Films like Opium and the kung fu master!

will91XingYu

Hi i was just wondering if i could have any recomendations for films like Opium and the kung fu master with Ti Lung and Robert Mak. I really love this one, just wondering if you guys had seen films similar in terms of fights and stuff that you would recomend?

thanks guys!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, yeh iv got that i agree,i like comedy with kung fu but some of it wasnt great. The fights and Yuen Tak are amazing, have to watch it again soon.

Ti Lung is excellently OTT in OPIUM and if you want to see him act his heart out check out THE MASTER STRIKES BACK (1985) from Sun Chung. There's only ONE real fight in the film but Chen Hui Min is a right evil bastard in this and really puts Ti Lung through hell. Remember, not much in the way of fights, but a very dramatic and intense film with an awesome finale and performance by Ti Lung.

Ti Lung is excellently OTT in OPIUM and if you want to see him act his heart out check out THE MASTER STRIKES BACK (1985) from Sun Chung. There's only ONE real fight in the film but Chen Hui Min is a right evil bastard in this and really puts Ti Lung through hell. Remember, not much in the way of fights, but a very dramatic and intense film with an awesome finale and performance by Ti Lung.

Funny that you metioned this. I agree with you on the fantastic final with "The Mater Strikes back". "Opium and the kung fu master" was an awesom flick as well but lack that explosive final that "The Master Strikes back" had.:cool:

Funny that you metioned this. I agree with you on the fantastic final with "The Mater Strikes back". "Opium and the kung fu master" was an awesom flick as well but lack that explosive final that "The Master Strikes back" had.:cool:

And I agree with you about OPIUM's final duel. It's fine but I was expecting it to go on a little bit longer and in light of how good everything else is before it, it's a (very) slightly disappointing final fight.

Hi i was just wondering if i could have any recomendations for films like Opium and the kung fu master with Ti Lung and Robert Mak. I really love this one, just wondering if you guys had seen films similar in terms of fights and stuff that you would recomend?

thanks guys!

Shaolin Intruders and Sholin Prince. Tang Chia directed these as well. Tang Chia was also the fight/stunt coordinator on a lot of Shaw films. His work is excellent.

...Don't forget to try out The Pirate, Delightful Forest, both starring Ti Lung, and Shaolin Handlock, with David Chiang, and Lo Lieh.

:cool:

Archived