What are your next buys?

Jstn

I'm looking to gt the latest in the Shogun Assassin series which come out this month and other than that i havn't really been interested in anything else. Going through a slump :(

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Amazing Psycho Per
I'm looking to gt the latest in the Shogun Assassin series which come out this month

You do know that the sequels are basically the same then the Lone wolf and cub movies...

will91XingYu

Warlords with Jet Li, looking forward to this, i saw Jet swinging a huge horse cutter around so had to buy!

Fatal Contact- I've already got the vcd but the quality is awful, and the extras looked cool, love Wu Jing and Xing Yu is in it so though i'd rebuy.

Also i knw it's not kung fu but pre ordered the 6th season of south park!

Also i knw it's not kung fu but pre ordered the 6th season of south park!

2nd season here - had to revisit.

Respect My Authoritah.

I've seen all of these, just don't own the newest ones.

Challenge of the Masters

Shaolin Wooden Men

Tai Chi II :cool:

OUTSIDE OF KUNG FU: Letters from Iwo Jima and, don't ask why, House Guest!

d0281my8.jpg

I've seen all of these, just don't own the newest ones.

Challenge of the Masters

Shaolin Wooden Men

Tai Chi II :cool:

OUTSIDE OF KUNG FU: Letters from Iwo Jima and, don't ask why, House Guest!

d0281my8.jpg

:D That's awesome Sifu, I LOVED Houseguest, what a nutjob of a movie, funny as all heck!

I got influenced by a few forum posts here so i made another order :)

Drunken Master 2 (I really should get the Thakral uncut cantonese one but i'll settle for the dub for now)

Daggers 8 (VV). I hope i chose the best available version :)

Shaolin Tiger Claw (Crash Cinema) Dunno anything about this movie really but Cliff Lok is in it.

Snake and Crane Secret (VV)

Two Wondrous Tigers (VV)

:D That's awesome Sifu, I LOVED Houseguest, what a nutjob of a movie, funny as all heck!

Sinbad's amazing, saw him in NYC a couple months back! The best comedian. Very nice too. He's very clean and tasteful, yet he kills the audience everytime. Never a dead joke.

xAJzCDfs0g0

Sinbad's amazing, saw him in NYC a couple months back! The best comedian. Very nice too. He's very clean and tasteful, yet he kills the audience everytime. Never a dead joke.

xAJzCDfs0g0

He's funny, this guy, I really like him. Great to hear he's a nice fella too.

Just ordered Warlords, and Battle of wits cant wait to see the former quoted as one of the best HK movies in years

TibetanWhiteCrane

Think i'll get the FEMALE PRISONER series with Meiko Kaji... love that cool 70's japxplotation!

Biggest buy in America for this week!

61x90r02BHL._SS500_.jpg

Can't wait to see the alternate ending, from the commercial it seems like he doesn't die immediately and something further happens with the cured darkseeker :DI CAN'T WAIT! I know it's already on the net, but I'm not gonna watch it until it comes out on DVD, so please don't spoil it.

Hmm. Just had to order some more movies.

Chinese Hercules (Rarescope)

Death Duel Of Mantis (VV)

Dragon's Claws (Prism Leisure). I have the HK print already but this one was so cheap and contains the english dub so i thought what the heck... HJL is HJL is HJL.

Challenge of the Shaolin Disciples. (Crash Cinema) Recently bought the Rarescope one but it has some annoying interlacing and usually CC's are the shizzle (except Dance of Death it seems).

Dance Of Death (Rarescope). Someone mentioned somewhere that the CC one has some reels swapped so i just had to get another version of this :D. Angela Meow <3

Horse Boxing Killer (VV)

The World Of Drunken Master (Prism Leisure). Some day i'll get hold of the HK print but until then, this one will have to do. It was cheap too.

Shaolin vs Lama (Prism Leisure). I love this movie. No idea about the print but i don't expect any miracles.

The Martial Arts Essentials: The Films of Yuen Wo Ping (Video Asia (yukyuk)). I got this one solely to have the english dubbed version of Taoism Drunkard. It also contains Dance of the Drunk Mantis, Invincible Armour, Born Invincible (those 3 i have already ofcourse), Awaken Punch and Kung Fu Massacre. Basically i expect the worst in quality with this but hey, atleast it will look good on my shelf together with the rest of the collection.

I really should restrain myself from further movie buying for a while but it sure aint easy :D

Morgoth Bauglir

If you are asking about chinese Hercules, then I don't know if it's the best, but the BCI version is pretty damn good.

My guess would be that anything with a double feature whatever is pretty low grade in more than one sense ;)

If you like bashers you will really like Kung Fu Massacre.

Not THAT much tbh. I think it's mostly because they use imo annoying sfx with lots of reverb for most bashers :). Moodkiller for me.

Morgoth Bauglir

I am not a huge basher fan myself, but I don't think it's because of the sounds. There are some that I really like, and Kung Fu Massacre is one of them. Charles Heung perform well, but the costar just tears the screen up.

Morgoth Bauglir
My guess would be that anything with a double feature whatever is pretty low grade in more than one sense ;)

I don't follow. If it was 2 movies on 1 disc, then it could affect the quality, but the BCI version is 2 movies on 2 discs.

True. I didn't think of the dvd9's with 2 movies on them either. Usually sufficient bitrate to go around.

BCI aren't famous for presenting good quality dvd releases overall so i wouldn't bet money on that release even tho they did put the movies on separate discs this time around. Nice touch with anamorphic flag but in reality that don't necessarily have to mean that much. But i'll leave it up to someone who actually saw this version to talk about it.

My vote still goes to the RS one because of dual audio.

Morgoth Bauglir

RS as in Rarescope? Rarescope is BCI. I didn't know about the dual audio. Any special features on that release?

EDIT- my bad, if you are in the UK then Rarescope may not be BCI. I have no idea how that stuff works.:confused:

BCI distributes Rarescope in the US. I think they might own the label nowadays but don't quote me on that. In either case, some RS movies have only been released in one region while some in atleast R1 and R2. It seems BCI released Chinese Hercules in their own Kung Fu Theater collection in the us (likely before the uk RS one) but that the uk one has more features attached to it.

Slightly confusing :)

US one: http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.536505/qx/details.htm

UK one: http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.544489/qx/details.htm

Archived