Bruceploitation / Bruce Lee clones

Guest Chinatown Kid

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest saltysam

is there any bruce li fans here who has got a decent list of the best versions of his movies on dvd and also a list of what's not been released?i have loads of his films but there are so many different titles etc. out there it's hard keeping track!

What is even more interesting in Bruce Li's case was that the movies I have would have the covers saying Bruce Li, but the movie prints would have him credited as "Ho Chung-Tao".

Guest will91XingYu

I love the Dragon Lee film Champ vs Champ, he has a good fight with Han Ying. Also hi Albert it's cool to see someone else appreciate Junya Takagi!

Bruce Li was a good martial artist. had some nice films.. dragon lee was alright and made 2-3 nice flicks, but i couldn't stand Bruce Le

Guest Jesse Smooth

Okay, it seems as if the only one who actually enjoys Bruce Le flicks.:)

My Name Called Bruce

Bruce and Shaolin Kung Fu

Bruce Vs. Bill

Bruce Le's Greatest Revenge

Bruce and Dragon Fist

Guest Von Humboldt Fleischer

BRUCE LE'S GREATEST REVENGE isn't too bad. The rest... meh. I like Le better than Dragon Lee, though. Dragon Lee's big weird rubbery face distresses me.

To me Fist of Fury 2 (aka Chinese Connection 2) was the best of Bruce Li's flix, next to Dynamo of course. The reason I liked it so much was because even though you knew it had almost no connection to the original, it didn't take much thought for it to feel as if it was a direct sequel! And if you didn't feel the same way, we still always have Dynamo!

The worst of his flix had to be Bruce Li goes to New Guinea! Oh my god was that bad!

I enjoyed most of the clones but not all of their movies. My favorite actors and some favorite films they starred in are:

Bruce Li -

Iron Dragon Strikes Back

Soul Brothers of Kung Fu

Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth

Return of the Tiger

Dynamo

Dragon Lee

Martial Monks of Shaolin

Enter the Deadly Dragon

Dragon Claws

Rage of the Dragon

Bruce Le

Enter the Game of Death

Bruce vs Bill

Clones of Bruce Lee

I haven't seen many full films of Bruce Le's films, just clips. His films seems like a hit or miss. Treasure of Bruce Lee and Bruce's Shaolin Kung Fu look interesting. His choreography in his later films look better, but films look very cheezy!

I enjoyed most of the clones but not all of their movies. My favorite actors and some favorite films they starred in are:

Bruce Li -

Iron Dragon Strikes Back

Hey! That reminds me. I have the channel KUNG FU in HD and I keep seeing The Iron Dragon Strikes back. But, when I looked at pics of it on Mark's review it isn't the same movie.

In the movie I saw they keep sampling the song Funky Town and the story revolves around a bunch of hoodlum kids including one names "Little Monkey", crazy stuff! Is that right, or is it a miss-title.

Guest Chinatown Kid

The Iron Dragon Strikes Back that Bruce Li stars in was originally called The Gold Connection. It's about 3 guys that find a bunch of Vietnamise gold while diving in the sea. Come to find out it was dumped there by Triads and they find out Li and the other guys took it and start sending killers after them. It has some good suspense and the action is decent and the plot is better than the usual run of the mill fare.

Guest deathdunt

Dragon Lee actually happens to be my favorite of the leealikes. It seems as though he probably made the most movies that had nothing to do with Bruce Lee...But here's my favorites...

Bruce Li-Bruce Li The Invincible, Bruce Lee The Man The Myth, Dynamo

Bruce Le- Bruce And Shaolin Kung Fu...AND thats IT. I can't stand almost ANY of the movies this guy was in.

Dragon Lee- Martial Monks OF Shaolin, Champ Vs. Champ, Dragon On Fire, Dragon Lee Vs. The Five Brothers

Guest Chinatown Kid

My favorite clone is Bruce Li(Ho Chung Tao), he was the most talented overall imo and had the talent to be a star in his own right outside the exploitation roles if he had been given more chances. My favorites of his are Dynamo, Chinese Stuntman, Soul Brothers of Kung Fu, Iron Dragon Strikes Back, and The Lama Avenger.

I was never impressed to much with Bruce Le's Martial Arts skills or acting but admit he did look decent in his fights in Enter the Game of Death, especially his kicks. He really overdid the Lee mannerisms to the point of parady.

Dragon Lee has some good Martial Arts skills and a powerful looking physique but I didn't like the way he would start acting crazy and jumping up and down like a Gorilla. He also overdid the Lee mannerisms like Le. I saw him in some latter day Korean films with people like Hwang Jang Lee and Cassanova Wong and he looked alot better with his fighting skills.

The best Bruce impersonator imo is Sammo Hung, in the films Enter the Fat Dragon and Skinny Tiger/Fatty Dragon he had the mannerisms down to a tee. :)

The Iron Dragon Strikes Back that Bruce Li stars in was originally called The Gold Connection. It's about 3 guys that find a bunch of Vietnamise gold while diving in the sea. Come to find out it was dumped there by Triads and they find out Li and the other guys took it and start sending killers after them. It has some good suspense and the action is decent and the plot is better than the usual run of the mill fare.

Yeah! They definately titled that incorrectly! :mad:

Guest Morgoth

From the back of the Iron dragon Strikes Back DVD-

"4 adventurers in the China Sea mistakenely discover the buried treasure of some ruthless sea pirates. Determined to retrieve the gold, the pirates go all out to get it back. Their only hope is to use the ancient art of the monks. In a dazzling display of martial arts supremacy they defeat the enemy."

So what do you think, did Ric Myers write that? and this is from the cover of the DVD- "The knowledge of the ancient art will help discover the secret."

And Chinatown Kid I agree with you that Sammo was the best Bruce Lee imitator. And also Tony Leung Siu Hung!:D

Guest Chinatown Kid

Actually it was 4 guys instead of 3, I had forgot about the 4th guy, but the rest of that description sounds like an entirely different movie. Pirates my ass.....lol

Guest Chinatown Kid

Well I'm still trying to figure out what the hell that secret was and what the ancient art of the Monks have to do with it......:rolleyes:

Guest deathdunt

While we are on the topic, does anyone know what the title of the Dragon Lee movie that comprises more than half of The Real Bruce Lee? Has it been released by itself?

Guest Jesse Smooth
While we are on the topic, does anyone know what the title of the Dragon Lee movie that comprises more than half of The Real Bruce Lee? Has it been released by itself?

It's a Korean film called LAST FIST OF FURY.

I was never impressed to much with Bruce Le's Martial Arts skills or acting but admit he did look decent in his fights in Enter the Game of Death, especially his kicks. He really overdid the Lee mannerisms to the point of parady.

Keep in mind that ETGOD was a Korean film as well. Perhaps I would assume that they had technical advisors who were Korean MAs.

I need help in finding the title to a Bruce Li, Le, or one of the clones, movies. The end fight features Bruce Li vs a man with long white hair and the winning move is where Bruce jumps on his shoulders and strikes his temple and then his eyes. But the killer part is when he strikes you hear what sounds like slot machines going off.

I know this sounds crazy but I saw this movie when I was a kid on afternoon Kung Fu theater and just hoping somone here knows the name.

Chinatown Kid

I'm not sure but perhaps Bruce Li in New Guinea? Probably not though because I don't remember any slot machine sound effects....

In 1 scene 2 guys are practicing kung-fu on riverside,Bruce arrives and "teaches" them how to do it properly.And in the end Bruce fights at least Sumo wrestlers.Anyone knows this one?Thanks.

Archived