Game of Death: Game Over! - New book on GOD by best-selling author Joe Kenney

Guest mpm74

I can believe that. But how do you know about this part? ...

... or are you speculating?

It's no speculation. It's an explanation. The story had been for years Lee was nervous about starting the film and didn't show up the first couple weeks of principal photography. This was his "lifelong" dream and he doesn't show? The same little man who rode across the dessert with Coburn and Silliphant anxiously scouting locations for a possible starring role in a film whose script he helped write? The dude's life was coming apart and his marriage. His late nights out with Betty, the indiscriminate drug usage, physical confrontations, etc. He had a damned of a time putting it together.

... No, I wasn't asking where the "steroids" allegations had come from. I meant specifically the info that Dragon posted.

I've had personal email correspondence with Tom Bleecker, and the experience was quite enlightening. Initially, he thought I was a "fanboy" defending crying foul against the Lee legacy... Once I explained my position, he warmed to me quite honestly, and disclosed the heart of the fables...

Linda basically created an image of Bruce because at the time of his death, he still was a relative unknown, outside HK, and no one cared. After the release of ETD the popularity came, but Lee was gone. The door was opened for her to give her "story."

It's no speculation. It's an explanation. The story had been for years Lee was nervous about starting the film and didn't show up the first couple weeks of principal photography. This was his "lifelong" dream and he doesn't show? The same little man who rode across the dessert with Coburn and Silliphant anxiously scouting locations for a possible starring role in a film whose script he helped write? The dude's life was coming apart and his marriage. His late nights out with Betty, the indiscriminate drug usage, physical confrontations, etc. He had a damned of a time putting it together.

That's good info. None of it surprises me. I just wanted to make sure you were getting it from a viable source and not just putting 2 and 2 together.

I've had personal email correspondence with Tom Bleecker, and the experience was quite enlightening. Initially, he thought I was a "fanboy" defending crying foul against the Lee legacy... Once I explained my position, he warmed to me quite honestly, and disclosed the heart of the fables...

Linda basically created an image of Bruce because at the time of his death, he still was a relative unknown, outside HK, and no one cared. After the release of ETD the popularity came, but Lee was gone. The door was opened for her to give her "story."

I emailed him too when I first read the book. I think I asked him "How do you know Bruce did steroids?" I just wanted to make sure what I was reading was the truth. That's all.

Even though I already had a strong feeling it was.

I think he told me something like "Take it or leave it".

We had a bit of a chat but I don't remember anything special from it. He told me he had done roids himself and that he had testicular cancer at one point, for some reason. 'lol I don't remember why that came up.

I had a feeling this was the case. But to what extent I didn't know. Thanks for the info. It's very interesting.

One book I've not yet got around to reading is "Bruce Lee, The Man Only I knew". Should I avoid it or....?

Dynamite Post

I feel sorry for Lee in that respect. Hollywood shit on him so badly that by the time he earned his place he'd became a paranoid wreck who was taking drugs because of the pressure he was under to prove them wrong.

He was so vain with regards his physicality that he always had to look better and better, hence the anabolic steroids. To counteract the effects of that he took cannabis to help him chill out. What a story! What a life!

Totally agreed on Linda's MO. I prefer to remember the way he lived! Yeah I bet you do! Nothing other than natural death before an autopsy?

I'm glad you're understanding my points. What I've said is not to smear or tear him down, it's the truth. I wish we could get an unauthorized bio-pic on the man... He was truly an interesting human being. His life, (behind the scenes), was far more interesting than his films.

Golden Arm Kid

My big question is if all of what is being stated right now is FACT? They are quite large claims. I personally am not claiming to be any sort of standard on Bruce knowledge (at all because I'm not even close) or trying to disrespect your opinions but here's how I see it.

Bruce's death and personal life is an enigma.

