Rarescope

Guest WHITETIGERNY

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Saw this one on the shelf today and dont know anything about it. I know its only like $8, but anybody know if its worth dropping some cash on?? Any good?

Guest fabhui

Well I know Toby said he wouldn't be releasing this one on the Rarescope label here in the UK as he didn't think it was good enough, not sure if he meant the quality of the print or the movie itself!

Anyway, I've ordered it off amazon. Can't really go wrong for £4

Hi,

Ipicked up a few movies from rarescope on a whim last weekend, "love & Sword" & "The Lost Swordship". Both were amazing: particularly the sets & the cinematography. Reminded me of King Hu films. The subs were the old school embedded kinds, but I could read them no problem & they made perfect sense. I haven't seen much on-line about rarescope since they started releasing their dvd's (maybe I'm not looking in the right places?), but they definetely deserve some good press. For the price, they're really worth picking up. I'm going to get a few others this week. They need a website with a full filmography of their releases. This Roc Tien dude is awesome. I wanna know more.

peace

h

Guest Mr Dragula

I just ordered Cub Tiger of Kwang Tung, AKA: Master With Cracked Fingers. Per chance has anyone on the board had a chance to watch the rarescope release, if so what were your thoughts?

Overall the collection's pretty cool. Sadly some of the subs leave a lot to be desired, which is my only real complaint. Most are embedded, some are dubtitles, some get cut off, some are white and hard to read, and all of the above. I would think even those that are embedded could have some sort of effect done so they stand out a bit more clearly.

Still for the price, they're a great pick up. I wish BCI would post some updates on the collection via a website such as their Ronin entertainment or Deimos sites.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

The Kings Of Fists And Dollars is still unavailable? Has it been released yet?

Just ordered Elimination Pursuit.

Guest TRAVYODA

On the subject of Cub Tiger From Kwang Tung, i see that an extra feature is entitled "An audience with Jackie Chan". Is this a newly recorded interview or some old, recycled thing?

So far, the only rarescope movie I didn't love is "A Sword Called Revenge". Can't complain about the sets, but the story had me going "Huh?!?" I got Elimination Pursuit on the docket for tonight. I can't wait!!!! I haven't seen too many glowing reviews for this stuff on line, but I'd say rarescope is a must for people who like their kung fu flix with a sprinkle of weird, zany, wacky schitt & beautiful cinematography. Think of King Hu on acid. DO NOT SLEEP & buy these now!!!

peace

h

I was wondering that too, but the only movies I care about right now are Monk's Fight, Sword of Justice and NInjas in Ancient China. WHEN ARE THESE COMING OUT?!?

Guest Mr Dragula
I was wondering that too, but the only movies I care about right now are Monk's Fight, Sword of Justice and NInjas in Ancient China. WHEN ARE THESE COMING OUT?!?

Good Question. I can't help but wonder IF they're even coming out anymore?

Archived