Comments on Dvd Cover

oldeschool17

Hey all,

My friend and I are working on this dvd cover for Delightful Forest. Its a work in progress and much credit goes to my friend, Brainiac, for engineering this. Sorry its a small image and all the text but when we get done we'll prolly post up the finished image. We appreciate any feedback. Thanks

35bfa99dec.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice. thanks. The mahsingyi white ivl cover had elements of that poster. However, i wanted to do something a lil different and pull from screens from the movie. However, since its IVL, its hard to get a decent action shot due to the crappy vid transfer. The stock photos out there/lobby/or image stills from the IVL disc arent the best to work with in photoshop either due to the quality and dimensions.

It takes me a loooong time to grab some of those screen shots I put up in the gallery. You have to constantly forward frame by frame to get a non-blurry or as close to a non blurry shot as you can. I have the lobby set as well but I haven't mastered photoshop yet for the lobbies. I'm going to NY to see my friend in a couple of weeks (hopefully) and he's supposed to show me how to do it. Maybe there's some shots on there you may want to use? Do you want me to grab some screen shots for you also?

thanks for the offer but i think my friend and I got the shots we needed. I would have loved to get some shots of the fight between ti lung and lau kar wing on there but i think it would have looked too cluttered. If you ever need some help on photoshop, i can do what i can to help or ask my friend for pointers.

Thanks very much! I'm still a bit of a mental midget when it comes to computers. Someone else tried to tell me on another site via PMs on what to do with the cards as in bringing the sections together but I couldn't figure out how to blend the seams. I spent several hours trying to get it to work but surely there must be an easier way to do it than the way I was doing it. I'll wait and have him show me unless I don't get to make the trip then I may ask you some questions if it's not too much trouble.:)

Im no means a pro, but i'll help what i can. Feel free to forward that pm to me for i might understand what he was telling you.

Righteous Master

oldeschool, cover looks pretty nice. However I have one small suggestion. Perhaps you should add some sort of action shot to liven everything up. When I see the guy on the front it makes me wonder why he is in the position he is currently in, but it would not be enough to make me buy the DVD (I know this is for your own enjoyment, but just pretend for a moment). If the central focus was the main character in a nice action shot which showed that there is great kung fu in the movie then I would be more inclined to buy the DVD. Just my two cents. Good work!

oldeschool, cover looks pretty nice. However I have one small suggestion. Perhaps you should add some sort of action shot to liven everything up. When I see the guy on the front it makes me wonder why he is in the position he is currently in, but it would not be enough to make me buy the DVD (I know this is for your own enjoyment, but just pretend for a moment). If the central focus was the main character in a nice action shot which showed that there is great kung fu in the movie then I would be more inclined to buy the DVD. Just my two cents. Good work!

Hey Righteous Master

I totally agree with you on that. However, the problem is trying to get a good action screenshot. Since IVL has video transfer issues, when i try to take a screenshot, it causes some blurriness. We could have taken some action shots from mahsingyi's white cover, the poster, or whats allready out there on lobby cards/stock photos, but i wanted to put a more personal and original touch to it. As an alternative, we took images that went in sequential order(although from the middle of the movie to the end) to make up for the action shot and to tell a story. We used the shot of Ti Lung being shackeled( i guess thats the term) as a focal point, considering thats how he spends a good portion of the movie. I appreciate your feedback and i'll definently keep that in mind the next time my friend and i take another jab at making a cover.

yeah i got lazy. i dunno if i wanna do it ivl style where theres one big image or mahsingyi style where theres 6 stills. If you do get some screenshots, feel free to send em to me

If you do get some screenshots, feel free to send em to me

I can do some. You want just the beginning? I may not get to do it tonight but I can definitely do it tomorrow.

Its no hurry. I wont be able to get to it for a few weeks due to work. the beginning would prolly be good between the showdown with ti lung and lau kar wing.

Your project is looking very good. This film is one of Ti Lung's best and I hope you can do as much as you can to promote this legend's work. Keep it up.:)

wudangimmortal

very nice man,

hey where does everyone find lobby card sets online? i been wanting to collect them i found some posted by magic poe but with water mark, i wanted to get as many as i can from the shaw bros movies, any help with it?

Original print sized SB "Lobby Card Sets" (HK and different countries), Posters and brand new designed alternate DVD Covers by mahsingyi will be available by the end of February at

www.shaw-brothers-reloaded.com and www.shaw-brothers-reloaded.de.

The prices (by set, by image or by still) will be affordable for all fans. Later on there will be Mobile Services, medias etc.

Here is a small idea of what the covers will look like:

layoutsbcoversus7.jpg

very nice man,

hey where does everyone find lobby card sets online? i been wanting to collect them i found some posted by magic poe but with water mark, i wanted to get as many as i can from the shaw bros movies, any help with it?

Thanks. Yeah the alternative is to pay for those lobbies by the poster above me from shawbros reloaded

Archived