all this makes the companies feel like it's really not that important.

:confused:

It's no wonder these films never get the proper treatment... You guys pussyfoot, and nitpick over everything, Damn!... The poster art isn't to your liking, more/less special features/interviews, original trailers/no original trailers; the audio in 5.1 isn't your thing, give us mono, Cantonese/Mandarin, either/both you do/don't want! Listening to all this makes the companies feel like it's really not that important.

:confused:

I rarely watch special features except sometimes trailers and some chang cheh documentary.rarely interviews.movie in uncut widescreen version makes me happy.essence of release.However I too am going to upgrade my ivl into this because of extra hung kuen footage and english dub.

The Running Man

The countdown to this release begins.

Can't wait. :D

As for the cover, I think it's okay but it seems a bit too much in the vain of how Brian White does his covers.

I'd prefer something a bit different in style.

Having already seen the video portion of this release, it blows away the HK disc. It's at least two times as clear as that release. It's like taking a gauze off the screen you didn't know it had.

Having already seen the video portion of this release, it blows away the HK disc. It's at least two times as clear as that release. It's like taking a gauze off the screen you didn't know it had.

'In kung fu film type dialogue':

"Hmmm... are you saying that it's better than IVL, then?... So, you think we should purchase it, then?"

:P

I'm not saying "buy this" again after the Image releases. But I've actually worked on these at nearly every level from extras, to cover art, etc. That means I feel I can comment a bit more on what fans will see with these.

Killer Meteor

IVL's was non-anamorphic and PAL-NTSC, so you get ghosting and blurring through the conversion. Not very acceptable for a DVD of a remastered print

hmmm...

the only thing that I would add to the cover is "AUTHORIZED EDITION" as many potential buyers may confuse it with all of those unauthorized (read: bootleg) copies in circulation everywhere and stick with the $10 cheapies over the $15 to $19 pricepoints this will most likely receive.

Why is there so much difference in the picture quality?

What did IVL do wrong?

KM really answered this, the IVL releases were taken from PAL masters and incorrectly transfered to NTSC. This makes a difference of night and day to seeing a correct master, which is what Media Blasters has, and then some, using a High Def remaster.

SlothStyleKungFu

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to artwork, so I just look at new designs and as long as it isnt annoying I never think twice about it. That said, it looks okay.

Cant wait to see the disc.

Great stuff here, linn! I really can't wait to get this movie. I have the deltamac, but for sure will be tossing it away!, or somthin!

Extras sound nice too, and its a plus to have the ENg dub!

This cover arts look nice!! I'm glad to hear that MB did the transfer correctly....nothing better than a great print on Region 1 DVD!!

Heroes Two is one of the best duo-team up films in Kung Fu Film history. Karlos is right when he speaks of that intro for Fu Sheng's Fang Siu Yi. Surprising he and Chen Kuai Tai didn't team up for more efforts with those characters seeing they stamped their names on them for all time. Great Film.

:cool:

I think the closest to a full on "sequel" is probably 5 Shaolin Masters, which also leads straight on from ST's feiry finale.:D

I think one character who died in 'Shaolin Temple' lives on in 'Five Shaolin Masters'?

Funny thing about Shaolin Temple & 5 Shaolin Masters Chen Lung, is the main characters, though played by mostly the same cast, with the exception of Meng Fei in 5SM are not the same people in the two films. However, 5SM does have the feel of being a sequel.

:)

I got a chance to check out the interview they did with Chen Kuan Tai, and I don't want to say much, but I think everyone is really going to enjoy it.

Cheers Linn!

I like the scene at the end when Fang and Hong take on Che Kang simultaneously :P. I've always liked the film, even if the choreography is a bit sloppy.

Yeah, 5SM has felt like a sequel to me as well, even though it's not :).

Archived