Rarescope

Guest WHITETIGERNY

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morgoth

It is a Rarescope movie and I think I heard it is fom 1969. If I see a Rarescope title of a movie I haven't seen, I buy it. Can't wait to see what releases they have for the new year(besides the 2 I have heard about).

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Along Comes a Tiger

Ninjas & Dragons

The Face Behind the Mask

Sure it is all based upon personal differences still.. one of these films is better than the other two.

Could someone please tell me which in your opinion of these three titles is the ''BEST''

RTY

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

4/10! Thats a bit harsh on Along Comes a Tiger. I would go with

Along Comes a Tiger 7/10

Ninjas & Dragons 6/10

Face Behind the Mask 7.5/10, just shading it for me

Guest morgoth

Wow, I thought Along comes a tiger was bad all the way around. Wong Tao was the only good thing about it. I wish I wuldn't have even stuck around for the final fight. And Doris Lung's fights were even more horrible.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Along Comes The Tiger 9/10 easy and morgoth you missed out on the last fight scene between Tommy Lee and Wong Tao? This film, Green Jade Statuette, and The Hot The Cool And The Vicious are THE three must have Tommy Lee flicks. Challenge Of Death too I guess. Also Kao Fei's character was pretty bad ass with his attitude an all. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Rarescope's version of this film. Tung Wei's character (guy with the straw stickin out of his mouth) was entertaining as the more of a smart ass than a bad ass. I may have spelt his name wrong, but wasn't he Bruce Lee's top student at that time?

The Face Behind The Mask I've purchased merely because Yueh Hua and Lo Lieh are in it, skimmed through it, but it hardly possesses the character of Along Comes The Tiger's uniqueness and invention.

Ninjas And Dragons... never seen it, looked at it, but didn't see anyone too notable in it and a lack of notoble leads means... |I

Guest morgoth

"Along Comes The Tiger 9/10 easy and morgoth you missed out on the last fight scene between Tommy Lee and Wong Tao?"

I said I wish I would have missed it. Tommy Lee is much better in movies like Seven Steps of Kung Fu and others you named.

Guest morgoth

Rating the 3 DVD's looks like this from me.

1-Face Behind the Mask-tons of good fights, good star power, great comedy(though it is a serious type of film), and a masked Jackie Chan has a great cameo fight scene.

2-Tiger-decent quality cheese but the DVD is a must have for the audio commentary.

3-Ninjas-decent movie but no special features except for trailer. It does star Dong Li though:p

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
I said I wish I would have missed it.

:rollin Now that's funny. I'll have to check that Face Behind The Mask out again pretty soon and see just what I may (or may not) be missing.

Guest morgoth

vengeanceofhumanlanterns-don't skim through it, it is not a boring movie at all. Be sure to tell me what you think. I believe the movie is from 1974 and it has awesome fight scenes if it is or even if it isn't that old.

Also, check out Killer Wears White if you wanna see Tung Wei in a really good performance. It is AKA Shadow NInja in the 50 pack(and 20 pack). He is freaking on fire in this movie. "WHITE KILLER!!!!!!!!!!"

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Further research has revealed that Betty Loh Ti shot Duet At The Supreme Gate in 1968 not for Cathay but for her own company Golden Eagle which she formed with her brother Kelly Lai Chen and director Yuan Chiu Feng.

Guest Chen Zhen

cotton mill is one of the most overrated movies ive seen in a while...i dont get y ppl call it a classic, and this and that...its a very average movie with slightly better than avg fights...gets no better than a 7/10 from me. and im a big fan of tan tao liang.

Here's my ratings for the following Rarescope titles for what it's worth, which probably ain't a lot! :lol

Choi Lee Fat Kung Fu = 8

Along Come The Tiger = 9

General Stone = 6

Love and Sword = 8

Ninjas and Dragons = 6

Showdown at the Cotton Mill = 7

The Drunken Dragon = 9

Face Behind The Mask = 9

Lost Swordship = 7

Archived