I Want Movies With Wing Tsun Style

Angel26

hello everyone !!!

im looking for a movie that there is a style of wing tsun.

i have warriors two this is a great movie.

if there is more movie like this one i will be very happy to know about that and get them.

i very low by knowing the type of the movie and the name , so if there anyone that might be want to share with me this knowledge please let me know.

and again ...thanks :)

Check out "the Prodigal Son" one of the best wing chun films around.

Also check out- Warriors 2 and most of the modern day Sammo Hung films feature this style as well.

:cool:

kungfusamurai

There was that moving starring Michelle Yeoh from '93 or so called 'Wing Chun'. I haven't watched it in a long time so I don't know how faithful it is to the martial art, being somewhat of a wire-fu film.

Warriors 2 and Prodigal Son are probably the best films on the art. After that, there really isn't much.

KFS

Righteous Master

I have to agree with the previous suggestions. In my opinion, Prodigal Son is THE BEST wing chun film ever. This film (whether you like wing chun or not)belongs in any respectable MA collection.

The Wing Chun and Real Kung Fu tv series have some good Wing Chun in, but you have to get thru lots of melodrama first!

Check out Invincible Shaolin which has some of the style and also the end fight in Sammo's Gambling Ghost.

There was that moving starring Michelle Yeoh from '93 or so called 'Wing Chun'. I haven't watched it in a long time so I don't know how faithful it is to the martial art, being somewhat of a wire-fu film.

'Wing Chun' hardly has any wing chun fighting in it. It is pretty much centered around the person Yim Wing Chun rather than the fighting style.

As previously mentioned, Prodigal Son and Warriors 2 are among the best wing chun movies out there.

kungfusamurai

Didn't one of the Shaolin Cycle films with Fu Sheng, Bruce Tong, Chi Kwan Chun, etc.. feature a training method that was Wing Chun? Or at least inspired by it? When Chi Kwan Chun has to learn a one inch punch against a thick wood wall? I can't remember which of the films had this (Disciples of Shaolin? Shaolin Martial Arts?).

KFS

Didn't one of the Shaolin Cycle films with Fu Sheng, Bruce Tong, Chi Kwan Chun, etc.. feature a training method that was Wing Chun? Or at least inspired by it? When Chi Kwan Chun has to learn a one inch punch against a thick wood wall? I can't remember which of the films had this (Disciples of Shaolin? Shaolin Martial Arts?).

KFS

The movie you're thinking of is Shaolin Martial Arts, but I don't remember if it was wing chun he was learning.

The movie you're thinking of is Shaolin Martial Arts, but I don't remember if it was wing chun he was learning.

I think it was (or at least it was supposed to be) wing chun. The film's title is Hong quan yu yong chun after all...

Ti Lung learned Wing Chun from the woman monk in Shaolin Temple, he practices it on the tree but I don't think he really uses it in his fight at the end with Jonny Wang though.

theportlykicker

I know people often overlook it, but Jackie's application of Wing Chun in Rumble in the Bronx was very different to Sammo's, and MAN it looked good! The choreo in that film is so underrated.

• Like 1

i starting to get part of the movie you all of you describe , AND I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL.

i know my english is bad ...and after all this , im still get attention from you all... so i want to thank you about your understanding and listening to me and that show me that you took people seriously that makes me very happy.

And Again....Thank You ALL!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cognoscente
On 2/7/2008 at 12:59 AM, theportlykicker said:

I know people often overlook it, but Jackie's application of Wing Chun in Rumble in the Bronx was very different to Sammo's, and MAN it looked good! The choreo in that film is so underrated.

Pardon the pun but Jackie's use of Wing Chun in RITB makes Yuen Biao's Mook Jong scenes in The Prodigal Son and Wheels on Meals look like Wing Chun for dummies.

• Like 1

Don't forget the entertaining movie Kung Fu Wing Chun (2010) starring Bai Jing (as Yim Wing Chun) and Collin Chou.

Sadly she was murdered by her husband shortly after the film was released.

kfwc.jpg

• Like 2