And The Dragon, those are all very different ideas from what most people throw around in regards to Bruce's personal life which one can appreciate. However, with all due respect I hardly think that the statements being made right now are "truth" at least based on the circumstances. Imo all of that stuff is based on two things: speculation and the word of Tom Bleecker. And to be honest I don't know how much I buy into all of what Bleecker says (granted I haven't actually read his book yet which I now plan on doing soon) taking into consideration none of the people closest to Bruce even hint at the kind of things Bleecker is saying. In fact he is the ONLY guy I know of saying that kind of stuff. Bruce's friends have admitted about seeing him doing marijuana and hashish (Wall, Coburn, ect.) but that's really the extent of it.

Then there's the matter of Bleecker's open statement that he will reward anyone who can disprove his statements. Now trying to remain respectful of Bleecker, let's just think hypothetically here. Would it be hard to believe that Bruce's friends and family either

-Don't know about Bleecker's work? (I really didn't even hear about him until VERY recently from some VERY die hard Bruce Lee fans on another forum).

-Have been through enough grieving of Bruce's death and don't feel the need to be involved with someone they may or may not think is trying to tarnish Bruce's name? (I personally do not know enough to make that kind of conclusion myself). Maybe they just want to be left alone about it and continue their lives, moving forward from a painful death of a friend/family member? In retrospect imo that whole "money to disprove my statements" thing is a little disrespectful in itself imo. That's obviously directed at people who CAN disprove his statements like close friends and family. But all in all I just feel like that's just very disrespectful to those people. Because who else is going to be able to disprove Tom's statements OTHER than Bruce's close friends and family? That part sounds almost as if he (hypothetically let's say he is bs'ing all of us) is a little insecure about his "findings". If friends and family won't come out to disprove out of respect to Bruce or other personal reasons then there really isn't anyone else who can legitimately come forward to disprove him.

Here's what I don't know and maybe you guys could fill me in. Does Bleecker provide ANY actual solid evidence (scans of documents or such?) or has he just been making these claims and then saying that it is truth or he does have evidence? Son of a Gun's post about the way Bleecker responded to the steroid question does not give me a good feeling about Bleecker's statements.

I guess the point of what I'm saying is how credible is Tom Bleecker really? I wouldn't know because I barely know too much about him. Has he provided evidence or has he just been saying/writing things?

However, I AM relatively new to the forums so if you guys have any legitimate info you wouldn't mind sharing could you enlighten me? lol.

Walk On!

My big question is if all of what is being stated right now is FACT? They are quite large claims. I personally am not claiming to be any sort of standard on Bruce knowledge (at all because I'm not even close) or trying to disrespect your opinions but here's how I see it.

Bruce's death and personal life is an enigma.

And The Dragon, those are all very different ideas from what most people throw around in regards to Bruce's personal life which one can appreciate. However, with all due respect I hardly think that the statements being made right now are "truth" at least based on the circumstances. Imo all of that stuff is based on two things: speculation and the word of Tom Bleecker. And to be honest I don't know how much I buy into all of what Bleecker says (granted I haven't actually read his book yet which I now plan on doing soon) taking into consideration none of the people closest to Bruce even hint at the kind of things Bleecker is saying. In fact he is the ONLY guy I know of saying that kind of stuff. Bruce's friends have admitted about seeing him doing marijuana and hashish (Wall, Coburn, ect.) but that's really the extent of it.

Then there's the matter of Bleecker's open statement that he will reward anyone who can disprove his statements. Now trying to remain respectful of Bleecker, let's just think hypothetically here. Would it be hard to believe that Bruce's friends and family either

-Don't know about Bleecker's work? (I really didn't even hear about him until VERY recently from some VERY die hard Bruce Lee fans on another forum).

-Have been through enough grieving of Bruce's death and don't feel the need to be involved with someone they may or may not think is trying to tarnish Bruce's name? (I personally do not know enough to make that kind of conclusion myself). Maybe they just want to be left alone about it and continue their lives, moving forward from a painful death of a friend/family member? In retrospect imo that whole "money to disprove my statements" thing is a little disrespectful in itself imo. That's obviously directed at people who CAN disprove his statements like close friends and family. But all in all I just feel like that's just very disrespectful to those people. Because who else is going to be able to disprove Tom's statements OTHER than Bruce's close friends and family? That part sounds almost as if he (hypothetically let's say he is bs'ing all of us) is a little insecure about his "findings". If friends and family won't come out to disprove out of respect to Bruce or other personal reasons then there really isn't anyone else who can legitimately come forward to disprove him.

