Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior cancelled?

Righteous Master

Righteous Master

I was doing a bit of searching on the internet about this animated film that I read about fairly recently. After reading a few web pages concerning the movie, I came across a link for a You Tube video claming that the Dragon Warrior film had been cancelled. Can anyone provide another link to prove this claim?

Also, I thought I might ask you all what your general thoughts were about this project, cancelled or not.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Youtube Link was removed recently, and I had the pleasure of viewing it and saved it to my computer, and it's no longer there either!:o I guess I didn't do it correctly.

Anyway, the clips were pretty nice showing the Computer generated Bruce how the built him on a grid like The Hulk. Then the action just depicted reinactments from several fight scenes from Big Boss, FOF, WOTD, and ETD. I read these were test shots originally shown to the Lee estate to get the rights to greenlight the project. The Final work was far superior, and the project went far over budget and resulted in being cancelled.:(

The CGI Bruce was shown walking down a street with real people around him Dressed in a 2 piece, Black Leather jacket and Pants.:P No other characters, and with him posturing, kicking, punching, at the air, in realistic enviroments. The movements were all taken from his earlier mentioned films, as if they were able to superimpose the CGI over the film movements.

With proper financing, it would have looked ok, I guess, however, it would take Lucas/Spielberg-type financing to pull it off, and I don't believe Chul Shin had the money to do it the way he dreamed the project in his head.:rolleyes:

BTW, we don't need CGI when we have...

DCasBL6.jpg

DCasBLinrome.jpg

Righteous Master

I assume the pictures are taken from The Legend of Bruce Lee, the 40 part television series? I watched the trailer for this and it looked pretty sweet, however all of these Bruce look alikes do not impress me. I would have much rather have seen the Dragon Warrior film instead.

BTW, which Dragon Warrior video clip are you refering to? I just watched a 2 min+ clip which had the Hulk like grid that you mentioned. This video is still available on you tube. The video quality was pretty bad though.

I assume the pictures are taken from The Legend of Bruce Lee, the 40 part television series? I watched the trailer for this and it looked pretty sweet, however all of these Bruce look alikes do not impress me. I would have much rather have seen the Dragon Warrior film instead.

BTW, which Dragon Warrior video clip are you refering to? I just watched a 2 min+ clip which had the Hulk like grid that you mentioned. This video is still available on you tube. The video quality was pretty bad though.

Yeah you're right, RM. I did get these from the site for TLOBL T.V. series, and thought some of the readers may get a little juiced seeing Danny looking so authentic. Well... I tried.:P

The Youtube clip you mentioned about Dragon Warrior that was very clear is no longer available from the person who originally posted it. The clip you speak of seeing is still out there, I do not know for how long, and it was interesting. who knows what will happen now?:rolleyes:

Archived