Rarescope

Guest WHITETIGERNY

Morgoth Bauglir

I didn't have any problems with the GZ version, but I can't say the pic quality is anything to get excited about.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dddhouse doesn't seem to have it.

That's from where i ordered mine anyway. Maybe it's OOP now?

*EDIT* Found it. http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=1837

This is probably the one with problems...

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.530011/qx/details.htm

Nope (or well, i haven't seen that version so i wouldnt know if that one also have problems). It's the Mei-Ah release that suffers from ghosting etc. which is kinda odd since usually besides some slight interlacing and somewhat bleak/blue tainted picture, the movies in this Mei-Ah series are pretty good qualitywise.

Is it just me, or are Rarescope rerelasing more not-so-rare movies now? Like movies (of same source) that are already released on dvd in other regions. Great for people with region locked players (altho i'm a bit surprised those exist nowadays :)) but it kinda taints the label name a bit by them releasing these don't you agree? If above statement about not-so-rare would be true that is.

I don't have all the insights but to my understanding Toby R isn't running Rarescope anymore? Is it all BCI nowadays? Don't they have the Brentwood label as well or am i mixing things up. In that case i guess i think it'd been better for them to use that label instead for these to keep the true rare's within Rarescope. Or maybe i'm just blabbering. :)

Has anyone seen the this movie. It will be available for purchase on Amazon 4 March 08. It's available for pre-order now. Price, $9.98.

ShaKwon

Thanks DMG, dddhouse has the title spelled wrong. That's why I couldn't find it.

Brentwood and BCI are one and the same. All of BCI's discs (the ones with excellent pic quality anyway) are just ports of discs other people remastered. Their HE-MAN discs are from the Brit discs, the Naschy movies from the Spanish Tri Pictures releases, etc...They added subs and in some cases, added some extras but the remastering for those was already done. I won't even begin to go into that ULTRAMAN fiasco they were involved in.

Ok..so I'm guessing that Rarescope haven't released this at all then. I didn't think they had as I couldn't find any info anywhere online about a Rarescope release of the movie.

froffeecoffee

Yeah, there's apparently a Rarescope release since I was looking at it and wanting information about the quality. Does anyone know anything about the quality of this particular release? Looks like it somehow got past everyone. I can't find it anywhere online either.

Duel of Karate is one of the worst KF movies I've ever seen. Every aspect of this film is really bad. Fights are a joke, acting isnt that good and the wirework/trampoline stunts are laughable.

I'd betterget my copy right away!Lol.

:D

TibetanWhiteCrane

How is the rarescope version of Cliff Lok's CHOI LAY FAT KUNG FU (or how ever the crap you spell it... choy lee fut... choi li fut...)

How is the rarescope version of Cliff Lok's CHOI LAY FAT KUNG FU (or how ever the crap you spell it... choy lee fut... choi li fut...)

Best version currently available be it legit or otherwise!

In my opinion it's one of Cliff Lok's best and for the price Rarescope are putting it out at I'd say it's well worth adding to your collection!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

For the second time in a purchase from Raresope I discovered the SOUND was off by a fraction of a second. Thus ruining the movie for me. I am really surprised that no on else noticed this. It was also in the Cotton Mill DVD. When this happens a movie becomes unbearable for me to watch. I had seen Dream Sword on VHS years ago. No problem then. My view if this flaw exist in your product don't put it on the Market.

I am appreciative of Raraescope's efforts but to me this is unacceptable.

GDY-Y

Morgoth Bauglir

If it's off by a fraction of a second, then I don't really care. My Fortune Star version of Eastern Condors sounds like it's off just a fraction, but I can't say it affected the movie for me. Now the English dub on Rarescope's LOve and Sword, that's a problem.

thundered mantis

I have noticed Rarescope has released Dance of Death. Anyone has seen it and can say that the video qual is better than old Crash version? Crash was said to be quite good, and lbx. also (Rarescope version doesn´t mention aspect ratio)

Linn said that the Crash DVD got the reels in the wrong order.

No wonder I wasn't too keen on the film!

Rarescope might correct this and add the English dub?

TibetanWhiteCrane

On a totally unrelated note..... am I the only one who thinks Don Wong Tao sounds EXACTLY like Al Pacino on the AC for Along comes the tiger???

I was just waiting for him to say HUUUUAAAAHH...!! or SAY HRRELLO TO MY LITLLE FRIEND...!!

How is Dance of Death? This is the Angela Mao starrer we are talking about here yeah? Is it up there with Broken Oath and Hapkido?

ironfistedmonk

It's not as good as Broken Oath or Hapkido IMO, those 2 are more serious movies whereas DoD is a KF comedy but it does have Chia Kai as a white hair fox doing horse style, that guy is always impressive

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah Chia Kai is always good. The final fight in Dance of Death is like 20 minutes long. I started to think it was never gonna end.

Archived