Here's what I don't know and maybe you guys could fill me in. Does Bleecker provide ANY actual solid evidence (scans of documents or such?) or has he just been making these claims and then saying that it is truth or he does have evidence? Son of a Gun's post about the way Bleecker responded to the steroid question does not give me a good feeling about Bleecker's statements.

I guess the point of what I'm saying is how credible is Tom Bleecker really? I wouldn't know because I barely know too much about him. Has he provided evidence or has he just been saying/writing things?

However, I AM relatively new to the forums so if you guys have any legitimate info you wouldn't mind sharing could you enlighten me? lol.

Walk On!

He had access to every item/ document relating to Bruce Lee from the sixties right through until his death.

This included prescriptions (for cortisone) and doctors files which included what Lee was treated for in the final years of his life (depression, insomnia, severe acne etc) which are all symptoms of taking steroids.

Not related to that he also had Bruce's autopsy report and the full Hong Kong inquest into his death. I have portions of these documents but he had EVERYTHING. Add in the fact that he knew Bruce personally, he was part of the martial arts fraternity back in the day and he was married to Linda Lee.

Decent Source?

• Take one look at Bruce Lee in the last few months of his life and factor in some of the stuff that went down from February 73 until he died. You shouldn't draw a blank, bro!

PS - The Bleeker book was released before the Bruce Lee Estate had the ability to stop anyone from writing about him. Davis Miller was due to release a book called The Last Days of Bruce Lee with even more revelations but the estate theatened a multi million dollar legal battle and that was that. Lee's death and the last few months of his life are covered up at nauseum by his remaining family and being that he is such an icon it is easy to understand why. Truth is discovered in the material that had nothing to do with the family (Death By Misadventure/ Unsettled Matters/ Tao of Bruce Lee/ Fighting Spirit)

We will never know, only speculate.

My opinion. I dont think the painkiller killed him or made his brain swell, no-one has died from taking that drug before or as far as i know since.

It could be a reaction to cannibis / steroids that did it, or he could have been killed by the triads and moved to Betty Ting Pei's appartment. He did have big major arguments with Raymond Chow and Lo Wei before his death and there connections were how you say, suspect.

Lo Wei apparently threatend to kill Jackie Chan when he broke his contract and joined Golden Harvest, which is why Jackie spent a lot of the early 80's in America and Taiwan until Jimmy Wang Yu helped to settle the matter.

As i say its all just rumour and it always will be....

AMAZING BRUCE LEE ACTION FIGURES HERE...

We will never know, only speculate.

My opinion. I dont think the painkiller killed him or made his brain swell, no-one has died from taking that drug before or as far as i know since.

It could be a reaction to cannibis / steroids that did it, or he could have been killed by the triads and moved to Betty Ting Pei's appartment. He did have big major arguments with Raymond Chow and Lo Wei before his death and there connections were how you say, suspect.

Lo Wei apparently threatend to kill Jackie Chan when he broke his contract and joined Golden Harvest, which is why Jackie spent a lot of the early 80's in America and Taiwan until Jimmy Wang Yu helped to settle the matter.

As i say its all just rumour and it always will be....

Well it wasn't the pain killer, agreed lol.

Nobody killed Bruce and moved him. The autopsy report, which is available on Bruce Lee Central, lists NO EXTERNAL INJURY to the skull or body. Plus I think someone would have noticed Bruce Lee being carried in to a multi story appartment block by a bunch of traids.

His brain swelled when he chewed that smelly shit from Nepal which was PURE unrefined hashish. He survived once, he was warned not to take it, he was checked out in LA, given a clean bill of health and took some more. Betty Ting Pei shit a brick when he got sick in her flat and vital time was lost. One of the documents regards his death cites drug ideosyncracy, basically his body reacted differently to the chemical compounds in the drug.

