How do you store your Shaw DVDs?

KyFi

In line with the "How many Celestial DVDs have you bought?" thread, I was just wondering how you guys store yours. Last year I bought a package of mylar DVD bags, and went through the process of throwing away all the plastic cases. I just remove the cover art, fold it in half, and use that as the sleeve for the disc, and then put it in the mylar bag. I keep all the artwork, but now I can fit about 15 discs in an inch instead of 2! Anybody else do this? It's a huge space-saver.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gravedigger666

Boldly in bookshelf.I want them to be as visible as possible.

My friend uses Dvd-towers but I think they look bit dull.

I have mine stored this way...

sfirstpicture145sf3.jpg

By venoms5, shot with Digimax A503 / Kenox D503 at 2007-09-27

And the same shelf only more full...and there are over 20 additional Shaw DVDs scattered about on other shelves of this entertainment center...save for three discs, all of these are Shaw discs.

briansfirstpicturedj6.jpg

By venoms5, shot with Digimax A503 / Kenox D503 at 2008-02-22

Here's my Shaw Brothers Tower of Death from the ground up...

briansfirstpicture137wj8.jpg

briansfirstpicture136hv3.jpg

... I store my Shaws library separate from all the rest of my DVD's, which is quite a number. Forgive the clarity on my photos but here's a taste of my set-up...

ShawStash1.jpg

ShawStash3.jpg

ShawStash4.jpg

I'm in search of a couple more of these nice cabinets which I picked up at my local target. One holds nearly 200 DVD's. ;) They are nice looking pieces of furniture.

:D

Righteous Master

That is a SWEET setup Dragon and venoms5! Those movies look great on those shelves! OK, now I have to go out and buy a sweet display unit for my DVD's. I currently have mine stacked up rather unimpressivly on top of my entertainment center.

Hello KyFi

Be careful of those mylar DVD bags. Does the disc playing surface come into contact with foam-like material which is supposed to protect it but in reality can harm it? My friends and I have many discs rendered unplayable by such storage folders/bags. It breaks my heart to fold the cover art of the DVD into two making a permanent cease in the spine not to mention throwing away the plastic cases.

Venom5 is that the pole from "The Kung-Fu Instructor"?

Sorry couldn't resist. LOL.

HA! It's not a pole. It's a spear...took it off one of them Yang brothers!:D

I keep all my Shaw DVD joints in alphabetical order on a Gucci bookcase with a three sectional staff on top and naked pictures of Hui Ying Hung and Cecilia Cheung on the wall next to it.

... OK, now I have to go out and buy a sweet display unit for my DVD's. I currently have mine stacked up rather unimpressivly on top of my entertainment center.

:P

BTW, nice new avatar Dragon. I like that one better than your last one.

:D!! Thanks RM, i've been working sooo hard at trying to learn to upload and still cannot get my animated avatars to work like some others here. It's a process.:) I've got some really nice Bruce sources where I select from...

:cool:

I got mine on a dvd shelf... holds about 170 dvds:

59447643zc1.jpg

I'm planning on buying another one of these... holds about 270 dvds:

38133673ov4.jpg

Hello KyFi

Be careful of those mylar DVD bags. Does the disc playing surface come into contact with foam-like material which is supposed to protect it but in reality can harm it? My friends and I have many discs rendered unplayable by such storage folders/bags. It breaks my heart to fold the cover art of the DVD into two making a permanent cease in the spine not to mention throwing away the plastic cases.

Hi Winfred,

Actually, I guess I shouldn't have said Mylar, as this is what I'm actually using:

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=246

So the discs aren't actually coming into contact with anything other than the cover. The plastic cases were disposed of in a recycling bin, and as far as putting a crease in the spine, since I'm not using the spine for display anyways, it didn't bother me too much, as all the cover artwork is intact. It was really just a total storage space issue for me.

Archived