Rarescope

Guest WHITETIGERNY

What's the low down on Duel Of Karate? Anyone know if this is any good at all? It looks as if it's a basher, made by the same people who put out Cub Tiger From Kwangtung.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

I haven't heard anybodies opinions on Duel either. I've read a few things (one thing from you Dragon) about King of Fists and Dollars and Chinese godfather, but nothing on Duel of Karate.

Duel of Karate is one of the worst KF movies I've ever seen. Every aspect of this film is really bad. Fights are a joke, acting isnt that good and the wirework/trampoline stunts are laughable.

Duel of Karate is one of the worst KF movies I've ever seen. Every aspect of this film is really bad. Fights are a joke, acting isnt that good and the wirework/trampoline stunts are laughable.

:o

The Elimination Pursuit DVD arrived from London today factory sealed BUT without a slipcase. I bet the Region 1 DVD has one.

It does.

How about a sticky that compares the differences between R1 and R2 Rarescope's? :)

These are my Rarescope's:

R2 PAL

Showdown ath the Cotton Mill (RS0101)

Language: Mandarin with Chinese & English subtitles (Burnt in)

Extras:

Stills Gallery

Chi Kuan-Chun interview

Chi Kuan-Chun "Five Animal Style" demo

Ching Kuo-Chung interview

Tan Tao-Liang exhibition

Rarescope promo

Slipcase: No

Face Behind the Mask (RS0118)

Extras:

Stills & poster gallery

Original movie trailer

Photo tribute to Lo Lieh

Rarescope promo

Choi Lee Fut Kung Fu (RS0134)

Language: Mandarin with Chinese & English subtitles (Burnt in); English dub

Extras:

Stills gallery

Cliff Lok interview and demo

Rarescope promo

The Lost Swordship (RS0108)

Extras:

Stills gallery

Robert Tai's views on swordplay

Rarescope promo

Drunken Master Slippery Snake (RS0171)

Language: Mandarin with Chinese & English subtitles (Selectable); English dub

Extras:

Cliff Lok interview

Deleted scene

Stills & poster gallery

Lee Hoi-san Wing Chun demo

R1 NTSC:

Duel at the Supreme Gate (46775-9)

Extras:

Rarescope promo

Original trailer

A Sword Named Revenge/The Dream Sword (47986-9)

Extras:

Bonus fight scenes

Rarescope promo

Ninjas and Dragons (46776-9)

Extras:

Original movie trailer

Yukio Someno interview

Rarescope promo

Slipcase: Yes

Drunken Dragon (46780-9)

Language: Cantonese with English subtitles (Burnt in); English Dub (Separate print)

Extras:

William Yen demo

Philip Ko interview

Rarescope promo

The Elimination Pursuit (46778-9)

Extras:

Three bonus fights

Rarescope promo

Love and Sword (46782-9)

Extras:

Wu Tang Mountain documentary on the sacred mountain

Rarescope promo

Along Comes the Tiger (46777-9)

Language: Mandarin with Chinese & English subtitles (Burnt in); English dub; Remixes

Extras:

Audio commentary by Wang Tao and Toby Russell

Robert Tai interview

Original movie trailer

Stills gallery

The Cub Tiger from Kwang Tung (47549-9)

Extras:

An audience with Jackie Chan

Stills gallery

Rarescope promo

Trailers

The Elimination Pursuit DVD arrived from London today factory sealed BUT without a slipcase. I bet the Region 1 DVD has one.

I think it depends on what pressing or what store you're buying from. I've seen many a rarescope for sale without slip case & sealed, but other vendors have the same disc with a slip case. Then there's the white DVD boxes & the black ones.

I think it depends on what pressing or what store you're buying from. I've seen many a rarescope for sale without slip case & sealed, but other vendors have the same disc with a slip case. Then there's the white DVD boxes & the black ones.

I thought the white/black boxes was a regional thing. Maybe it isn't so.

My copy was bought from Amazon.com.uk which gave me a 50% discount off the list price. It is the only Rarescope on sale so I guess this title is not selling.

The first 4/5 releases I bought came with slipcases, after that, nothing. My first black case was "Drunken Dragon". I don't think that came with a slipcase. And I've seen Love & Sword with a slipcase.

I don't think there's a connection between box color and slipcases. I have releases with slipcases and both black and white boxes. (we are referring to the actual case her and not the slip right? :))

Previewed a few scenes of The Elimination Pursuit DVD.

The appalling picture quality is a SHOCK to the system after the remastered Celestials but it is good to be able to view this rare movie. I have pre-ordered Amazons vs Supermen. We must support Rarescope.

Killer Meteor

I actually had less of a problem with ELimination than Along Came A Tiger. I can take old, worn, purple prints but not excessive DVNR and edge enhancement like what was on ACAT

froffeecoffee

Came across this Rarescope release of The Cavalier at my local used DVD store. Was wondering if it would be a good purchase. Is the movie any good? What is the quality of this version. Many thanks for any helpful replies. :)

Morgoth Bauglir

Decent at best. Nice to see Shaking Eagle in a lead role, but the kung isn't that great. Doris Lung gets to show off a bit at the beginning, but the only other good fight I remember is with Choi Wang.

Is this the Joseph Kuo one with Lo Lieh where he bites a guys finger off then spits it at him and it impales his throat?:D And an old man and his daughter chase the hero around the whole movie to marry her after besting her in a contest?

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah that's the plot. The old guy tries to get Sze Ma Lung to marry is daughter. It gets old fast. I don't remember that biting the finger off part but I will take your word for it since I don't feel like watching the movie again. :P

Yeah, this was on Unicorn Video I think and Lo Lieh shows up halfway through as a white haired villain. He does that emotional kung fu thing at the end. I think he fights a lot of people all at once too.

The finger biting shot had some chinese song playing over the soundtrack. I remember a little boy held captive being stabbed with spears and one of the guys goes crazy and lunges his fingers at Lo Lieh who bites it off then spits it at him and it punctures his throat. What's funny is he spits the finger out rather lazily and it looks like it falls to the ground. I remember liking it pretty good. I also remember a restaurant fight where one guy gets pinned against the second floor and starts pissing wildly all over the place.

Rarescope released this!?? How did this slip under my radar,yes please post a link. Or hell even a screenshot of the cover. I am curious is all.

kungfusamurai

Didn't Mei Ah or some other HK company put this out on DVD? I think it might have been widescreen, but the image suffered from some artifacting (ghosting?).

How's the quality on the rarescope release?

KFS

Archived