Hashish was there on May 10th and it was there July 20th. Coincidence? Bruce FULLY acknowledged that he collapsed in May "immediately" after chewing hashish. That is factual information. For me that closes the book on it.

Also, before 100 lawyers, 100 medical experts and the Hong Kong Goverment got involved the initial cause of death was listed as cannabis intoxication.

^ Yep, agreed.

And didn't they play around with the theory that the cannabis leaves he was chewing on those months were a much stronger, uncommon type from Nepal? It was something I read somewhere.

He already had the bad headaches and the collapse months earlier and the bad head ache on the morning of his death aswell. The Cannabis that evening and possibly the Equigesic just pushed his brain too far and pop!

^ Yep, agreed.

And didn't they play around with the theory that the cannabis leaves he was chewing on those months were a much stronger, uncommon type from Nepal? It was something I read somewhere.

He already had the bad headaches and the collapse months earlier and the bad head ache on the morning of his death aswell. The Cannabis that evening and possibly the Equigesic just pushed his brain too far and pop!

Nepalese hashish was unrefined and pure. You get these potheads that talk sh*t about hashish being harmless but how many of them A.) Had Bruce's genetics/ physicality/ body fat percentage and B.) Ingested a pure unrefinded product from Nepal? Lee allegedly loved it because it chilled him out completely and in his words was; "the only think that stopped the clock ticking".

The equagesic was a moot point and did not contribute to his death in any way shape or form. After all there was no Equagesic in May and without medical attention that day he would have been dead. Bruce Lee had taken pain killers of that ilk for years.

GOLDEN ARM KID Lo Wei spoke of his young star (Bruce Lee) on the set of The Big Boss "injecting himself with drugs", and him "using other's medicines." What do you think he was injecting? Heroin? No, no one is implying that. Lee wrote to Linda about being "glad I brought my vitamins" on his trip. How do we know if at the time, Linda even knew what the hell he was taking?

didn't bleecker think bruce's hashish was laced with poisen by someone. the high kidney count - doctors thought he was poisoned so flushed his kidneys out. quickly transfered to baptist on may 10th which saved his life. july 20th they take him to queen eliz when baptist was closer. fukin stange that one!

didn't bleecker think bruce's hashish was laced with poisen by someone. the high kidney count - doctors thought he was poisoned so flushed his kidneys out. quickly transfered to baptist on may 10th which saved his life. july 20th they take him to queen eliz when baptist was closer. fukin stange that one!

There may have been mention of it but I think Bruce's physiology just disagreed with the drug.

Regards the hospital that was chosen. Dr Eugene Chu (Ting Pei's doctor) stated in the inquest that he requested that Bruce by taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital because it had better facilities. For me Chu already knew Lee was dead and was clutching at straws.

No pulse, no heartbeat, no respiration, eyes dilated. He was dead!

sifu iron perm

does this book exist? I remember i asked about this a few yrs ago maybe on my old screen name..but nobody could offer me any direction.

book.jpg

Golden Arm Kid
GOLDEN ARM KID Lo Wei spoke of his young star (Bruce Lee) on the set of The Big Boss "injecting himself with drugs", and him "using other's medicines." What do you think he was injecting? Heroin? No, no one is implying that. Lee wrote to Linda about being "glad I brought my vitamins" on his trip. How do we know if at the time, Linda even knew what the hell he was taking?

Ah Lo Wei. But doesn't Lo Wei have a VERY VERY good reason to have a vendetta against Bruce? It's no secret that he and Bruce got into several extremely heated arguments throughout their time working together even from the the very beginning when they were filming TBB.

He had access to every item/ document relating to Bruce Lee from the sixties right through until his death.

This included prescriptions (for cortisone) and doctors files which included what Lee was treated for in the final years of his life (depression, insomnia, severe acne etc) which are all symptoms of taking steroids.

