Disciples Of the 36th Chamber IVL DVD Question

HAZ

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Righteous Master

Slipcovers look cool when you first get a movie, but in over time become annoying. I usually just throw mine away right away.

It came with the slipcover. I purchased it when released with the Aug 1st 2003 Batch 14 releases along with Vengeance. The sounds been remixed but it's one of the discs that's not to bad actually. Just incidental cricket sounds, none of the heavy weapon crashes and foot stamping found in say Brave Archer, or even worse, The Lady Assassin.

Chen Kuan Tai
Mine is single layer, disc size is 4.26GB

Also it is anamorphic, I'll edit my post above.

Yes, me too. I just checked mine. Slipcovers are nice but aren't so sad without it (since 2-3 years no more from ivl/celestial). They got the same front/back cover like the dvd-covers. So for me no need it.

So, their 2nd pressings are all single sided? The slipcovers aren't that important, but I'd seek them out just to know that I'm getting a DVD-9 instead of a DVD-5.

Chen Kuan Tai
So, their 2nd pressings are all single sided? The slipcovers aren't that important, but I'd seek them out just to know that I'm getting a DVD-9 instead of a DVD-5.

Think, after celestial changed the sound from 5.1 upmix in 2.0 mono by the newer releases, the memory get more less. So they took dvd-5.

But I don't understand it. Disciples 36th comes out in 2003 and has 5.1 too, even two tracks (mandarin/canto) and it's a dvd-5. Oh well, there isn't anything to understand in things of celestial. ;)

I thought all Celestials with slipcases in their first pressing were DVD9?

So I assumed my copy is a DVD9.

Is there a way to be sure apart from burning a copy and inserting a single layer blank?

Hi,

If you put your dvd into a computer & it says that the dvd is bigger than 4 gigs, then its a dvd-9. And you can shrink any disc, with all its features, to fit on a dvd-9. You'll lose quality, tho.

h

Chen Kuan Tai
Hi,

If you put your dvd into a computer & it says that the dvd is bigger than 4 gigs, then its a dvd-9. And you can shrink any disc, with all its features, to fit on a dvd-9. You'll lose quality, tho.

h

DVD-5 goes till 4,7 GB. Yes, there is a software, called "dvdshrink". With it you can minimize the data (quality) and delete for example the extras to that minimum that it can be copy with DVD-5. But for a sb fan it doesn't really makes sense. Original SB DVDs are better for sb fans. :)

Chen Kuan Tai

I just got Martial Club in slipcase (still shrink-wrap) from cd-wow. Very nice, hope that isn't a singular case.

Secret Executioner

My copy (bought used) comes with the slipcover and a 2005 catalogue all in Chinese. The DVD itself though has 4.26 Go capacity, so I guess it's a DVD-5.

Archived