Lee Yi Min Questions!

TibetanWhiteCrane

TibetanWhiteCrane

Could one or more of you knowledgeable gentlemen frequenting this board rate the following Lee Yi Min flicks for me? I mean just a simple GREAT-GOOD-BAD-AWFUL rating would be fine! And if anyone knows about decent dvd version of said films, then that would be greatly appreciated.

SHAOLIN IRON CLAWS (1978)

WORLD OF DRUNKEN MASTER (1979)

7 COMMANDEMENTS OF KUNG FU (1979)

SECRET OF SHAOLIN KUNG FU AKA BUTTERFLY 18 (1979)

DRUNKEN ARTS AND CRIPPLED FIST (1979)

BUDDHAS PALM AND DRAGON FIST AKA ROVING HEROES (1980)

I know there are vengeance video dvd versions of most of these, but I caught some pretty bad VV dvd's recently, which has made me reluctant to buy more of those. So info on the films, and dvd's of them is greatly appreciated.

THANKS TWC

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im a big fan of Lee Yi Min and ive seen almost all of those mentioned.

WORLD OF DRUNKEN MASTER (1979) > My favorite genre of classic kung fu movies is Drunken... if thats a genre. I loved this movie from beginning to end. Its one of the few movies that i can actually sit through over and over again. 8 Out of 10

DRUNKEN ARTS AND CRIPPLED FIST (1979) > Few movies can show unique diversity in styles well. This movie does an excellent job at doing that. It was a little slow to start but when it got started it was hard to peel my eyes from the screen. Siu Tien Yuen and Li Yi Min have great chemistry together. Eastern Heroes did a good job with a DVD release of this movie.

8.5 out of 10

BUDDHAS PALM AND DRAGON FIST AKA ROVING HEROES (1980) I enjoyed this movie. The plot was ok, the action was pretty solid. The best thing about it is the Palm/Fist style on the screen. It looks cool and it's something you don't see in alot of kung fu films. The movie can be a little corny at times but overall isn't that bad. Id give it a 7 out of 10.

I saw the other ones a long time ago, and i don't remember enough about them to really comment on them.

Morgoth Bauglir

Here are the ones I have seen-

Shaolin Iron Claws- 5/10

World of Drunken Master- 8/10

Butterfly 18- 7/10

Roving Heroes- 7/10

Butterfly 18 is a good movie, the end fight with Sun Jung Chi was really cool.

Roving Heroes was really good, lots of action, Chi Kuan Chun and Lee Yi Min make a good leading pair. Also baby venom Chu Ko gets a few fights which was cool. I havent seen it in a while but i remember the end fight being really good as well against Suen Shao Pao (Five Venoms, Shaolin vs Ninja)

TibetanWhiteCrane

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!

Only 5/10 for SHAOLIN IRON CLAWS Morgoth?? The trailer looks decent, but I guess you can never go by that alone.

SHAOLIN IRON CLAWS AKA HAWKS FIST (1978)7/10

WORLD OF DRUNKEN MASTER AKA UK DRUNKEN DRAGON (1979)8/10

7 COMMANDEMENTS OF KUNG FU (1979)8/10

SECRET OF SHAOLIN KUNG FU AKA BUTTERFLY 18 (1979)7/10

DRUNKEN ARTS AND CRIPPLED FIST AKA PECULIAR FIST KID (1979)7/10

BUDDHAS PALM AND DRAGON FIST AKA ROVING HEROES AKA TWO HEROES, SHOOTING STARS (1980)7/10

Out-side of some Shaw flicks the only other great movies that were left out of list would be Seven Grand Masters-9/10 also Ninja Checkmate-8/10 and Crazy Guy with Super Kung Fu-7/10:)

ironfistedmonk

All decent movies IMO, well worth watching

Shaolin Iron Claws 7/10

World of Drunken Master 8/10

7 Commandments 8/10

Secret of Shaolin Kung Fu 7/10

Drunken Arts & Crippled Fist 7/10

Buddhas Palm & Dragon Fist 9/10 - I love the action in this

TibetanWhiteCrane

I have 7 Grandmasters and Mystery of chessboxing (I refuse to call it ninja checkmate:)) and Crazy guy with super kung fu never looked that great to me, but maybe I should check it out!

gravedigger666

7 Commandments 6.5/10

Without Chang Yi it would not have deserved even that.Besides him,only good thing there was scene Lee Yi Man practises with strawn mantis.

crazy guy with super kungfu is lot worse,going to watch secret of shaolin now.

Brigadier Chow

Crazy guy with Super Kung Fu has alot of bad comedy, but mos def worth a watch for the fights. Especially the 3 on one fight with ace villain Pang Kang.

Morgoth Bauglir

I like the trio of Lee I Min, Sun Jung chi and that fat guy. Always nice to see Sun Jung Chi with a major role.

Archived