Not related to that he also had Bruce's autopsy report and the full Hong Kong inquest into his death. I have portions of these documents but he had EVERYTHING. Add in the fact that he knew Bruce personally, he was part of the martial arts fraternity back in the day and he was married to Linda Lee.

Decent Source?

• Take one look at Bruce Lee in the last few months of his life and factor in some of the stuff that went down from February 73 until he died. You shouldn't draw a blank, bro!

PS - The Bleeker book was released before the Bruce Lee Estate had the ability to stop anyone from writing about him. Davis Miller was due to release a book called The Last Days of Bruce Lee with even more revelations but the estate theatened a multi million dollar legal battle and that was that. Lee's death and the last few months of his life are covered up at nauseum by his remaining family and being that he is such an icon it is easy to understand why. Truth is discovered in the material that had nothing to do with the family (Death By Misadventure/ Unsettled Matters/ Tao of Bruce Lee/ Fighting Spirit)

Did Bleecker ever reveal a single document or is it just something Bleecker has stated through word/writing? Has he actually proved this? Because in all honesty I could say the same thing right now on this forum if that is truly the case and would be almost as credible. Even if he does have the entire Bruce autopsy/HK inquest what does it say? I haven't seen it. Does it prove something we never considered before? If it doesn't than again that really proves nothing. He would need to reveal these so called prescriptions he has/has seen for depression,acne, and the prescribing of cortisone. Ok Bleecker knew Bruce personally. That's fine. Was he a CLOSE friend? Did he really care about Bruce? It's easy to be a casual friend or acquaintance and say that you personally knew someone.

Also, I humbly ask that you please specify what I bolded because I must respectfully say that I hardly consider that a decent source (only a decent source of speculation rather than fact). The events I saw lead up to Bruce's death consisted of:

-Bruce rapidly looking sickly, emaciated

-Regular use of marijuana and hashish

-A lot of stress and pressure

Essentially, in order for Bleecker to be considered a credible source or that anything he has said has any truth to it he'd have to bring forth something new and FACTUAL to the public eye. Like you know those prescriptions for anti-depressants,cortisone, and acne medication? He'd have to reveal or show a little of those documents.

Right now it seems like he's saying "Bruce this. Bruce that. Steroids this, steroids that. I've done this and that and have this pedigree and have been married to Linda Lee in the past so everything I say must be true! I don't need to reveal any form of solid evidence as long as I write a book that claims what I say is truth!"

I hate to sound harsh like that but imo that's just what is. Just answer these questions to yourself:

Has Tom Bleecker actually PROVED anything?

Has Tom Bleecker brought forth convincing and physical evidence to back up his claims?

Was Tom Bleecker really someone who cared about Bruce or was he just someone associated with him?

If Bleecker has all this evidence and knows so much about the secrets locked away about Bruce's death than why doesn't he reveal or prove something? Because as of right now after looking into it a little more I personally think and see that we know as much about Bruce's death today than before Bleecker came out and made his statements/released his work.

Why would he lie? Then again why wouldn't he? I'm just playing the devil's advocate here.

Think about that.

I don't want to dismiss Bleecker as some sort of fraud or something without knowing the full story and reading his book but I do stand by what I say. That is not to say that everyone here is entitled to their opinion and that you guys may be right and I may be wrong.

Bleecker doesn't really need physical evidence to back himself up. I think it's pretty obvious Bruce was doing all this stuff. I admit, not 100% obvious, but pretty close.

What physical evidence would you like to see? And what kind of physical evidence would exist on such a subject?

As for people saying "he was poisoned by Triads" or this that and the other. Well I highly doubt that but think about it... The way Bruce was living (allegedly), it's no wonder he died.

Even if some Triads were plotting to kill him, Bruce probably would have died before they got to him anyway. Workaholic, no body fat. Steroids, Chewing strong hashish, Stress, and ofcourse the thing they covered in "Death By Misadventure" - about how it's not uncommon for Chinese men of his age to have a problem in the brain like that. I can't remember the exact name of it, sorry.

I expect his brain was bleeding slowly all day from time he felt the first headache.

