Abbot White 2 (and other "raw" films)

achiever

After seeing a youtube preview of Abbot white 2, i was PSYCHED to see this. However, i had never actually tried to watch a "raw" (no dub & no subs) flick before.

I decided to put on some "pumped up" music (old school hip-hop from the early '90's for me)and give it a try with the sound turned off. I've gotta say, the movie was lotsa fun! The "rings" fight was pretty incredible (& much better on 32 inch tv than on youtube)- i know they must have sped up the film speed for effect, but the choreography was crisp, clean, and intense. It was pretty easy to get the jist of the movie without having the dialogue.

Anyway, any opinions about this film, and any input about how YOU watch "raw" films- I'm gonna try "Canton Viper" next & am open to ideas.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT, friends!

PS: special thanks to the gentleman who traded me BOTH Abbot white 2 & Canton Viper- 2 hard to find rares!!!

:D

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A subbed canton viper would be SWEET!

PS: I can't wait for you to re-organize your stock- when it's done, there are around 10 titles i want BADLY (including the WS Last fist of fury)!

PPS: your custom jobs are GREAT & are a big part of what makes this hobby so much fun... THANKS!

You're welcome! There's many people in the kung fu scene who have spent much of their time audio dubbing and subtitling films for other fans and collectors. It would be impossible to list everyone, but yeah, we owe a debt to them all. In comparison, I would say my output has been fairly minimal. The last great project I worked on was Deaf and Mute Heroine, which exhausted many man hours, though was well worth it.

Archived