Help! trying to figure out old movie

Guest bujang

Hello,

I've been trying to remember and track down a very good martial arts movie that I saw 20 or more years ago on TV. I believe it was a Shaw Brothers, but I'm not sure. Anyway, what I remember about the movie setting is that it's an early twentieth century movie where there are some heroes fighting a bunch of street gang members. The gang members are armed with rapid firing pistols. There's alot of running aroung and fighting in the streets. The heroes fight valiantly and kill a bunch of bad guys. I do remember the end scene in which I believe it's two heroes who are shot to death by the gang with the rapid firing pistols and that's how the movie ended. It was an awesome ending. I've been thinking it might the The Savage Five, but I'm not sure. Anyone who can give me any type of help with a lead, idea, or suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Steven

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlothStyleKungFu

Yeah, sounds like Savage Five to me too.

I've got one and its a tad more vague. I swear, when I was a kid, I saw an animal-style film... typical scenario, poison/snake/etc style bad guy, scrappy novice kid has to learn mongoose/crane/monkey/whatever-it-was to beat him... but the distinction I remember is that at one point the kid had to fight a bear(?) style big guy, who basically just bashed around, trying t grab the kid and bear hug him to death. I've gone through so many animal style films trying to find it.

Archived