But I'm not gonna write a book, don't worry. :xd:

Sifu Iron Perm. That book does exist. I remember reading an interview with the guy who wrote it. I never bought a copy myself but it is a real book. I want a copy though, now you've reminded me of it. :D

To be fair I think it would be best to read the book, mate.

In my last post I said; “Not related to that (the steroid use) he also had Bruce's autopsy report and the full Hong Kong inquest into his death” Now you acknowledge that you haven’t read these? I have and Bleeker had access to these long before they were available to the likes of me. Unsettled Matters was written in 1999 and he referred to these throughout the book.

Steroids, for me, were nothing to do with Lee’s death and I acknowledged that in my previous post. Also, did Bleeker care for Bruce? What difference does that make? Do you write a more accurate portrayal of a person’s life when you’re best of friends? I’m not saying everything Bleeker wrote is accurate but the access he had was unlimited. This guy was a ghost writer for Linda Lee when she wrote the Bruce Lee Story and was aghast with the amount of information that was left out.

Bleeker didn’t just sit down and write Unsettled Matters like a story, bro. Also, why does Bleeker not just reveal or prove something? He wrote a full book in 1999, these days you can’t market a Bruce Lee tea cup without permission from the Estate so it’s not fair to ask that of anyone. If you release anything with Bruce Lee’s name on it without permission you get a court date regardless of what information you have.

In 1973 Bruce began to look emaciated because he was taking steroids for muscle growth and diuretics to enhance toning. I’ve seen enough and read enough to believe that this is the case. If you don’t think that Bruce took steroids I can understand that but it would be best to read the source material.

Steroid use for athletes was NOT frowned on in 1973. People get hung up on this issue because they assume that Bruce Lee is being degraded as being a cheat – THAT IS NOT THE CASE. The first Olympics to BAN the use of steroids was Montreal 1976. Bruce never lived to see the day that steroids earned their notorious reputation or he may have had a different outlook on taking them in the first place.

Steroid use for athletes was NOT frowned on in 1973. People get hung up on this issue because they assume that Bruce Lee is being degraded as being a cheat – THAT IS NOT THE CASE. The first Olympics to BAN the use of steroids was Montreal 1976. Bruce never lived to see the day that steroids earned their notorious reputation or he may have had a different outlook on taking them in the first place.

This is all people really need to know when it comes to making their mind up about this Bruce Lee and steroids issue.

I've said before and I'll say it again... The question you doubters really need to ask is....

Why wouldn't Bruce take anabolic steroids?

He wanted the best looking, strongest, most toned body he could create and he was always trying new stuff to achieve this.

If he heard that athletes were using this stuff and bodybuilders were creating these amazing physiques using it, then it's pretty obvious Bruce would want in on that.

Like many of us have said a million times already in this thread... Anabolic steroids were not frowned upon nor considered dangerous back then. And barely anything was known for sure about the side effects. So as far as Bruce was concerned he was just taking a new exciting find in the world of bodybuilding and performance enhancing supplements.

Doctors were even injecting people with it back then, for athletic purposes.

I rest my case. :nerd:

this might lighten the mood a bit - th_rtyewq.jpg

Guys,

Despite the interview I believe that this book was a hoax, basically derriding everybodies interest in the then "unreleased" G.O.D stuff, much like the current big boss thread.

I did have an email back from the alledged author at the time but this appeared first on either Nick Clarke's or divine wind forum (can't remember) and as you can imagine generated lots of interest. Threads then started appearing saying that it was a hoax...

No more was heard of it and as the "author" replied and said that I was on the "mailing list" for its release but I never heard anything I guess hoax or a failed release was the case... :neutral:

Whilst everybody is talking about GOD I'll share a funny story - old timers may have heard me say before so please excuse me if this is the case..

In the early nineties, Norman Borine brought his "Bruce Lee prop museum" over to London which included one of the GOD catsuits that bruce wore. It still had a very faded "Kareem" footprint on the chest...apparently because a maid (not sure where) did not know its history and just thought it dirty and so washed it!! :neutral: