Question about Celestial / IVL (remastering)

Chen Kuan Tai

Chen Kuan Tai

I wonder which of these labels took the restoring of the sb dvds/vcds?

Celestial: It own the rights of the movies and restored them?

IVL: It is only responsible for the production?

Hope I will get information of someone who knows it exactly. :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celestial restore.

Intercontinental Video Limited/Media Blasters/BCI/Wild Side/Deltamac/Momentum Asia/Dragon Dynasty/Image Entertainment/M.I.B/Asia Video Publishing/United Home Entertainment distribute.

:)

Chen Kuan Tai
Celestial restore.

Intercontinental Video Limited/Media Blasters/BCI/Wild Side/Deltamac/Momentum Asia/Dragon Dynasty/Image Entertainment/M.I.B/Asia Video Publishing/United Home Entertainment distribute.

:)

thx, are you sure of ivl? are they also responsible for production (manufacture the sbs of celestial on dvd)?

IVL is a distribution company, they've done quite a bit more than just the Shaw Brothers films. And as a distribution company, in general they are responsible for the production of the DVDs they distribute.

Now IVL are no longer producing Shaw Brothers dvd's do you know if any other company might pick up the rights as there are a few films i would love to see on dvd especially Painted Faces.

Chen Kuan Tai
IVL is a distribution company, they've done quite a bit more than just the Shaw Brothers films. And as a distribution company, in general they are responsible for the production of the DVDs they distribute.
thx :)

Chen Kuan Tai
Now IVL are no longer producing Shaw Brothers dvd's do you know if any other company might pick up the rights as there are a few films i would love to see on dvd especially Painted Faces.
I don't know, we will see. think, after celestial close business with ivl they surely want to sell their masters to other labels or eventually take another distributer and continue work

Archived