The Legend of Bruce Lee [TV Series]

Guest Daisho2004

• Administrator
The boxset released by Speedy in Malaysia has English subs. My friend and I will watch it starting Sunday.

Wow, I know this is not true to Bruce's life, but I still can't wait to see this! It just looks super entertaining. After the holidays are over, and I have a few more dollars I'm going to pick this English subbed set up.

oh, those clips from the series brought my exceptations down, A LOT!

fighting looks very stiff and what's up with the sound effects? i thought those effects dissappeared with the chop-socky era.

Way of the Dragon

you said that before that it was coming out in december with english subs, but i havent seen it yet. Nicola when you see this up on the site let me know please.

warning

no subtitles this edition.

a thief!!!!!

The Legend of Bruce Lee (China TV Series) DVD £89.99

Click to enlarge

The amazing life and legacy of action icon Bruce Lee comes to the small screen in the 50-episode biopic drama The Legend of Bruce Lee. Known for his striking resemblance to Bruce Lee, Hong Kong actor Danny Chan Kwok Kwan from Stephen Chow's Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle steps into Lee's hallowed shoes for this highly anticipated drama.

More than just a Bruce Lee-lookalike, Chan, a former dance choreographer, holds his own in the series' many sparring scenes, bringing a raw physicality to his performance.

The 50 episode series (over a total of 17 DVDs) follows the 32 years of Bruce Lee's life, from his troublemaking youth as an actor and martial arts upstart in Hong Kong, to his life in the United States and development and mastering of his martial arts and philosophy, to his storybook rise to global fame in both the martial arts and movie-making worlds. The Legend of Bruce Lee also co-stars Wang Luoyong, Mark Dacascos, Gary Daniels and Michelle Lang as Bruce Lee's wife.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS DVD DOES NOT HAVE 100% ENGLISH SUBTITLES

Cast:

Chan Kwok-Kuen, Michelle Lang, Michael White, Ray Park, Gary Daniels

Director:

Li Qi Wen

DVD Details:

Region Code: All Code, NTSC, 16:9

Rating: IIB - "Adult Material; Parental Guidance Recommended"

Subtitles: Some English but mostly Chinese

Language: Mandarin

Way of the Dragon

Ill be waiting for it to be fan-subbed on the internet as the boxset doesnt have english subs. Someone has to fan-sub it!

they will avaiable box set hk version in the end of this month on yesasia.

as soon update the page on the site. cost is $59.99

at moment page was removed.

kowloon

Way of the Dragon

ok, well i might get it when it comes avaliable because i would love to have the orginal boxset or i might get it off you kowloon.

I dont want one with only chinese language and no english subs

I am yawning my way through this series. The pacing is very slow and the plot seems to be stuck with Ip Man training Bruce. It doesn't help that everyone is acting badly with deadpan expressions on their faces. I am now at episode 10......40 more to go.

The series is on Blu-Ray in Germany but I don't think that has English subtitles either. I am not sure if it warrants a purchase to own in High-Def without subs. I labored through it as much as I could but finally quit midway.