Media Blaster's SB releases

bobo

i know this may be a dumb question but here goes anyway. is there any word yet when some of the MB shaws will hit the market ? afterall this is 2008 now so i,m starting to get anxious. the deadly breaking sword shaw fix can only last so long you know. thanks for any info.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I've heard lately is that HEROES TWO is 'coming soon'. And to just refresh everyone's memory here's the titles MB has licensed:

* Chinese Super Ninjas aka Five Elements Ninjas

* Heroes Two

* The Master

* Challenge of the Masters

* Martial Club

* The Deadly Duo

* The Brave Archer

* The Ten Tigers of Kwangtung

* Black Magic 2

* Flag of Iron

When is media blasters going to post anything about these, and the Lone Wolf TV series on their site? Sadly they don't seem to keep it updated very well. Needs more user friend format as well, that flash crap is for the birds!

Righteous Master

I hope we see some new MB movies released very soon! We need more than just DD releases to keep us busy. At the rate DD is going, we may see everything on the above MB list released before DD can get another classic kung fu film on the market.

The idea was to have the first one out in March, but I'm thinking April will be more like it. From then on, it's one a month.

The Amazing Psycho Per

IVL is a distributor on the same level as Media Blasters... Celestial pictures owns the movies and are the source.

Guest FiveSwords

Sorry, thanks for the correction. What I was trying to ask...Will they will be using the Celestial remasters or will they be doing their own remastering?

The Amazing Psycho Per

No need to be sorry :D

I'm not sure, maybe Linn can confirm, but I believe since Celestial is doing the remastering job, it should be the same source...

by a long shot, as MB are using High Def masters IVL didn't have access to. Also all of the release will be 16:9 enhanced as well, so expect quality at least as good as Dragon Dynasty and definite upgrades on the IVL releases with no PAL to NTSC provblems.

ok. That is what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. Hopefully they included the original version of 3 styles of the hung fist. Not the new version which was edited a bit different If I recall correctly.

Cheers!

ok. That is what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. Hopefully they included the original version of 3 styles of the hung fist. Not the new version which was edited a bit different If I recall correctly.

Cheers!

See the other MB thread about that.

The Running Man

I'm just wondering, did MB just buy just the titles that were announced or did they get more but this is what they have announced for now?

this is what they have for now. If things go well, they'll get more. And please note, the non-remastered titles can be had, but the company getting them has to do the remastering, so they cost quite a bit more. But I wouldn't doubt that certain titles can be had.

Chinatown Kid

Will we ever get a remastered international version of Chinatown Kid or are we stuck with the version Celestial released and forever have to settle for the Southgate version? :(

Someone stated in another thread that Chinatown Kid has a running time of 114 mins. on another release and on the IVL it's 86 mins. That's a lot of violence cut for this fan's tastes.:cool:

I hope this is not the final cover. They could have included Yuen Tak on the cover, since he's the main star of the film.

dewolfeaddict

I agree, but I also understand.

If I recall correctly, my original HK theatrical poster for The Master shows Chen Kuan Tai quite prominently throughout the artwork, although Yuan Te - from what I remember - barely registers if he was even on there at all.

Gotta remember that this was Yuan Te's first starring role at Shaws and the studio brass obviously didn't have enough confidence in him to try and sell this flick on his own merits which, besides being Jackie's classmate was not much.

I mean, what else had he done up until that point?

Despite his overall lack of facetime in the actual film, splashing Chen Kuan Tai's mug on the poster back then and on the dvd case now makes perfectly rational business sense IMO.

dewolfeaddict

Oh hell yes! I think so.

While there certainly is "wacky comedy" throughout, The Master boasts some of THE best straight ahead shapes/kung fu action you'll ever see in a Shaw film.

Trust me, you'll be hooked in immediately by the opening credit fight sequence. Just brilliant.

And the finale with Yuan Te squaring off against Wang Lung Wei is in my top 5 classic kung fu fight scenes of all time.

Definitely pick this up.

Archived