shaolin intruders-image

mantis FIST

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait till it drops mantis fist for an official answer. deadly breaking sword didnt list it had the dub on the cover or on the website. Not to speak on behalf of anybody but between myself, morgoth, and bobo, we'll letcha know :)

Been looking forward (after selling off my IVL version) to a decent release for this nice movie (no matter how hopeless). However, Smarterray over at 'Asian DVD Guide' linked us to DVD Beaver and it's just the same old tripe from the incompetent folks at Image and Celestial :).

Thanks for the link. Image once again drops the ball on the Shaw Brothers stuff. They have had so much input on what they need to do, yet they basically say FUCK OFF fanboys! And release crap like this. Such a shame... :( Linn and others have always been right when it comes to Image and there crappy job on the Shaw Brothers titles, but I still wanted to have some hope with their so called new label (eastern masters).

They still havent listed that they have the english dub of Deadly Breaking Sword on their website. No sign of whether Intimate Confessions of Chinese Courtesan will have it but they did list the english dub for Magic Blade(but as always they could fuck that up). As mentioned before, if you guys want Magic Blade now with the english dub, get the Siren Visual version.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Anyone know if the english subs are different translations from the IVLs? What's up with Siren anyway? Are these just Red Sun style (poor) quality boots? Or is this company really releasing high quality alternatives to IVLs releases?

Image are legit, but incompetently handled.

They do have one positive side to all other companies using English subtitles: They are cleaned-up and more pleasant to the eye (if not a re-translation).

Not one company has gotten their transfers right and included standard quality English subtitles - something about to change with the 2 US companies putting stuff out in the near future.

Siren would be nice if they were anamorphic.

Good subtitles and progressive flagging too - god knows why they weren't in the first place, when the masters were in the same format as the Aussie's use.

Few other things could have had a second look.

Anyone know if the english subs are different translations from the IVLs? What's up with Siren anyway? Are these just Red Sun style (poor) quality boots? Or is this company really releasing high quality alternatives to IVLs releases?

Image uses the same subs as IVL if i recall correctly. Siren is legit although not perfect. They dont have the same quality of hd transfers that Dragon Dynasty has. However, i do like their releases for the most part better than IVL's considering IVL has fucked up way more transfers/audio mixes.

Have you found any websites other then the Siren website who sell the Siren stuff?

hkflix was/is selling their stuff, however they were buying from an unauthorized 3rd party distributer(surprise surprise). Siren Visual put a stop to that(the distro) so if you see a siren visual item labeled as "special order", it will probably never come.

Killer Meteor
Siren would be nice if they were anamorphic.

Their releases of The Assassin, Dragon Swamp, The Shadow Whip, The Water Margin, The Spiritual Boxer, Challenge Of The Masters and The Web Of Death are anamorphic

Sentswordsman

You know what? Image has no business releasing Shaw Brothers titles in the US. They might as well just release their Shaw titles in Asia alongside IVL. What is their logic behind releasing Shaolin Intruders without an english dub to an english speaking market. The dub isn't hard to find, all they had to do was call me up and I would have supplied them with the fucking dub if they needed it. I'm fed up with all their and the Celestial bullshit.

I sent them a copy. In the end, it had nothing to do with celestial not letting them use the dub, it came down to them having to pay extra for the dub. That said, it would have been smarter to spend the money IMO.

This is why I can't be mad at the jumper dubs & Panmedia. If Image can't get it done, then let somebody get it right.

I don't care for the dubs that much personally but I've seen a few of those Panmedia discs and how anybody could stand that garbage is beyond me. Those guys can't even be bothered with properly syncing the english track with the on screen action. What's more insulting is that those crappy discs make it into chain stores adding further insult to the genre should somebody not familiar take a chance on one of them.

In the end I think it doesn't really matter a great deal whether Image used English tracks on their releases as there is a great deal of people who STILL will not purchase the disc opting instead to download it or go the cheaper route mentioned above.

TheManInWhite

"Image has no business releasing Shaw Brothers titles in the US. They might as well just release their Shaw titles in Asia alongside IVL. What is their logic behind releasing Shaolin Intruders without an english dub to an english speaking market."

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Make absolutely no sense to me. :rolleyes:

Killer Meteor
How are the subtitles on the Siren dvds?

Not very good. Translation wise, they are the same as the IVLs, and they are a greeny colour and often badly placed. Still worth it for the superior picture and original audio (depending on the disc)

Archived