The Legend of Bruce Lee [TV Series]

Guest Daisho2004

TibetanWhiteCrane

Even the most hardcore BL fans must admit that this show was pretty damn bad!

Granted, I haven't seen a lot of it, but I didn't need to!

I've only seen trailers but it looked very OTT. Seems a shame as there was so much potential there to make a great show. I guess I won't bother getting it myself.

personally i have not seen this tv series nor do i intend to, why create an image of bruce lee that simply is not true !! this is disrespectful to bruce and another attempt by linda lee to sell her version of the lee legend

And i totally hate it.

Bad acting, terrible fight sequences. I think Danny Chan's career would be over if he had not been in Stephen Chow's movies before and still got a contract making more movies with Stephen. guessing here.

But i can not believe people writing this in IMDB (talk about nonsense)

Just finished watching the last episode (50) and wanted to add my twopenn'orth. Danny Chan portrays Bruce Lee to perfection - it's difficult to believe that this is not Bruce! Other characters are represented well, too. Ed Parker and Chuck Norris are particularly noteworthy, likeness and mannerisms are accurately portrayed. There appear to be parts that stray a little from other reports and biographies, but generally, the series seems to be pretty factual. The only reason I have only given a rating of 9 is that, for me, the story annoyingly jumps some (small) aspects of Bruce's life and what I consider as important details leading up to his death! As soon as I find time, I WILL watch this again and I am certain that it will be even better. It has rekindled my childhood interest in Bruce and I am currently reading everything that I can find about his life and work. I should add that I watched this in Chinese and understood most, but my wife was interpreter/translator for those parts that used more complex Chinese language. I hope that the Chinese speech is subtitled, and what 'should' be in English is dubbed, for release on foreign markets, since much of the character of the series would be lost if it were entirely in English!

it's unbearable. very hard to watch, the pacing is off. the actor is good, but from the fight scenes, to editing, to screenplay - it's just a big mess.

anyone who buys this dvd set would be greatly dissapointed. not a repeat viewing. heck, it's suffering from a single viewing by most people's standards.

Yikes I was somewhat looking forward to this to see the actual martial art's actors in it, but even that doesn't sound good. Oh well. :S

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Same here, but I truly trust the opinions of a lot of you guys. If it comes out with English subs, I'll probably check it out anyway, but it's good not to go in with big expectations. I knew it would just be another version of Linda Lee's "version" of Lee's life due to legal reasons, but I'd still hoped for the best within those constricting parameters. :S

Yikes I was somewhat looking forward to this to see the actual martial art's actors in it, but even that doesn't sound good. Oh well. :S

yeah i was looking forward to that as well. seeing lee's art in a modern setting. but the editing was imo very bad choppy and jarring that you couldn't enjoy the scenes if you wanted to.

tony jaa's ong bak 2 at least kept the camera and editing tight, which was refreshing. they somehow missed that.

as for Lee's life it has alot of his stories in China that never really heard of. more than the typical Linda Lee bios we know all about. so that was different. but again, very hard to watch.

News | TV | by Mark Pollard | 2007.08.17

China’s state-run broadcaster CCTV is producing THE LEGEND OF BRUCE LEE, a 40-part television series on the life of Bruce Lee. Filming, which began back in April on the $6.4 million dollar series, is taking place in Hong Kong and the U.S.

At one point Taiwanese pop idol and actor Jay Chou (INITIAL D) had been in the running for the lead role but it ultimately went to dance instructor-turned-actor Chan Kwok-Kwan (KUNG FU HUSTLE).

“I’m nervous and also excited, but I will do my best,†stated Chan when speaking to Chinese media. He added that Lee has been his role model since childhood and he has been practicing kung fu for many years.

Chan was originally discovered by Stephen Chow, who had hired him to choreograph a dance sequence for SHAOLIN SOCCER. Chow ended up putting him into the role of a Bruce Lee-like goalie based on Chan’s resemblance to the late martial arts icon.

Unlike most Chinese-produced TV series, this one is being produced with an international audience in mind. A teaser poster (see left) that is circulating on the net shows recognizable international martial arts stars Mark Dacascos, Michael Jai White, Ray Park, and Gary Daniels as part of the cast.Deadwood DVD

CCTV is planning to air the series in 2008.

081701.jpg

really~really awesome show~!!!

Jesse Smooth
aka Dragon The Bruce Lee Story Series....

Isn't there yet another series/movie coming out about Bruce Lee?

I'd love to see George Tan do a Bruce biopic.

dionbrother

As I got halfway through the series, the flaws are more apparent. The problems are more due to the HKTVB style format, which means the show goes at a sloooow pace, plus the lead has no onscreen martial arts ability. I didn't expect much historical accuracy (and find it funny that anybody was expecting it) but the anachronisms wear it down to Ed Wood levels.

Concorde Moon is actually destroying Bruce's legacy. By limiting his image usage, and endorsing fictional biopics, they aren't doing Bruce any posthumous favors. Younger people often ask me what the big deal was about Bruce. They don't get it.

George Tan would probably make a helluva movie, but he's a bigger crook that what you usually find in Hollywood.

Jesse Smooth
As I got halfway through the series, the flaws are more apparent. The problems are more due to the HKTVB style format, which means the show goes at a sloooow pace, plus the lead has no onscreen martial arts ability. I didn't expect much historical accuracy (and find it funny that anybody was expecting it) but the anachronisms wear it down to Ed Wood levels.

Concorde Moon is actually destroying Bruce's legacy. By limiting his image usage, and endorsing fictional biopics, they aren't doing Bruce any posthumous favors. Younger people often ask me what the big deal was about Bruce. They don't get it.

George Tan would probably make a helluva movie, but he's a bigger crook that what you usually find in Hollywood.

Is Linda/Concord Moon really about the money? Why create a Mario Van Peebles-ish version of Bruce? Bruce himself is spinning in his grave over all the BS. Notice all this began in the early '90s prior to Dragon (directed by MVP himself) with her book co-written by Tom Bleecher. Hell, Robert Clouse's book and the Bruce Li biopics are more accurate.

dionbrother

I don't think Concorde knows what they are doing.

M. Uyehara's articles in Fighting Stars in the 1970s were very eye opening. If there was a book reprinting those stories (which included Bruce's admittance to smoking weed), I'd buy it.

I don't think Concorde knows what they are doing.

M. Uyehara's articles in Fighting Stars in the 1970s were very eye opening. If there was a book reprinting those stories (which included Bruce's admittance to smoking weed), I'd buy it.

Supposedly, he didn't actually like smoking; he ate the Hashish. Sometimes in raw leaf form, others Linda:crossedlips: cooked in brownies/cookies.

Some of the last posts here probably make some big collectors "in the BruceLeefoundations pocket" red in their faces. They leaved the internet scene because of some people not obeying them.

I can not believe how they make Bruce lee look in this series. i hate the Bruce lee clone movies, but after watching this series it's easy to watch.

It's a shame Bruce is being turned, slowly but surely, into some kind of cartoon character.

Linda Lee has made an absolute fortune off his name over the years - intentional of not, she's helping his legacy dissipate into nothingness.

Ho Chung Tao has done much more for Bruce Lee's legacy than Linda "Golddigger" Lee ever has in the past 20 years.

True.

:nerd: