Cheng Pei Pei cast in Streetfighter

froffeecoffee

froffeecoffee

I came across some of the cast for the new Streetfighter: Legend of Chun-Li film in production. They've cast Cheng Pei Pei in one of the roles, though no details of her character are givin' yet. Don't know if this news should be in General Interest, General Cult, or what, but since she's known for her Shaw Brother work, I figure I'd put here. Still not interested in seeing it, the memories of the Van Damme version still rings in my head. Interesting casting choice though.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if they'd ponder Liu Chia-Hui for Gen (old dude with white hair) if they've seen how he looks as Pai Mei.

I got to thinking about it (hey, I used to be really into SF as a kid :o) and I realised the only credible way Americans would cast Gen would be to put somebody in a white wig. As I don't know how well they'd consider an older actor's approach.

froffeecoffee

Yes, there will be an actor wearing a white wig. Rick Yune has been cast as Gen. If you don't know him, he was the henchman, Zao, in Die Another Day and Johnny Tran in The Fast and Furious.

Archived