Heroes Two (1974)

Guest june

just wanted to mention that MB hired a translator about six months ago to go over the subs for these releases. More or less, they are watching the films with the Celestial subs and fixing mistakes in the translations. And it's my pleasure to help these or any releases.

Great stuff Linn! Just hope they'll be properly positioned (not the previous crap that drags out over 5 subtitle pop-ups when it could be comprehended in 1 or 2) at a nice size.

A second track for the dub would be cool as well.

Last I heard, prior to Christmas, was that we were going to do this: The newly put together intro from Celestial will be re-dubbed using the original soundtrack. The original intro, which Celestial doesn't have available for the DVD, will be on the disc as an extra. There will be an option to watch the film with or without the intro at the start, a first for any release in the world.

If it's an NTSC VHS source, can MB make sure it's properly de-interlaced :)? Otherwise, it'll play havoc on certain displays. As much as I kind of resent it, I hope Celestial provide a properly transfer of the jazzed-up version.

Celestial had the original trailer (as evidenced by IVL DVD), but how it'll be handled also concerns me (improper transfer/unrestored). Will it be subtitled?

Infact, is your copy of the film progressive?

Enough technical crap for the moment :). This wasn't my favourite film (still like it though), but I think it was my 2nd Shaw film.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree chen, not the best shaw film, but still some great moments. I always thought Men from the Monastery was better and I hope MB put it out, or at least DD. Cant wait to see this release!

Thanks LINN!

What else can we expect coming from this co. Linn? This info. sounds very exciting and to know we are still being short-changed is unsettling.

Hopefully we will soon see the light of day when our beloved titles are released with our deepest concerns addressed.:)

yo---just thought i,d mention HEROES TWO is now listed on amazon with release date of april 8/2008. no cover art as yet. gonna be a pricey day with HEROES OF THE EAST and COME DRINK WITH ME also coming out that day. but i love it.

OUCH!! 7 months or so till its released :( I was hoping for something sooner.

yo---just thought i,d mention HEROES TWO is now listed on amazon with release date of april 8/2008. no cover art as yet. gonna be a pricey day with HEROES OF THE EAST and COME DRINK WITH ME also coming out that day. but i love it.

The release date is not in Aug, Gray-San. Heroes two will be release on April 08 2008. I thought the same thing too, but I noticed April next to the 8. :D

DrunkenMantis13

Seems like Media Blasters are giving a good look to the Shaws cover, it's catchy. About Heroes Two itself, it's also looking good.

Nice, but, in all honesty, there's no photoshoped cover that could look better than the OG movie poster. Even when the poster is ugly, it's still cool.

Well, I'm glad you guys like the cover. As for not using the original poster art, it wasn't a choice really, so try not to blame the dvd companies too much for that. I'll be glad when this is all done as it's been a rough ride, but everything should be done soon and all the releases after should be a breeze. I'll be turning in my commentary in a few days and Mike Leeder completed an exclusive interview with Chen Kuan Tai a couple of days ago that I'm really looking forward to seeing. I think it will answer a lot of questions fans have had over the years. And that's in addition to all the other extras we've got set up. Big thanks to Tom, Terry, Brian, and others for their help! Next stop, more Chen Kuan Tai.

Righteous Master

I agree. That cover is sweet. Looks very professional unlike most of the other Media Blasters DVD covers I have seen. I like burning SB logo too. Little detail, but really cool.

bruce the man

looks like a nice copy of Heroes Two. this movie has been one of my favorite shaolin style movies from shaw brothers. with that much extra, i will place order for a copy although i've already had an ivl version of it. i would be great if they also include dubbed english track as well.

it would be great if they also include dubbed english track as well.

here's the breakdown for this disc:

Audio:

1.Engish 5.1

2.English mono

3.Mandarin mono

Subtitles:

1.Slates aka translations for signs and onscreen text while watching the film dubbed.

2.Subtitles-retranslated.

I'll wait and see first before I comment... Been fooled before, no more...:cool:

as it should be, I completely agree. :)

Try to get these on the shelves in Canada, especially Quebec. I'm still waiting for a local shops to get Dragon Dynasty's "Shanghai Express". :(

That sure is some damn cool cover art, my only gripe would be the "enhanced edition" at the bottom. I know that helps to sell dvd sometimes, but IMHO it makes the otherwise awesome cover art look cheap. Just my 2 cents is all :) You can bet I will be upgrading to this once it comes out.

Righteous Master

Can't wait for this one to come out. I hope that we have two companies (DD & MB)providing MA DVD's with great picture, sound and extras. Perhaps this will cause a little bit of competition between DD & MB. That would be good for all of us.

DrunkenMantis13
Try to get these on the shelves in Canada, especially Quebec. I'm still waiting for a local shops to get Dragon Dynasty's "Shanghai Express". :(

Word. Media Blasters titles do have fairly good exposure in here but shaws not much, even the image and DD ones...so hopefully being MB titles they'll show up!

Archived