Chinatown Kid playing at National Amusements theaters next week

Chemical Lemon

Chemical Lemon

Hey, Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but I saw this and figured I'd give you a heads up on this. Many National Amusements movie theater chains are playing kung fu double features on wednesday nights. I think it's $5 for 2 movies, but it may actually be $10. Anyway, this Wednesday one of the movies is Chinatown Kid.

http://www.nationalamusements.com/programs/specialprograms.asp?page=13

The double feature also has Fantasy Mission Force.

here are participating theaters

http://www.nationalamusements.com/programs/specialprograms.asp?page=11

Most of the movies are not great ones, but 2 kung fu movies on the big screen for $5 (or even $10)? That's a no brainer.

Also, Some of their cast lists seem wrong on some of the movies, so it's possible their may be some additional SB movies. Is there really a Deadly Duo starring Carter Wong? I'm hoping it's a mistake and it's the SB movie. Also, I'm confused about what they would be showing of the Lee Van Cleef "Master". Is this different than the tv show? Was there a movie related to the tv show. They appear to be taking guesses at some of these movies so I'm hoping The Master is also the SB version (aka 3 Evil Masters), I doubt it, but I'm full of small hopes.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, don't hold your breath, I went to one of the first shows a couple of weeks ago and was very, very dissapointed to see a large square box VHS print on the big screen!?!?

Man, if there going to offer Kung Fu movies on the big screen, you would think they would try to offer true widescreen presentations? I walked right out the minute the feature started playing. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, it was, and from what I know they were playing these films in 3 Boston area locations. In a way I was glad they were playing these films but I think this genre deserves a little more respect. National Amusements should do thier homework 1st and get in touch with the right people to present these films in a more professional format.

Maybe there isn't a good following but at least they should continue to release these double features on a weekly basis for $5 bucks. I think this is good for the genre. :cool:

Archived