Tiger and the Widow?

KyFi

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I didn't notice it.

Can't seem to find much info about this one online. 1981 with Hui Ying Hung---I like the sound of that.

Any comments on this one would be appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of those Celestial DVDs that I wished I had not bought. Kara's role is a supporting non-fighting one. Tanny's performance did not shed much light on her character.....was she good or bad? I can't answer after viewing it twice and frankly I don't much care anymore.

If Kara Hui ain't fightin', KyFi ain't buyin'! :D

See, somebody needs to invent a time machine and send Hugh Jackman back to 1970s Hong Kong:

HJ: Hey bub, I here ya got Kara Hui in your new movie.

SB exec #1: Who?

HJ: Kara Hui. Hui Ying Hung. The hot chick who kicks ass.

SB exec #1: Oh yeah, her. She's going to be standing in the background looking pretty. You should see this movie when it comes out.

HJ: Mmm, right. Couldn't you have her kicking ass? That's gonna really help your DVD sales down the line.

SB exec #1: DVD sales?!

HJ: Oh, OK. Hang on a sec. <SNICKT!!>

SB exec #2: Who?

See, somebody needs to invent a time machine and send Hugh Jackman back to 1970s Hong Kong:

SB exec #1: Who?

HJ: Kara Hui. Hui Ying Hung. The hot chick who kicks ass.

SB exec #1: Oh yeah, her. She's going to be standing in the background looking pretty. You should see this movie when it comes out.

HJ: Mmm, right. Couldn't you have her kicking ass? That's gonna really help your DVD sales down the line.

SB exec #1: DVD sales?!

HJ: Oh, OK. Hang on a sec. <SNICKT!!>

SB exec #2: Who?

Classic! :)

I feel the same way watching Invincible Shaolin---why the hell is she just standing there sobbing into a handkerchief the whole movie??!! :mad:

:D

Oh she sobs in The Tiger & The Widow too. Perhaps it's part of the studio's plan to groom her into a dramatic award-winning actress.:rolleyes:

Archived