Heroes Two (1974)

Guest june

suprised its interlaced but is it worse than an IMAGE transfer? How could you tell it was 60i?

Lord no. The Image would have been like the IVL. Look at how shitty and smeared it is. It looks like it had been transferred in someones anus by comparison.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oldeschool17
Lord no. The Image would have been like the IVL. Look at how shitty and smeared it is. It looks like it had been transferred in someones anus by comparison.

Didnt need the visual, but thanks. hah

Is it that much more effort to flag fields? Hey it could have been alot worse. Pal to NTSC to NTSC. lol

Nothing new to add really other than my local Best Buy had 1 count it 1 copy of Heroes Two on the shelf today. I already have it but that's a good sign for further Media Blasters releases!!

Is it that much more effort to flag fields? Hey it could have been alot worse. Pal to NTSC to NTSC. lol

Yes, it could have been worse. It's one of the things Dragon Dynasty managed to get right, but their subtitles are poorer in comparison to MB who re-translated theirs.

I don't know the ins and outs, but it's certainly an oddity why it wasn't flagged properly and it's not really minor when today's equipment consists of progressive screens. Because of the field treatment, it'll be fine in the first 2 frames, but the next 3 or so will ghost and then go back to normal, same process again (something like that).

Morgoth Bauglir

Mine had none. But Flash Point was there, and I got the last copy. It was at the front of the store in the new releases section, which is the first time I have ever seen a Dragon Dynasty release displayed in the new releases section at Best Buy.

Yes, it could have been worse. It's one of the things Dragon Dynasty managed to get right, but their subtitles are poorer in comparison to MB who re-translated theirs.

I don't know the ins and outs, but it's certainly an oddity why it wasn't flagged properly and it's not really minor when today's equipment consists of progressive screens. Because of the field treatment, it'll be fine in the first 2 frames, but the next 3 or so will ghost and then go back to normal, same process again (something like that).

However, a lot of players will correct this on the fly.

Thanks, but it's no use:

1) I was after software so that I don't lose quality outputting through this player to the projector with no access to settings.

2) "The rarer NTSC film discs authored without Progressive Flags (known in the biz as "hard telecined") currently play back in Video mode, with small jaggies. These discs are rare and typically only include older releases from low-budget labels, but it'd be good if Oppo could fix this all the same." means it's not capable.

Donno if it's that cheap either ;).

Will an unpconvert dvd player fix that?

Nope, that's a different issue altogether. Unless it has an 'inverse telecine' option on it :).

vonhumboldtfleisher

Alternatively you could buy a DVD player from a retailer that doesn't support that dipshit Stiller and his crappy bootlegs.

Alternatively you could buy a DVD player from a retailer that doesn't support that dipshit Stiller and his crappy bootlegs.

What like FYE or Suncoast? lol The more I learn the less I have against HKFlix. Lets be honest if consumers didn't buy them, they wouldn't sell. Besides educating consumers, there is not much more I can do. Besides I've always like Hkflixs customer support and database which is second to none.

vonhumboldtfleisher

I'd probably say that if I was nibbling on the crumbs that fell from their table too.

I'd probably say that if I was nibbling on the crumbs that fell from their table too.

LOL. I wish. I generate occasional income (maybe 50 bucks over the last year). Still I appreciate your confidence in my success. :D

My local Best Buy doesn't have it yet, although Flash Point is on the shelves. Waiting... waiting...

I'm still waiting damn it (from Amazon Marketplace). PlayUSA are still out of stock, whilst I don't think CD WOW bothered at all. I wonder what's going on with the latter and their DVD business (a CD got shipped from there NP a few months ago, but everything else I had to cancel as it was taking too long with delays, etc).

I have a habit where I put subtitles on and watch the English dub at the same time. Seems more comfortable (even if it's ridiculous). I'm curious to hear Linn's commentary and as much as it's kinda tempting, I don't want an MP3 of it either ;)!

The Running Man

gfanikf,

do you have contact with Media Blasters? If you do, can you just give them the message to encode their Shaw Brother stuff as progressive for future releases? :)

gfanikf,

do you have contact with Media Blasters? If you do, can you just give them the message to encode their Shaw Brother stuff as progressive for future releases? :)

I haven't mentioned it yet. Still talking about extras and the such, but I'll give it a mention. It may also be something beyond their control.

mantis FIST

sounds like a great release. As always, someone has to find some bs reason to bitch about the disc! BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Rant over!

Cheers!

Kung Foolery

Just picked this up and Intimate Confessions for a grand total of $22.96 including tax at the local Best Buy.

I work there about 6 hours a week for the nice discount. :D

Archived