I no longer need any stills for Reckless Cricket

falkor

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to bid on a set of lobby stills but a guy in Germany on ebay under the name indierap got them as there was many other items I wanted more. I think he posts here as well. He contacted me via ebay once or twice I assume to possibly sell some of his items.

Did you manage to save the thumbnails from the auction? Or has anyone got a Southern Screens article at least? Just some stills to show whether Reckless Cricket is traditional and what kind of martial arts styles could be contained...

Or has anyone got a Southern Screens article at least? Just some stills to show whether Reckless Cricket is traditional and what kind of martial arts styles could be contained...

I'll look at my SS's from ''78/ early '79 over the weekend.

Next month, I'll be scanning '78 runs for HKMN & Cinemart.

If I see anything, I'll let you know.

thanks teako; that would be much appreciated! Look forward to it... hopefully something will turn up.

Bad news... there is now very good reason to believe that Reckless Cricket was, unfortunately, never featured in Southern Screens. That is only an educated guess, and I could be wrong. However, if my man manages to come through then we might finally get a glimpse of this one bit (via a lobby card) that all but tails To Kill A Mastermind on the most wanted list.

HOLY COW, MANZ NOW GOT STILLZ FOR RECKLEZZ CRICKET; INNIT THOUGH!!! :D:D:D I better not show otherwise you lot will go and hassle Pfeiffer... If only it looked rubbish then we could have breathed a sigh of relief that we weren't missing anything major. Sorry to disappoint you guys. If you want to raid HKFA for Reckless Cricket, To Kill A Mastermind and Tiger Boy then I will happily join you! I can supply the brains and the ammo... let's leave tomorrow morning... :mad:

odioustrident
HOLY COW, MANZ NOW GOT STILLZ FOR RECKLEZZ CRICKET; INNIT THOUGH!!! :D:D:D I better not show otherwise you lot will go and hassle Pfeiffer... If only it looked rubbish then we could have breathed a sigh of relief that we weren't missing anything major. Sorry to disappoint you guys. If you want to raid HKFA for Reckless Cricket, To Kill A Mastermind and Tiger Boy then I will happily join you! I can supply the brains and the ammo... let's leave tomorrow morning... :mad:

...lock and load

Bad news... there is now very good reason to believe that Reckless Cricket was, unfortunately, never featured in Southern Screens. That is only an educated guess, and I could be wrong.

It's featured in the August 1978 issue and elsewhere in the mag there's an interview with star Han Kuo Tsai.

It's featured in the August 1978 issue and elsewhere in the mag there's an interview with star Han Kuo Tsai.

Give that man a ceeegar! Good eye B.

cricket1.jpg

cricket2.jpg

Reckless Cricket Heaven!!! :D I'll let out some stills cause Terry went to all that effort, which of course is much appreciated. :kiss: I can now see it would have been hard to spot just by flicking through the mags without an English title or anything as spectacular as what I'm about to show you from one of the fight scenes. All Shaw Brothers fans behold! :o

Thanks and credit goes out to Toby Russell for the inconvenient task of having to go through his massive pile of lobby cards--possibly damaging a few edges and corners--to scan this; it was dedicated to me, but I am now dedicating it to teako170 for all his hard work over the years in helping out many SB fans on this forum (including myself). These colour stills should go a long way in providing a more balanced mental picture of a major unreleased Shaw piece:

reckless2.jpg

reckless.jpg

peringaten

Great stuff. Shame I probably might never see it. Hopefully it's better than Kuei Chih Hung's other kung effort Coward Bastard, although I thought that one was tasty, despite seeing why it might not be to everyone's tastes. He did a good job directing Hon Gwok in Criminals' Deaf Mute Killer; liked the swinging truck stunt & experimental nature of that one, would be good to see them working together again, demonstrating those acrobatic skills I hear Hon Gwok's packing. But, ah well...

Coward Bastard was almost total ass. The one saving grace was Yuen Wah's performance in the action scenes.

Archived