Rarescope

Guest WHITETIGERNY

Hi Guys,

The Sword Named Revenge dvd was chinese. I got it in my city's Chinatown. The menus are totally in Chinese, but the subs are english, burnt in. It looks like a rarescope DVD in regards to picture. I'll ask the guy at the store where he got it from & if he has more.

h

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brigadier Chow

That is not a Rarescope print you saw of SNR, that is the Taiwanese Hoker Records print. This is a legit release and it has been on the market for almost 2 years. So now it is possible other companies are booting it, they even sell double bill of it with Love and Sword in NYC Chinatown.

Guest Mr Dragula
Apparently, Rarescope will not be releasing Ninjas in Ancient China (at least in the UK).

Well it still appears on the coming soon trailer reel in the special features, so here's hoping.

Is the final fight in Cub Tiger worth watching? Is it a better movie than Master with Cracked Fingers?

The final fight isn't anything special really, but i'd still say the original cuts the better version. Obviously it just flows better, and it isn't as outright ridiculous as the re-edited release. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, weak plot and all.

As has been noted before, the print is washed out and shows considerable damage. The subs are of course embedded, and jump between the standard original hard to see white subs, and some newly added subtitling to the black bars. Wish they would've just kept the new subs on through out the entire film, as the previous ones are such a chore to read.

Guest thejadefacedassassin

My friend says Duel At The Supreme Gate has Betty Loh Tih doing some nifty wu xia movies. She is of course one of the legendary greats but is so versatile she can fit into any genre.

Ditto for another screen great Ivy Ling Po. Both are not kungfu actresses but Ivy was great in The 14 Amazons and The Crimson Charm displaying dexterity.

Guest greenfankermit
I was wondering that too, but the only movies I care about right now are Monk's Fight, Sword of Justice and NInjas in Ancient China. WHEN ARE THESE COMING OUT?!?

Ninja in Ancient China will be out this year and will include an audio commentary and liner notes.

Guest teako170
Ninja in Ancient China will be out this year and will include an audio commentary and liner notes.
Who will be doing the commentary for this film?

And I assume (hope) this will be the wide print that Rarescope was originally planning to release?

Just watched Ninjas & Dragons. This was WICKED fun: Transvestites, Killer Chinese Mini-me Dwarves, Sexy broads, explosions, & ninjas. I'd say give it a whirl. There are some comic elements & the closing fight was great. Again, thanks to rarescope for putting these out there!! Next up: Face behind the mask! Just the name has me amped!!!

That little guy is hilarious! One thing that disappointed me in Ninjas and Dragons was the action. It stars the villain from South Shaolin Master, but he doesn't get to do crap.

Have you watched Elimination Pursuit yet HAZ? I love literally everything about that movie, especially Roc Tien and the music. Amazing movie. I just wish it was longer.

Hi Morgoth,

I've been saving Elimination Pursuit. I watched the first 5 minutes, with that crazy song/montage & thought the movie looked wicked. I think I'll get to it this week. These movies are so zany. I luv em. People, don't sleep!!!!!!

h

Guest Winfred

Can anyone advise if A Sword Named Revenge is a worthy buy? I already have The Dream Sword on unsubtitled fullframed VCD so I will be getting this twofer primarily for A Sword Named Revenge. Amazon is offering a 10% discount off the list price!

I wasn't that crazy for Sword Called Revenge. Its not that it was unenjoyable, but the plot had me a bit confused. I'd get it just becuase its cheap, rarescope needs our support, and you may even end up liking the movie!

Guest Yagyu_Tajima

If you are looking to start a collection than the two pack is worth picking up considering it's price is so reasonable. It's based on a Gu Long novel, so if you've seen The Lost Swordship (another Rarescope release based on a Gu Long novel and directed by Li Chia), then you should have some idea of what Sword Named Revenge will be like.

Archived