Looks like Kung Fu Panda will show a ripoff of the chopstick fight of ExecutionersFS

wackiechan

A TV commercial for the upcoming movie called "Kung Fu Panda" was shown tonight. It looks like there will be a scene from "KFP" which will be a ripoff of a scene from "Executioners From Shaolin". The scene from "EFS" that I'm talking about is that really funny one where Chen Kuan Tai has a "chopstick fight" w/ his character's son. I think that the son was played by a HK actor named Wong Yue, but not the Jimmy Wang Yu of "Master of the Flying Guillotine".

It seems like "Executioners From Shaolin" is best seen w/ a big crowd, which is how I saw it at the Heroic Grace Film Series.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen the part from Kung Fu Panda, but alot of classic kung fu flicks have chopstick fights like the one in Executioners. It's a nice touch though... it is even practiced as a style.

wudangimmortal

what was the other chopstick fight between 2 guys in like a restaurant setting? it was awesome, i dont remember what movie hope some1 can figure it out :P

what was the other chopstick fight between 2 guys in like a restaurant setting? it was awesome, i dont remember what movie hope some1 can figure it out :P

Well, like I said there are a lot of those in movies. :P

Maybe you're thinking about Hitman in the Hand of Buddha, with Hwang Jang Lee vs. Tino Wong? That was memorable.

Also, in Shaolin Rescuers Phillip Kwok learns how to fight with a bowl and chopsticks.

Archived