Longest one shot fight scene?

defangthewolf

kungfusamurai
KFS have you seen Master of Thunder aka Legend of the Seven Monks? If so what did you think of the opening fight?

I just check out the clip posted below. I'm not impressed. The fighting is pretty basic. Just kicking or throwing punches at whoever is coming at the guy. The only part I liked was when he took down the guy by locking his arm with his leg, which was a technically difficult thing to do. But the fact that it's sped up means they were moving slower, which means it was easier to prepare for each fighting moment. It's much more complicated when people are fighting at full speed and pulling multiple combinations.

I'll have to look at the Chang Cheh stuff again to see where he was attempting to do longer takes. I should rephrase what I wrote, in saying that long takes only work if you have weapons play or there are multiple fights going on. In other words, a one on one or one on two fight might get boring and could increase the chances of error beyond 30 or so moves, unless you have guys like The Venoms or the Seven Little Fortunes 'riffing' off each other.

Edit: I based my comment on Master of Thunder on the first clip. The muscle guy pulls of some more intricate moves in the second clip. But overall, I found my interest waning after a minute.

KFS

• Like 1

kungfusamurai
I thought it was incredible. I like the TYG fight a lot, but I like the Master of Thunder opening a lot more.

I guess the MoT beginning doesn't blow me away because it's just one guy overpowering a bunch of other guys. But then again, that's what Sonny Chiba does in all his flicks! :)

KFS

• Like 1

On 1/28/2008 at 5:54 PM, Bruce Long said:

There was a Connie Chan Po-Chu film from the 1960's, in which I was amazed to see her doing (as I recall) 26 consecutive moves in a single fight sequence. I can't remember which film it was, though.

I like Connie. I found a Chinese Tapatalk forum about her: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/chanpochu/1972-t218.html

• Like 2