Game of Death: Game Over! - New book on GOD by best-selling author Joe Kenney

Guest mpm74

When i saw Game Of Death in 1978 i was only 14...big for my age and got in to the X certificate film no problem...i knew of Bruce Lee obviously but as this was before the days of even video and me being young & impressionable i was totally taken in and thought it was a bona fide Bruce Lee movie

That's how I felt when I first saw it on TV. Then, I saw it again a couple of years later on VHS; this time around, I noticed the weird stuff (card board, spliced Bruce Lee, funeral), and I thought I discovered a conspiracy that nobody else knew about out. lol

DragonClaws

Did Joe Kenney ever release his Game Of Death book?. Ive just read the article on CityOnFire.com and cant recall the book being released. For a few year's I lost touch with a lot of Martial Arts film related stuff.

• Like 1

Did Joe Kenney ever release his Game Of Death book?. Ive just read the article on CityOnFire.com and cant recall the book being released. For a few year's I lost touch with a lot of Martial Arts film related stuff.

Long story short... the book never officially saw the light of day. ;)

• Like 1

DragonClaws
Long story short... the book never officially saw the light of day. ;)

Thanks mpm74.

It not the first Bruce Lee book not to make it into print.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
Davis Miller's other project...

That's one, George Tan had a few projects that never saw the light of the day. Cant recall exact titles but there's been a few book related projects that were never finished.

I think its harder to get a project off the ground now the BL estate have an even tighter grip on things. I'm not saying they are the reason behind all these projects not coming out. Some people lose interest or cant get the funding or a publisher to back them.

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer
On 1/13/2011 at 1:18 PM, sdog2006 said:

To be fair I think it would be best to read the book, mate.

In my last post I said; “Not related to that (the steroid use) he also had Bruce's autopsy report and the full Hong Kong inquest into his death” Now you acknowledge that you haven’t read these? I have and Bleeker had access to these long before they were available to the likes of me. Unsettled Matters was written in 1999 and he referred to these throughout the book.

Steroids, for me, were nothing to do with Lee’s death and I acknowledged that in my previous post. Also, did Bleeker care for Bruce? What difference does that make? Do you write a more accurate portrayal of a person’s life when you’re best of friends? I’m not saying everything Bleeker wrote is accurate but the access he had was unlimited. This guy was a ghost writer for Linda Lee when she wrote the Bruce Lee Story and was aghast with the amount of information that was left out.

Bleeker didn’t just sit down and write Unsettled Matters like a story, bro. Also, why does Bleeker not just reveal or prove something? He wrote a full book in 1999, these days you can’t market a Bruce Lee tea cup without permission from the Estate so it’s not fair to ask that of anyone. If you release anything with Bruce Lee’s name on it without permission you get a court date regardless of what information you have.

In 1973 Bruce began to look emaciated because he was taking steroids for muscle growth and diuretics to enhance toning. I’ve seen enough and read enough to believe that this is the case. If you don’t think that Bruce took steroids I can understand that but it would be best to read the source material.

Steroid use for athletes was NOT frowned on in 1973. People get hung up on this issue because they assume that Bruce Lee is being degraded as being a cheat – THAT IS NOT THE CASE. The first Olympics to BAN the use of steroids was Montreal 1976. Bruce never lived to see the day that steroids earned their notorious reputation or he may have had a different outlook on taking them in the first place.

Steroid use by athletes may not have been frowned upon in the early 1970s, but athletes used them, pro and Olympic athletes, Bruce Lee was a past thirty actor. How and from whom did he acquire the anabolic steroids he supposedly took?

On 1/13/2011 at 6:43 AM, Golden Arm Kid said:

I guess the point of what I'm saying is how credible is Tom Bleecker really? I wouldn't know because I barely know too much about him. Has he provided evidence or has he just been saying/writing things?

Taken from his first book, Unsettled Matters.

176.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

• Like 5