5-pattern dragon claws question...

achiever

I have a copy of "Dragon's Claw" w/ Dragon Lee. I assume it's the same movie. (NOT to be confused with Dragon's Claws w/ Hwang Jang Lee)

My question is, is the version titled "5-pattern dragon claw" the same as the one titled "Dragon's claw"? Are there any cut scenes on either or any other potential differences? Both are Fullscreen english dubs.

Someone told me they're different movies altogether, but rarekungfumovies.com has them listed as the same.

THANKS FOR THE HELP in advance, people!

THANKS ALOT, people!!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungfusamurai

5 Pattern Dragon Claws is a Korean made flick. It also has Dragon Lee. Its one of those Thomas Tang productions. The other flick with Hwang Jang Lee was a Joseph Kuo movie and starred Jimmy Liu, I think.

Edit: Oh wait, are you wondering between the two Korean flicks, one called 5 Pattern and the other just plain Dragon Claws (or Dragon's Claw)? I think the latter name was used on the Saturn Productions version, but as far as I know, they are the same flick. If the credits list Dragon Lee and Hwang Jang Lee, then they are the same film. By the way, if you do a little digging, you can find the widescreen version from France (I think it's on Bach Films). Something like "5 Foudroyants...". French language only, Region 2, though.

KFS

bruceleeclones

5pattern.jpg

Capture from the widescreen version

I just got the french DVD mentioned. its a nice print, much better than the others ive seen. It's cut compared to the korean version tho i think. That has a couple of extra dialogue scenes.

Archived