7 Steps of Kung Fu (1979)

GhostFaceKiller

Guest Ardens
Get the Vengeance UK dvd.

It's wide and uncut.

The horrible Shaolin Raiders version is bottom of the barrel fullscreen dreck.

Sorry to bump this topic after it's fallen off the first page, but I was wondering if you might be able to point me to where I could buy the Vengeance UK DVD release of this movie?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

Have this one on a 12-movie and I saw it not too long ago, but I'm afraid to say I got next to no memory of it all right now... :squigglemouth:

But here's what I wrote on it back then:

With everyone mentionning it, I watched 7 Steps Of Kung Fu as well. :tongue:

My copy is on the Flying Fists Of Kung Fu 12-movie set. It began with a German card and the opening credits are cut, there's some tape damage early in the film and the movie briefly switches from English to Mandarin Chinese around the hour mark.

Nice film, the main character is likeable and delivers some funny comedy in the first third, while the last one has lots of nice action. The training scenes are pretty fun to watch and the white haired villain sets the bar really high for a great finale. Didn't catch the part with a guy doubling for a girl that paimeifist mentionned though.

Still another nice little film from a set that I like more and more each time I see one of the films on it.

I remember movies like 18 Fatal Strikes or Phantom Kung Fu much better, but this one (while apparently very good) didn't leave much of an impact - guess it could use either crazy sound effects, a weird but bad ass pair of brothers or someone sounding like a Monty Python character to be more memorable. :tongue:

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Simply An Awesome Movie.

The villain gives one of the best performances as the white haired devil.

776image11259900546.jpg

GD Y-Y

It's an under-watched classic, for sure. I started out with a mix of Jackie and the 80's kickboxing style and early 90's wire-fu on the MA side of things.Stuff like Police Story, Iron Monkey, Yes, Madam, In the Line of Duty 4, the Fong Sai-Yuk movies. But the older I've gotten, the more I've appreciated the artistry of Shapes. I can appreciate what Lau Kar-leung was doing and for the master that he was of his craft. Shapes are beautiful, like ass-stomping dances. Anyway, where I'm going with this - Seven Steps delivered this, in spades. From beginning to end, it's an absolute Fu-fest and it will not STOP MOVING. It's one of those Fast Shapes movies, I'm a sucker for those. If anyone here hasn't seen it, it's worth buying just for the last 30 minutes; the finale will have your jaw on the floor. That the rest of the movie is wonderful is just icing on the cake.

Really want to see this - what is the best version of this movie currently out there?

the Videoasia US one gets terrible reviews on Amazon, and I assume its a rip of the UK Vengeance Video release?

So is the "remastered" version from Shaolin video is the way to go?

thanks

Morgoth Bauglir

The remastered version gets asked about every once in awhile, but I've never seen footage of it remastered. The Videoasia or Vengeance version is fine. Could be worse.

Tacitus Jones

I watched this last night off of the Flying Fists of Kung Fu set. Quality wise was okay, and the last fight was pretty decent. I was surprised that the film ended right at the very end of the fight. I was almost expecting some minor epilogue or sum-up. Just a minor quibble, all in all it was fun :smile:

maybe this "remastered" version is actually a bootleg of the 35mm copy on ADC :)

the 35mm version dvd is superior to the vengeance video dvd.

Its on the IRON FIST FRENZY 50 movie set which I just ordered so that'll do fine

Its probably just the same as Vengeance version but itll do for a watch

My girlfriend gave me The Iron Fist Frenzy box-set for Christmas. This is one title Ive been reading about for year's. Look's like my late night movie viewing for the weekend is sorted.

Archived